Well, It's Almost Over.....

flint069

I got wave 7. Crimson packs are on their way. Single pack set as well. Comic packs have been found and bought and opened.

All I have to look forward to is my Jungle Viper, Adventure packs (I'm sure I'll find them this week), Desert Coyote, Venom chamber and the con stuff.

HOPEFULLY we'll get the Winter and Imperial packs as well as the Sting Raider v2.

I'll spend the summer FINALLY getting that complete STUN and Battle Platform I've been aching to get for years. Also complete my card sets and snag all the second prints of the DD books.

Other than that I'll have no toys to collect other than ML. = (

How do you guys plan on weathering the hiatus?

Definitely catching up on TRU six packs, but mainly finishing off my vintage collection with the figs in my sig. I'm not completely devestated by the hiatus, after all, we'll see more of 3 3'4 inch joes. Hopefully this will give me time (and money) to finish off my vintage collection.

-saboteur

Other than tracking down a few vintage pieces, I plan to ride off into the sunset as far as my basic toy collecting goes. It's been a hell of a run...I've had two childhoods basically: 1974-1990 and 1997-2005. I am bursting at the seams space-wise and am just finishing up a few Transformers and McFarlane Baseball figures pieces, in addition to what remains of G.I. Joe. I'll continue getting the Mastercollector/convention exclusives, but my basic retail shopping will come to an end. The time has indeed come for me to get on my horse and salute G.I. Joe for the years of enjoyment it has provided.

it's about time i get to cracking on some of the cartoons on dvds. I will try to get the marvel show downs if i like em, maybe a terminator and predator and alein.

I think I'll try to get some of the Star Wars figures I had to pass up, cause I was in a pick and choose situation, could only really get what I could afford... hopefully the ones I passed aren't an arm and a leg already... I think the break will also help me a little, maybe I can finally get some casting materials with the saved money or buy some other customizing materials I had to pass on... so Aly... where do you get that tamiyia spray on paint for plastics???

In a way, at least I wont feel the need to have the newest figure sculpts for my custom fodder... and I can use up all those wild bills & Dukes I have, lol...

How do you guys plan on weathering the hiatus?

4-dontknow.gifI dunno!

I'll probably check the local Big lots for any of their new Chap Mei sets and keep accessorizing all the Joe stuff I have, with'em. I'm sure I'll get inspired to do some of the customs I've thought about, and getting the collection together and organized a little better for displaying.

Nevertheless...ALL things I could have done with the Joes still around to collect and talk about.

I'm not really into other toylines, and doubt I'd take one up just for the sake of having a toy collection to chat about. If the Joe discussions fizzle out, and the forums start to lose my interest, I'll likely just keep busy with that thing called a REAL life. ^_^

Coming around here, to see an all new cast and crew, chattin' it up about Sigma Six Sh@#, won't likely keep me hanging on like a lost puppy dog. You can only type "THEY SUCK" in so many different and entertaining ways, and then it's time to retire. ;)

I, too just found wave 7. Its such a great wave that it makes me extremely sad to think of how much better this line could've gotten. Still looking for the new 3 packs and the Crimson sets. I also need an Ice Sabre and Quickstrike. Beyond that, it'll just be Marvel Legends and Mini-mates for me. Maybe an odd SW fig here and there. I picked up the new Ep 3 Vader last night. Its pretty cool.

Heath, have you seen the new comic packs anywhere else in O-town yet? I'm going on a big toy run tonight and tomorrow, so maybe I'll find something interesting.

I think I'll try to get some of the Star Wars figures I had to pass up, cause I was in a pick and choose situation, could only really get what I could afford... hopefully the ones I passed aren't an arm and a leg already... I think the break will also help me a little, maybe I can finally get some casting materials with the saved money or buy some other customizing materials I had to pass on... so Aly... where do you get that tamiyia spray on paint for plastics???

In a way, at least I wont feel the need to have the newest figure sculpts for my custom fodder... and I can use up all those wild bills & Dukes I have, lol...

You should not have a problem with SW Joe. I have been doing that the last few weeks as SW is now my main focus again. I have been buying many carded and loose figs around $2-4. Just finished off my carded set from 95 till 2005 POTC :)

Draven

I think I'll try and recoup some money and also try to finish the original Marvel Joe series. I had nearly all of the later issues but they got stolen from me a few years ago. I won't pay top dollar them, but I have been lucky coming across a few of them. So I'll be on a new hunt.

But rest easy my friends...for we have not seen the last of this line. (Gotta have faith anyways)

Aw, Scotty97; I LOVE that painting in your sig dude. I first saw that in my Freshman Art class in college. I've always loved that painting...

Anyway, to get back to topic...there's plenty of things I can fall back on during the hiatus; there's still plenty of army building I need to do, and there are still some GvsC/Spy Troops two packs I need. I also collect Star Wars and Transformers, so I won't be in need of anything to collect this spring/summer. Like I've said before, I don't want the 3-3/4" Joes to end, but it will allow me to play catch-up with alot of stuff.

Hmmm. I'll continue to round out my collection of Joe stuff. I just started army building, so that should keep me "busy". That, and I never really collected the vehicles before, so there are some vehicles I will have to track down.

Probably also look into other avenues to pad my 3 3/4 collection.

I, too just found wave 7. Its such a great wave that it makes me extremely sad to think of how much better this line could've gotten. Still looking for the new 3 packs and the Crimson sets. I also need an Ice Sabre and Quickstrike. Beyond that, it'll just be Marvel Legends and Mini-mates for me. Maybe an odd SW fig here and there. I picked up the new Ep 3 Vader last night. Its pretty cool.

Heath, have you seen the new comic packs anywhere else in O-town yet? I'm going on a big toy run tonight and tomorrow, so maybe I'll find something interesting.

I have seen jack for comic packs in Orlando Steve. I got lucky and found em in Winter Haven of all places.

It is kinda sad in a way to me now. Even though I believe they will be back. I now have all of wave 7, wave 3 singles, last 3 comic packs and 3 adventure packs. The only confirmed thing left I want in the near future is the DC with Recondo. We know the DD pack is coming but that could be the fall before it hits in some fashion. :(

Draven