Tru Exclusive Moray

robot_sonic

Yeah baby! Mark me down for one of those bad boys!! Even at $40, this will be a nice item to add to the forces. :)

@bats@

hells yeah, i agree. it will look nice on the floor of my bonus room with my gobs of other Joe stuff, and I cant wait, especially if it comes with AT LEAST 3 Lampreys, eels, etc like the BATs APC did.

Imagine if this Moray came with Cobra Moray figures!!! That would be wild. Maybe even a paradox.

By the way Jase that signature is priceless. Is that really what the comic book says??

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the official color of the Water Moccasin?

-Kevin

Yep there is nothing wrong with a green shade imo on a Cobra water vehicle. I actually think it sounds cool and can't wait to see the finished product if we get too. :)

Draven

I'll get one because I don't have any versions of it. I just want a nice subdued colored one. I like more realistic colors on my stuff.

What I wouldn't be opposed to is one done in original colors. That might be a possibility given that past (MCC) and recent stuff (Whirlwind) have had close the original paint job.

Whether it's Cobra or Joe, I don't care either way because the vehicle is too cool to pass up. If the decals aren't pre-applied, all the better. I'll just leave the faction stickers off. In fact, I usually leave all the stickers off.

For figures, I'd like to see 2-3 Lampreys, and maybe a few Eels for a diving team.

Original colors would not be a wise move. A lot of people like me would pass.

Draven

Which is why Hasbro doesn't do "reissued versions of figures"

All the stuff we get are technically repainted figures (even though they are vintage molds)

I never had the original, so in a way I'm dissappointed that it (if rumors are true) is not even similar in color.

But since I don't have the mold, I will obviously jump at the opportunity to get one (especially if fully crewed)!

I never had the original until I picked it up a garage sale for $2 a few years ago, but I had the TRU one back in 89.

I was always tempted to put my joe and cobra boats in the canal in my backyard but my fear of these toys never staying afloat for more than 5 seconds often made me keep my toys far away from the water!

Kenny makes a good point. If its a Cobra vehicle though and we can't have the orginal colors then I vote for Cobra blue. Please though not that god awfull Con exclusive orange.

As cool as the Moray was I think the Whale was alot cooler, wish they would re-release that.

I have both the original and the Night Force version (which was for the JOES) and don't miss not having the construction barrel Orange version from the con, but I'd love to see this come to fruition and be in a cool color scheme and for the COBRAS.

I'm waiting for the Chap Mei boat like this, to hit U.S. shores, to army build with, for some Joe sea baring rides. ^_^

f71e869e.jpg

328022.jpg

A Greenish marble top over Black or Gray for the Moray, would look kinda neat...I think.

pattern.gif

I don't think it would look EXACTLY like this though, as it wouldn't be quite so "marble" looking, but I've got some of the paint, that gives a marble-ized look to it, and it would be cool like that.

I have both the original and the Night Force version (which was for the JOES) and don't miss not having the construction barrel Orange version from the con, but I'd love to see this come to fruition and be in a cool color scheme and for the COBRAS.

I'm waiting for the Chap Mei boat like this, to hit U.S. shores, to army build with, for some Joe sea baring rides. ^_^

f71e869e.jpg

328022.jpg

A Greenish marble top over Black or Gray for the Moray, would look kinda neat...I think.

pattern.gif

I don't think it would look EXACTLY like this though, as it wouldn't be quite so "marble" looking, but I've got some of the paint, that gives a marble-ized look to it, and it would be cool like that.

DAMN ---VH------I WANT A BUNCH OF THOSE BOATS TOO!!!!!!!!

MAYBE JUST 2-----------BUT I CANNOT FIND IT OR THE "WARTHOG" PLANE---LIKE THE RATTLER!!!

DOC

I'm waiting for the Chap Mei boat like this, to hit U.S. shores, to army build with, for some Joe sea baring rides.  ^_^

f71e869e.jpg

328022.jpg

pattern.gif

DAMN ---VH------I WANT A BUNCH OF THOSE BOATS TOO!!!!!!!!

MAYBE JUST 2-----------BUT I CANNOT FIND IT OR THE "WARTHOG" PLANE---LIKE THE RATTLER!!!

No doubt! That "rattler" plane looks awesome as well.

328021.jpg

I'm fearful that these won't see American soil though, just like many of the Chap Mei goodies haven't. :(

Be nice if they DID, if just to make the Joe "hiatus" less painful! ^_^

Got to agree with VH. The marble green with a blk bottom or gray even sounds neat to me.

But the Con Moray gets a bad rap and its totally not deserved! Its the same orange color as the Devilfish and recently the Depth Charge. I think its great. :)

And I want the green Chap Mei A 10 so bad. lol But VH man have you seen any more of the P40's?

Draven

Draven

Maybe.

I think what I'd like to see the most is either the same basic sheme, but with many subtle differences (call it a hq boat or something) or something completely different, but "classic COBRA", like black or blue...

Heck, it's a warship (well boat really) - make it gray even.

Marbelized green sounds awful. I mean... why? Green like the WM would be okay though.

Im hoping its blue as well. But I agree with Draven taht the con moray does get a bad rap. I thought they did a great job with it, it looks great with a few devilfish.

Finally someone with smarts! @smilepunch@

Seriously I have mine with Devilfish too and it looks killer. :)

Draven

Draven

Maybe.

I think what I'd like to see the most is either the same basic sheme, but with many subtle differences (call it a hq boat or something) or something completely different, but "classic COBRA", like black or blue...

Heck, it's a warship (well boat really) - make it gray even.

Marbelized green sounds awful. I mean... why? Green like the WM would be okay though.

Don't get me wrong, blue would rock and probably be my first chose but the WM prooves green shades can be cool too.

Draven

I actually just got my first original Moray today (off an e-bay auction). I'm short two of the missiles that go in the front to make it 100% complete, anyone wanna hook me up? :-X

But I REALLY don't care what color it is, I will be spending at least $200 (before tax) because I can! :( Of course, if I don't have room, I'll be keeping them boxed until I can open 'em.

Speaking of the Moray, that leaves me lacking the Night Ray!

-Kevin

I think the marble green will most likely be green plastic with swirls in it. Just imagine the green looking like Barrel Roll's glider(the version that was released years ago,) but green. I mean silver usually leaves that swirl look, in which you have dark lines and light ones embedded in the plastic. Pretty neat.

the color is the only thing that worries me. This "marble green" and white doesn't sound very good to me.

But the color is the only thing I am hesitant about.

I can't believe most of you are complaining about the price when you guys have been wasting money on pure crap GvC/VvV for 2 years straight! @lol@

40 bucks is a damn fine price to me, for one of the all-time greatest pieces of GiJoe history... If it comes out in nice colors, I will be happy to buy THREE of them, maybe more.

we have all been begging for this, and now "the price is too steep?"

What happens if they put the Tomahawk out for 50 bucks?? I'll be buying as many as I can find.

Kenny makes a good point. If its a Cobra vehicle though and we can't have the orginal colors then I vote for Cobra blue. Please though not that god awfull Con exclusive orange.

As cool as the Moray was I think the Whale was alot cooler, wish they would re-release that.

The orange was good if you wanted it to go with some Devilfish boats, but as you said I'd rather have it in cobra blue.

Do they still have the mold to the whale? If they do, I'll be PO'ed that they haven't used it yet.