The Possible Story To Superman Returns

mynameisash

you want to know, then scroll down

Superman has been gone for 6 years into space to reasearch and see if he is indeed the last son of Krypton. He comes back to find that Lois has a 5 yr old son by Perry White's son (Cyclops from X2) and that she is also engaged to marry this guy.

I THINK THIS BLOWS!!!!!! SINGER SHOULDA STUCK WITH WHAT HE KNEW BEST! X-MEN!!!!

you want to know, then scroll down

Superman has been gone for 6 years into space to reasearch and see if he is indeed the last son of Krypton. He comes back to find that Lois has a 5 yr old son by Perry White's son (Cyclops from X2) and that she is also engaged to marry this guy.

I THINK THIS BLOWS!!!!!! SINGER SHOULDA STUCK WITH WHAT HE KNEW BEST! X-MEN!!!!

Depends...If Lois is portrayed by Famke Jansen, then it may not be that bad continuity wise.

Bryan Singer's upcoming Superman film has seen its fair share of internet rumors. But there is a much more sinister (and overall more scandalous) rumor afoot, and it’s guaranteed to draw a fair share of internet debate.

When it was announced months ago that Bryan Singer would take on the new Superman film, Superman Returns, fans praised this decision. After all, Bryan Singer successfully took the X-Men franchise from the pages of the comics to the big screen, so he was more than qualified to direct everyone’s favorite caped superhero’s return to the motion picture. But even before Singer was attached to the project the rumor mill was working overtime on this film, cranking out all kinds of crazy stories about, most notably, who would be cast in the leading role. Rumor websites shuffled through names like they were shuffling through a phonebook, attributing their information to their “friends who worked on the Warner Brothers lot� who were always “100% reliable�. Thankfully, most of these rumors were squelched when Brandon Routh was cast in the leading role as Clark Kent/Superman. And, in the past few weeks, most of the other main roles have been confirmed as well, most recently with James Marsden (Cyclops in the X-Men movies) being cast as Lois Lane’s love interest Richard White and Hugh Laurie (from the Fox TV series “House�) as Perry White, editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet. But there is a much more sinister (and overall more scandalous) rumor afoot, and it’s guaranteed to draw a fair share of internet debate (as if there wasn’t enough of it already).

Before Brandon Routh was cast in the role of Superman word got out that Singer had it in mind to cast a relatively unknown actor in the role (which has since proven to be true since Routh is indeed a relatively unknown actor), his motives for doing so were unclear, but Rich Johnston from Comic Book Resources claimed to have an answer to that in his rumor column, in which he alleged that:

“I'm told, that Bryan Singer has a particular theme in mind regarding this film. As an openly gay activist, he's wanting to give the world a new young gay role model, and is looking to employ someone who is either openly gay or closeted gay, who'll come out during publicity for the movie. Superman itself can also be seen as an allegory for closeted homosexuality … and Singer wants to add that meta-textual element to the movie.�

This rumor has since polarized a good amount of internet rumor-watchers since Johnston introduced it to his column, and it has yet to be resolved or officially commented on by anyone from Warner Brothers. To make matters more unclear, little is known about Routh as an individual or as an actor, so nobody has been able to prove this rumor 100% wrong. Is Brandon Routh a closeted homosexual? Will he announce his homosexuality in the days or weeks leading up to the movies release? Nobody knows. All we can say for sure is that Brandon Routh did a guest spot on a Gilmore Girls episode and a Will and Grace episode called “A Gay/December Romance�. Does this make him the gayest performer in Hollywood? No, but it makes him marginally gayer than me, and I own two pairs of shoes.

Either way, if this rumor is true it could potentially mean a lot to the Gay Community and their detractors as well. Singer’s alleged intentions sound noble, but is hiring an actor based on his or her sexuality really good practice, whether homosexual or not? I’m not here to argue the socio-political implications of a dirty internet rumor, but you have to admit that various religious groups are going to have a field day if Superman is indeed gay.

i couldn't care less if singer or the actor is gay, as long as superman is still the same superman. it's sad if there is a secret agenda here, but as long as it doesn't affect the product on the screen, i'm fine.

now i know these are just rumours, but i think the rumour about lois having a kid is much worse than the gay issues off set . superman gone for 6 years and a 5 year old kid would mean lois moved on the second he left. that's not the lois i know from the legend. it's one thing to bend the storyline, but going too far would alienate many fans. if this is confirmed, i doubt i'll waste my time seeing it.

Bryan Singer being gay(which I've known, my resident advisor at college was friends with him) means even less to me than the actor playing Superman being gay...didn't affect any of the previous movies Singer has made.

I think the Lois having a five year old kid thing is stupid as well....the actress playing Lois is what, 22? Obviously she'll play her older but it's just a lame and pointless plotpoint.

it is pointless. why can't you do it without the kid, lois trying to move on after 6 years and is engaged, clark/superman has to win her back? that's the same thing. if they think they can add a kid in there for a few cute scenes, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

the story of lois and clark/ superman has always been a huge part of the superman universe. there was always this bond that can't be so easily broken. a few people may not see it as such a big deal, maybe even accept the fact it reflects a modern norm, but to me, it does change things in that the bond isn't as strong. it really changes the way we view the relationship between the two characters. if they get back together, what's next, cheating?

it's like if we changed the story of snow white in the same way. while snow white is waiting for the prince, she has several torrid affairs with the dwarves and gets pregnant by one of them. she needs a paternaity test to figure it out. then the prince comes along and takes her away only to reveal that he himself, is having a gay affair. doesn't sound right, does it. kinda takes the fairy tale out of things and that's the same way i see this rumour. it was a fairly tale relationship ruined.

why does everything have to be turned into an episode of jerry springer.

Brian Singer's gay. Wow who would have thought. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Seriously, Singer's gay?! I had no idea, not that anything is wrong with that. How does everyone know this?

Arch

I found it at ain't cool news. then did a google search for bryan singer and its all over.

I don't think think there's anything wrong with that but I think soccer moms may freak a little if superman is gay. who knows.

I found it at ain't cool news. then did a google search for bryan singer and its all over.

I don't think think there's anything wrong with that but I think soccer moms may freak a little if superman is gay. who knows.

I think that would be the "concern" here.

The man's orientation doesn't diminish his body of work--but not everyone can get past the orientation thing, once they learn of it.

The Usual Supsects is still a amazing movie and Xmen and X2 are still fun to watch.

I think the "news" will be a big deal to the ...........more "uptight" kinds of folks that come along--which is sad in a way.

it is pointless. why can't you do it without the kid, lois trying to move on after 6 years and is engaged, clark/superman has to win her back? that's the same thing. if they think they can add a kid in there for a few cute scenes, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

the story of lois and clark/ superman has always been a huge part of the superman universe. there was always this bond that can't be so easily broken. a few people may not see it as such a big deal, maybe even accept the fact it reflects a modern norm, but to me, it does change things in that the bond isn't as strong. it really changes the way we view the relationship between the two characters. if they get back together, what's next, cheating?

it's like if we changed the story of snow white in the same way. while snow white is waiting for the prince, she has several torrid affairs with the dwarves and gets pregnant by one of them. she needs a paternaity test to figure it out. then the prince comes along and takes her away only to reveal that he himself, is having a gay affair. doesn't sound right, does it. kinda takes the fairy tale out of things and that's the same way i see this rumour. it was a fairly tale relationship ruined.

why does everything have to be turned into an episode of jerry springer.

Keep in mind that this could also be a deliberate red-herring tossed out to deflect attempts to uncover the actual script.

Singer is a pretty savvy guy when it comes to his movies--I doubt he's going to helm a train-wreck.

Yeah I really doubt it won't be at least watchable. I didn't see the film Singer made previous to The Usual Suspects but everything since (especially that) has been really quite good imo.

I'm not so sure anybody'd care about the Superman actor being gay, Kevin Spacey is "rumored" to be gay, nobody really cares. What would be controversial is if they made the actual character of Superman gay. Which would almost certainly never ever happen at a corporation like Warner Bros.

If Brandon Routh being gay has an effect on anything, it'd be his career, not the movie. Ian McKellan being gay didn't prevent anyone from seen the X-men and LOTR movies. Little kids don't know the difference, and if some uptight parent doesn't let them go see it because of that, they'd be a lot more uncomfortable explaining why.

the only thing is not the director being gay. there's plenty of those. but the actual actor that plays superman. kids look up to these individuals. like kids always look at Mark Hamill as Luke and Tobey as Spidey so Superman is a major icon. Then again, the facts are not in and for all we know Brandon is straight.