Sky Captain

holytoledo69

Believe or not, I just saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and was wondering how come no one has ever picked up the license to do figures and vehicles from the movie?

Sky Captain, Angelina Jolie and Bai Ling would of made great 12 inch action figures, not to mention the robots and vehicles themselves. I love the retro/futuristic feel to the movie.

I think Dragon or possibly BBI would of/ Should of taken the license to make Toys from this movie. They both make great vehicles and very life-like 1/6 scale figures....

I remember reading somewhere on the forum that they are making the P-40 from the movie, why not expand on that? Oh well!!

• 3 weeks later...

IMO its because it wasnt anticipated to be a blockbuster and usually figs are only made for the typical movies like Disney stuff or LOTR, stuff like that. But they would have made some awesome figs and ships/vehicles.

I just saw it too......It was ok. It suffered from some bad editing, and it was dark as hell..I couldn't tell what was going on half the time cause I couldn't see anything other then Jude Law's face on the screen.

But I enjoyed it visually....and I was wondering why no toys where produced either.

• 1 month later...

I didn't know this was a blockbuster... For some reason I was under the impression it did quite poorly. Okay movie, I thought - not great. I'm not surprised there weren't any toys, to be quite honest - I don't think many people would buy them.

Actually there is a psuedo toyline for the movie. I saw a Sky Captain Spitfire with fig at Wally World last year. It was about the same scale as the BBI 1:18 scale figs and vehicles. I haven't seen any other figs or vehicles from the movie though...

It wasn't a blockbuster, it did do fairly poorly.

As for toys, well, I never expected a mass market line, but a series of three figures by like SOTA or NECA would've been cool, and probably done decently. Cool toys are cool toys.

• 5 months later...
Guest James31278

Actually there are toys, his P-40 Warhawk in two sizes. I have the larger one, I didnt see the movie yet I want to though.