Tru Exclusive Moray

robot_sonic

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Wouldn't that be a nice item to get before the hiatus? A bit pricey for sure, but like somone over at Joecustoms posted, maybe it will come with a "full crew" to justify it? :)

BTW....looks like Joecustoms got a little bit of a makeover? Looks better that way!

I think I asked Aloyhsa a while back about this. He said he heard that there would be another TRU exclusive vehicle released this year and he said it was going to be the Moray. I was skeptical but it looks like it might be true. If it is it's something to look forward to vehicle wise this year. But for $40 I hope it comes with a full crew of Lamprey and EELs.

Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing Joecustoms? From the look of things their website is still down?

If TRU does this right I think this will be a major BOOM for them. If it's made for COBRA, has a decent paint job, all it's parts and comes with 3 or more figures I think this thing will sell better then any or there other Joe vehicle exclusives. This thing could become the 'Infantry Pack' of their vehicle line.

Another cool thing they could add would be a smaller vehicle as well, like a Night Landing Craft, Hydrosled or Trubble Bubble.

This would be major way for TRU to cash in on a market Hasblow has almost torpedoed out of either stupidity or mismanagement. Plus if TRU keeps selling exclusives and they sell bette then the new 8" line it'll show Hasblow that 'changing horses midway', so to speak, is a really bad idea.

Guest A-MAN

Hopefully it'll be cobra. Side switching gets old. The Moray has seen three runs, and two of those were for Joes.

If this makes it, it'll give fans a chance to own a classic vehicle.

I'd hope for 2 Lampreys and some previously unrecolored figure, like Decimator or even Sea Slug.

anyone want to speculate on how it should be colored?

imagine a cobra blue top with a black bottom... that would be so sweet. or solid black all around... or purple top and black bottom...

the $20 sets were coming with 3 figures, so at least three figures would be nice...

if this is true, i cant wait! the moray is one of my favorite vehicles of all time. here's hoping they dont botch the job!

I'm going to assume it would prob have 4 figs.

Lamprey seems like a given

Eel V2- Should have the mold from funskool

Hydro Viper - Same as with the eel

Copperhead *** I think the original mold is gone but they could Frankenjoe one up for us. (I'd do a backflip) @loll@

anyone want to speculate on how it should be colored?

I'm hoping it'll look something like this:

mk5.jpg

Though, this might look boring for a toy (well, not to me).

But any nice shade of darker blues and grey (light or dark) or black would be nice; or done in a combination (like your top/bottom suggestions).

But it's likely we'll get some color. I just hope it's not too bright.

FINALLY! My Joe teams will have their seaborne assault craft.

NICE! No pics though eh?

Let's hope it's in somewhat "normal" Cobra colours at least...

So maybe 3 3/4" isn't quite dead? Or at least RAH reissues... maybe some hope for the comic figs too then...

Guys, the info I had earlier this year indicated that the Moray would be some kind of an aqua green/blue swirl. I am kind of excited to see how that would look!