Tru Exclusive Moray

robot_sonic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know....they could just invert the colors. Grey top, Maroon bottom. That way if you had a army of classic Morays it could be like the Command boat, and if you only have one classic moray it could be the same and you could army build this one.

What happens if they put the Tomahawk out for 50 bucks??

Unless it came with at least 5 figures, I'd #$## about it, too. The bottom line is that the price point is rather steep for just the boat. If it has 3 figures, well I still think it's priced $10 too high but that is at least closer in value to what's come before.

My fear is that this will come with an array of decent army builders. I have no need for 3 Morays, but might like that many crews if the figs are decent. Dropping $40 for 3 figures when you won't be able to resell the boat for $12 will be painful.

Maybe they will include all named Cobras instead. I'd actually prefer that.

I can't wait if it does really come out. I will get 2 of each. Does anyone know if its goin to be new mold figures? Either way I don't mind right alyosha!? I plan on doin some customs of the lampreys anyway.

Unless it came with at least 5 figures, I'd #$## about it, too. The bottom line is that the price point is rather steep for just the boat. If it has 3 figures, well I still think it's priced $10 too high but that is at least closer in value to what's come before.

My fear is that this will come with an array of decent army builders. I have no need for 3 Morays, but might like that many crews if the figs are decent. Dropping $40 for 3 figures when you won't be able to resell the boat for $12 will be painful.

Here's what I'm afraid of, that maybe Hasbro noticed how all those collectors were willing to pay $50 for this at the Con and think that they can get away with it now.

Look at the MCC, TRU had this for $75 when it first came out. And they wondered why it didn't sell well?... Hmm? Any ideas?

The color is the only thing that worries me. This "marble green" and white doesn't sound very good to me.

Agreed. It has me fearing it'll be something like a version of the BAT APC that was teal, yellow and black. Ugh....!!!

40 bucks is a damn fine price to me, for one of the all-time greatest pieces of GiJoe history... If it comes out in nice colors, I will be happy to buy THREE of them, maybe more.

we have all been begging for this, and now "the price is too steep?"

What happens if they put the Tomahawk out for 50 bucks?? I'll be buying as many as I can find.

I don't know. How much bigger is a Tomahawk compared to a Moray?

For that matter, how much bigger is the Moray when compared to a Conquest or Rattler (the only two vehicles I have on-hand to compare with)?

The Moray doesn't look that big in the picks at YoJoe. I suspect there will be at least 3 figures (if not more) with this Moray, if it were to come out. I mean, look at how the OCS and VAMP/Whirlwind were packaged? Those two sets were awesome deals. I don't seen how the Moray would do less than that. I mean, the figures came with gear too. Pathfinder got full gear! In the case of the Moray, they should throw in some Eels in full gear.

Add all that, and I say the Moray is worth the price.

I can't wait if it does really come out. I will get 2 of each. Does anyone know if its goin to be new mold figures? Either way I don't mind right alyosha!? I plan on doin some customs of the lampreys anyway.

Kenny makes a good point. If its a Cobra vehicle though and we can't have the orginal colors then I vote for Cobra blue. Please though not that god awfull Con exclusive orange.

As cool as the Moray was I think the Whale was alot cooler, wish they would re-release that.

The orange was good if you wanted it to go with some Devilfish boats, but as you said I'd rather have it in cobra blue.

Do they still have the mold to the whale? If they do, I'll be PO'ed that they haven't used it yet.

Yep they still have the Whale. In fact is was supposed to come out back in 2000 or 98 can't recall at the second but it had Shipwreck and Cutter I believe and it was going to be Artic. Never did as you can tell. :(

Draven

looking at the price i'm thinking u are paying $20 for the boat and $20 for maybe 5-6 figures which is what u would pay for 5-6 figures separate. I can see a lamprey and maybe some hydro-vipers in this set

No more like $30 for the boat imo. So I am guessing we have about 3 figs for the other $10.

Draven

well, think about the recent VvV vehicles that have been costing 20 bucks... the Moray has a lot more parts, rather than a few hunks of plastic stuck together. I do think it will come with at least 2 figures though, maybe 3.

I can't believe most of you are complaining about the price when you guys have been wasting money on pure crap GvC/VvV for 2 years straight! @lol@

@hmmm@

I prefere GvC/ST/VvV over RAH @smilepunch@

But yeah, if it looks nice and comes with a few figures i'll end up getting the moray myself, well if i have the cash handy and can make it to TRU, though i'd rather just army build some Wave 3 and Wave 2 single packs and some VvV wave 5 two packs. And get some comic packs hehehehe.

Yeah but the Moray has already been created. It doesn't consist of new molds or new pieces. That's why people are giving the $40 tag a second glance. The Thunderwing was $40 and the Patriot Grizzly $30... for newly molded items with electronics. It's not like the Moray is brand new, so I can understand questioning the high price. I do think it's worth it, but I can certainly see where the concern comes in.

The Moray isn't that big, maybe a little longer than the Thunderwing and about half as heavy. I don't know why it would be so expensive, but I'm gonna get one anyway. I hope we get to put it together ourselves! By the way, does anyone know if the Moray was at the same pricepoint as the Conquest back in the day? If they can sell it for $20, why not the Moray. It HAS to have something else to it, like the OCS set.

Hell I'd buy them off you for 12 bucks a pop.....I just want the boat, I don't care too much about the figures.

The Moray isn't that big, maybe a little longer than the Thunderwing and about half as heavy. I don't know why it would be so expensive, but I'm gonna get one anyway. I hope we get to put it together ourselves! By the way, does anyone know if the Moray was at the same pricepoint as the Conquest back in the day? If they can sell it for $20, why not the Moray. It HAS to have something else to it, like the OCS set.

well.. the Moray was about 15 bucks when it first came out, the Conquest was 10. But to put that in perspective, the Snowcat was 6.50 @lol@

Prices don't just reflect in the same ratios as they used to. You have to also consider that there is so much less shelf space available to toys now... the Moray will take up a lot of space on the shelves and be carried in much less numbers than something like the Conquest was. They aren't going to be able to sell as many of them regardless of the price.

I can see it being about 30-35 bucks too... but I just don't care, its worth 40 to me.

However, after seeing the crappy paint schemes on the new TRU sets coming out (Imperial and Arctic).. I am getting really worried about how cool they will make the Moray.

The Moray isn't that big, maybe a little longer than the Thunderwing and about half as heavy. I don't know why it would be so expensive, but I'm gonna get one anyway. I hope we get to put it together ourselves!  By the way, does anyone know if the Moray was at the same pricepoint as the Conquest back in the day? If they can sell it for $20, why not the Moray. It HAS to have something else to it, like the OCS set.

well.. the Moray was about 15 bucks when it first came out, the Conquest was 10. But to put that in perspective, the Snowcat was 6.50 @lol@

Prices don't just reflect in the same ratios as they used to. You have to also consider that there is so much less shelf space available to toys now... the Moray will take up a lot of space on the shelves and be carried in much less numbers than something like the Conquest was. They aren't going to be able to sell as many of them regardless of the price.

I can see it being about 30-35 bucks too... but I just don't care, its worth 40 to me.

However, after seeing the crappy paint schemes on the new TRU sets coming out (Imperial and Arctic).. I am getting really worried about how cool they will make the Moray.

Good points by both you guys. Ideally, this should've been $30 bucks for the Moray, with 3 figures, and some gear (no added electronics or gimmicks for the Moray, of course). If not, the Moray's got to have like 5-6 figures included to help sell it at the $40 price point.

Point being, I don't want the higher price to make this a shelf-warmer. While some of us are willing to pay $40 bucks for it regardless of what else it might come with, alot of others will not, especially the casual customers.

I just don't want the Moray to be another example of big RAH vehicles being unsellable. That kind of stigma will not bode well for future releases.

I threw together a quick-and-dirty photo edit to see what the Moray would look like in a greenish color. Check it out here. Of course, the marblized green would probably (hopefully? :rolleyes: ) be darker than my pic shows.

BTW, do you think this exclusive could serve as a Cobra Jungle-Ops, Night-Ops, or Arctic-Ops vehicle, in the marblized green and white color scheme?