Imperial And Arctic Set Pics

gscbr

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking the Flag Vipers are actually just to carry the throne while CC sits on it. The flags look like they could plug into the bottom sides ofthe throne. That would look really cool to me. And if they are carrying a throne, I think they wouldnt have the free hands to weild a weapon. Why they would have them for a parade is beyond me.

Im just trying to interject some ways to make something work. Looking at it from a different angle. Wow, I didnt realize there was something wrong with that. Sorry if that annoys you.

Hehe, indeed. It always amazes me that a people who's hobby is collecting a CHILDREN'S toyline can lack the essential part, imagination.

This is true! ^_^

However.....the type of "imagination" that Hasbro sometimes expects us collectors to incorporate, is the imagination that can look at a turd and imagine it's a cool looking G.I.Joe instead!

hehe.gif

I just wish (for a change) we could get one of these exclusive 6-packs, that I didn't feel the need to repaint or just pile up for custom fodder later. Having them COOL as is..in the box...shouldn't be too much to ask.

The holographic Mirage, is absolutely absurd and ridiculous for Hasbro to throw into an artic Joes set. Oh sure..it's COOL to have holographic, see-thru plastic figure I guess, if it's just something to have in the collection for "having it in the collection" sake, but again, to just throw it into this particular set, like an after thought, is annoying.

It's like they're letting us know they think we're all just ANYTHING RAH WHORES! <_<

Guest A-MAN
The holographic Mirage, is absolutely absurd and ridiculous for Hasbro to throw into an artic Joes set.   

Has it been confirmed that Mirage is see-through? Really? I can't tell. Some think he's gray.

Which 6 packs haven't been disappointing on some level? Tiger Force had a weak Stalker with gold weapons, Python Patrol had pinkie Saw Viper. Even Cobra Infantry had bad accessories and quality issues (cracked shoulders or elbows for some buyers). Night Force had Roadblock V1 rehashed, generic accessories and Action Man. Anti-Venom had painted flesh, lame Duke (not to be confused with lame duck) and "Strecthline". Cobra Urban Strike included Ninja Force Storm Shadow and some poor accessory choices. Desert Patrol team was half desert camo, except for mustache-less Stalker, included whiplash victim "StrecthDustlight" and had the most generic accessories yet. Ninja Clan was okay, if your red ninjas didn't break when you looked at them. Green shirts have goatees galore and are all clones. Crimson Guard has the zillionth recolor of Firefly v1, CGs who can't turn their heads and Tomax and Xamots with minimalist paint ops.

I guess my expectations dropped after last year's crop.

The holographic Mirage, is absolutely absurd and ridiculous for Hasbro to throw into an artic Joes set.    

Has it been confirmed that Mirage is see-through? Really? I can't tell. Some think he's gray.

mirage4_large.jpgmiragelarge2fj.png

I'm just looking at the pic, and to me, it definitely looks as though they're passing it off as a mirage of Mirage! :rolleyes: How cute!

You can see that there's no hair color, no flesh color, and only the grenades and sraps are colored. The rest is all the holographic plastic.

Which 6 packs haven't been disappointing on some level?  Tiger Force had a weak Stalker with gold weapons, Python Patrol had pinkie Saw Viper.  Even Cobra Infantry had bad accessories and quality issues (cracked shoulders or elbows for some buyers).  Night Force had Roadblock V1 rehashed, generic accessories and Action Man. Anti-Venom had painted flesh, lame Duke (not to be confused with lame duck) and "Strecthline". Cobra Urban Strike included Ninja Force Storm Shadow and some poor accessory choices. Desert Patrol team was half desert camo, except for mustache-less Stalker,  included whiplash victim "StrecthDustlight" and had the most generic accessories yet. Ninja Clan was okay, if your red ninjas didn't break when you looked at them. Green shirts have goatees galore and are all clones. Crimson Guard has the zillionth recolor of Firefly v1, CGs who can't turn their heads and Tomax and Xamots with minimalist paint ops.

I guess my expectations dropped after last year's crop

Understood and agreed! I guess I'm always expecting a clue to be got, and some REAL quality effort going into the FINAL product, that makes it to the pegs. Concepts and implementations (Firefly with Crimson set) can be overlooked or ignored, but the paint apps just get more and more horrendous.

Lazt. Thats a Scandinavian word for "Forgetting how close T and Y are on the keyboard"

Ive been lazt on occasion myself.

Yep. I had only sleep like 3 hours out of the last two days at that point. So letters started to form together in my eyes. @lol@

Draven

I finally decided to post.

I like these sets. Grantedthe arctic troopers dont look too much like they are gonna blend inwith the snow but hey i hate when all the joes look alike i think it looks good that they almost look like individual figs. just likewhen i was buying joes when i grew up.

The IP set all ihave to say is wowi really like it. Cant wait to get it.

Nowi cant wait for pics of the moray

I finally decided to post.

I like these sets. Grantedthe arctic troopers dont look too much like they are gonna blend inwith the snow but hey i hate when all the joes look alike i think it looks good that they almost look like individual figs. just likewhen i was buying joes when i grew up.

The IP set all ihave to say is wowi really like it. Cant wait to get it.

Nowi cant wait for pics of the moray

I'm just looking at the pic, and to me, it definitely looks as though they're passing it off as a mirage of Mirage! :rolleyes: How cute!

You can see that there's no hair color, no flesh color, and only the grenades and sraps are colored. The rest is all the holographic plastic.

I'm still hoping this is not the final. I really want that to be true.

Well the Electric Eel turned out okay. Perhaps Mirage will have some sort of explanation behind it, like the stealth Zartan.

Yeah, I actually liked that idea on the Electric Eel, it made sense at least.

I think the novelty of the clear plastic action figures generated the idea to included a Joe version at some point, and it looks as though THIS set and THIS figure, gets to be it.

It's a..for collectors sake addition.

Perhaps its an ice-sculpture of Mirage, to be the table centerpiece at Joe parties. @loll@

@lol@

Maybe he's suppose to be the "victim" of the unproduced FREEZE-Viper? ^_^

I don't think he's transparent. I think he's just grey.

That would make even LESS sense! He's all gray paint, flesh areas and all, except for some belts, straps and head bands?

WOW! That makes it even more ridiculous than slipping in a transparent version of him for shits and giggles.

Looking at the Electric Eel in the package, one might think it's just painted Green as well, since parts of it were painted for details like what the Mirage figure appears to be also.

eelmirage6wb.png

I'm going to stick with my belief that the Mirage is transparent, as the gray concept just doesn't make ANY sense. The transparent thing is still DUMB (imo) but at least it's concept is more sensical. ^_^

I would rather have him gray. It could just be face paint then. And to me it looks like there is dark gray paint on his lower body and arms so I am doubting this holo thing.

Draven

I would rather have him gray. It could just be face paint then. And to me it looks like there is dark gray paint on his lower body and arms so I am doubting this holo thing.

Draven

Look at the comparison pics again though...

The Dark Gray you're seeing on his arm, is the strap that's Brown in the other version. So yeah, they're painting some of the details on him, like the head band and grenade belt, and who knows what all on his lower body, but just like with the Electric Eel, parts will be painted over top the clear plastic.

It's not being done like the TOTALLY holographic Zartan exclusive figure was, or the 12" female figure being offered at MC along with the Jungle Viper. It's clear palstic with painted details for effect I guess.

Mirages whole head is gray except for the head band, so I don't see it as being camo or anything.

Ok I see that now buy wat about the legs and waiste. They look dark gray to me still.

Draven

hehe.gif Tippin' back some of Grandmas medicine again there buddy, or fightin' sleep deprivation again?

I'll see if I can decipher here...

"Ok I see that now buy wat about the legs and waiste."

Ok I see that now, but what about the legs and waist?"

@lol@ just razzin'

I dunno about those! Like 8speed posted, we'll sure find out when they hit eBay! Until then..it's all based on perception off the one photo.