Blue Beetle

LiquidMetal

I know Blue Beetle's appearin' in JLA Classified right now...

But I think he might be ready for a solo series (again)....

I know he had a series back in the 80's :)

With his slick new&improved costume and some good writers and artists/pencilers a new BB series could be a hit!!! @firedevil@ possibly...maybe!?!? :unsure:

I think Beetle's got potential!!! :D

What do you guys think/say ??

I'm listening/reading....

#US1#

To be honest, I really like him being a member of the "Superbuddies". One of the funniest things I've ever read. :)

Then you might like "Justice League: A New Beginning", a trade paperback chronicalling the beginning of that era of the Justice League. There is also a follow up to A New beginning, "The Secret Gospel of Maxwell Lord" which is a little harder to find.

These cover

ANB: Justice League 1-6, Justice League International 7.

SGML: Justice League International 8 - 12, Annual 1.

After that, I recommend tracking down individual issues of Justice League International 13 - 24.

These are truely the BEST of that era. Although the spin-off Justice League Europe has an awesome story in #6 about the team attending French language lessons. JLE#6, one of the BEST.

To be honest, I really like him being a member of the "Superbuddies".  One of the funniest things I've ever read. :)

Then you might like "Justice League: A New Beginning", a trade paperback chronicalling the beginning of that era of the Justice League. There is also a follow up to A New beginning, "The Secret Gospel of Maxwell Lord" which is a little harder to find.

These cover

After that, I recommend tracking down individual issues of Justice League International 13 - 24.

These are truely the BEST of that era. Although the spin-off Justice League Europe has an awesome story in #6 about the team attending French language lessons. JLE#6, one of the BEST.

Oooo. Thank you very much! I'm going to go track these down now. :)

teds gona get da axe LOL :)

mhahaha!

Long as they stay away from my firestorm this time DANG IT LOL :) IMO guys like these are perfect for knocking off! How many robins have we gone through allready LOL?:D:D:D:D

teds gona get da axe LOL :)

mhahaha!

:o You're EVIL!!! Never post to me again!!! :angry: <_<

j/k @smilepunch@

Nah, it's okay synch......I enjoy your mean comments!!! :)

#US1#

Bear in mind tha tnobody knows for sure that Blue Beetle is the dead guy in Countdown. Peopel are saying that becasue the picture "kinda sorta looks like it might have goggles on." DC has admitted to purposefully making this drawing ambiguous and fan speculation has run wild. Remember when Dick Grayson was supposed to be the killer in IC?

If they do kill off Blue Bettle I will be extrememly upset. I love Ted and would love to see a new ongoing (the 1980s run by Len Wein is terriffic!). Like Booster, I am not a fan of his new blakc costume. For me the Blue Beetle should be primarily blue. I am enjoying the Superbuddies though and it's time for a new ongoing of that too. The new story arc though makes me miss Sue more than ever. Oh well.

Long as they stay away from my firestorm this time DANG IT LOL :) IMO guys like these are perfect for knocking off! How many robins have we gone through allready LOL?:D:D:D:D

I think there's something in the works for Firestorm going away in the newest solicitations...

I haven't read Identity Crisis yet, but after reading Formerly Known As the Justice League, hearing that Sue is gone depresses me.

Yea I know they are working on bringing him back or whatever in the newest arc for firestorm :)

IDC is an ok read :) Its great till the last issuse... I did not like the ending that much... I'm enjoying the jla vs the jlu arc a lot right now my self :D as well as rebirth... & TT.. Don't read much else...

The thing about dc is that all there books tie into each other... I HATE THAT!

PS why does batman have a sword?! Whats up with that?!.. I saw he did in TT & a couple other books as well!

He run out of baterangs or some such?..

Batman is a master of all forms of combat and hand to hand weaponry. He rarely uses a sword but has been known to use them from time to time.

Personally I like DC's tight continuity. It's what keeps me interested. It's only going to get worse this year too with Countdown and the myriad spin-offs. Someone at Dc has made it their goal in life to empty my wallet each and every Wednesday! Oh well, I'm loving it, especially Rebirth.

If you haven't checked out the 80's Blue Beetle series by Wein, do yourself a favor......go buy them! That was a great series and I'm always hoping that Blue Beetle will have another crack at his own title.

@bats@

To be honest, I really like him being a member of the "Superbuddies".  One of the funniest things I've ever read. :)

These cover

Oooo. Thank you very much! I'm going to go track these down now. :)

I read that trade. It's pretty good!. It's the justice league featuring Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, Batman, Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Captain Marvel, Dr. Fate and Dr. Light.

There's a scene where Guy Gardner picks a fight with Batman, and Batman takes the guy out in one punch.

... I think I remember seeing that :) I may have that copy... or maybe bats just does that more than once :D I Love it, being one of the few humans with no powers in it bats is such a badie :) I guess thats one of the reasons why I like the other ?.. two human guys as well

Sadly it would make sense. He made his DC universe debut in Crisis, him 'leaving' in Countdown seems bookendish.

I hope it's not true though, I loved his series.

Well duh :P But he never use to run around with one all the time :P What I'm wondering is wh is he now?:P

Because it looks cool, I guess. Remember that he has EVERYTHING in his utility belt. If he needs an item he will just pull it out. It's one fo the great mysteries of comics how he fits all that stuff in there.