First Look At Fan-club Figure

lordcryotek

He looks kinda neat, but 40 bones is alot just for that........

Id have to agree. Id really, really love to have that, but $40 is a bit beyond my means.

Also it's not "40 bones JUST for that"... It's $40 for the fan club membership which includes a basic figure(~$7), shipping it(at least $3) plus 6 TF magazines, 12 MC magazines, shipping the magazines, discounts for the convention(check the registration for the Joe convention to see how much that saves you!), and the chance to purchase other possible fan-club exclusives.

The $40 needs to pay for all that, give the fan club SOME bit of profit, and it has to pay for what Hasbro charges for the license.

Hmmm... Excellent points. Sadly, if you dont really have the $40 to blow you still don't have the $40.

Some yutzs on a feedback forum that will remain nameless are whining about it being a REPAINT. Um, like, who was realistically expecting an all new toy for such a limited release? Save for the hubcaps on the Dreadnok STUN, I dont recall ANYTHING MC produced that wasnt a repaint. And most TF con exclusives were total repaints, save for a few small remolded parts.

Well...As long as I'm able to buy there "convention" exclusives online from THEM! I'll be happy with the club fee! Hey, being a member has to have some perks eh?..

Allso, do they let you buy other exclusives of theres as well?.. I know these guys do joes as well but duno of anything else... IMO that would be one nice perk being able to buy other toy exclusives as well!

I pretty much signed up just for this figure and the ability to get stuff online from them since the stores in this area don't like to stock anything and ebay prices can be excessive. Finally got the first MC thing yesterday and really wasn't impressed at all with the trading post type thing that it basically was.

Also it's not "40 bones JUST for that"... It's $40 for the fan club membership which includes a basic figure(~$7), shipping it(at least $3) plus 6 TF magazines, 12 MC magazines, shipping the magazines, discounts for the convention(check the registration for the Joe convention to see how much that saves you!), and the chance to purchase other possible fan-club exclusives.

The $40 needs to pay for all that, give the fan club SOME bit of profit, and it has to pay for what Hasbro charges for the license.

I understand that Spearhead, but what if the other things suck? I mean how much insider info can they cram in the mag that can't be found for free online? All I'm saying is if someone is not interested in the other things, then yeah its basically 40 bones for the toy. I really do see some of your points and hopefully there will be the option of buying more exclusives through them, or something else to make the membership fee less of an issue.

I understand that Spearhead, but what if the other things suck? I mean how much insider info can they cram in the mag that can't be found for free online? All I'm saying is if someone is not interested in the other things, then yeah its basically 40 bones for the toy. I really do see some of your points and hopefully there will be the option of buying more exclusives through them, or something else to make the membership fee less of an issue.

Yea I'm hoping we will be able to buy things like the convention exclusives from them online or something... & not just the tf stuff either... Being able to buy some joe stuff from them too would be nice!

& vise versa for the joe guys, being able to buy tf stuff of corse :)

Yeah, access to ALL MCCs overpriced swag would be nice.

But being the price-gougers that they are, I wouldnt be suprised if you had to pay an EXTRA $40 just for the PRIVILIGE of being able to purchase their Joe stuff.

Nice racket they got going eh?