Operation Rapier: Epilogue

Violentfix

Well, here it is, the Epilogue to Operation Rapier. I've been very excited about getting this out to everyone. I hope you all enjoy. I have a real sense of fulfillment with the closing of Rapier, it's hard to believe that this was a story that I had written years ago that is now a Dio-story, I really owe a lot of gratitude for guys like Justin at General's Joes for inspiring me to transform Rapier from a novel to a Dio, and I'm real looking forward to things to come.

Operation Rapier: Epilogue

epiloguebanner3.jpg

I'd like to hear what you think or thought in general about the entire project. All feedback is appreciated.

What in Gods name was that?

That was supposed to be an epilogue and it turned out to be one of the best Dio-story chapters I have ever seen. I'm in awe, you have totally raised the bar of GI Joe fan fiction with this chapter, things will never be the same after this.

Sets? Dude, two brand new sets in one Chapter and both are huge and highly detailed. you are nuts. In a very good way mind you.

Characters? Pit Fall is amazing. Aleph is intense and the Commander is so smooth "Hurts doesn't it?" (YES). You should be writing the script for the Joe movie, maybe then it would get made.

I can't say enough, I'm going to go read it all over again.

I read it like 5 times already! Wow this is absolutely amazing.

I expected a simple epilogue but this is like a brand new chapter!

I am in love with your Cobra Throne set. Wow the lighting the insignias, the chair, THE WORKS! I think VF spelled his name wrong. It was suppose to be ALPHA.

I think VF spelled his name wrong. It was suppose to be ALPHA.

If I'm not mistaken his name was Alpha in the DIC cartoon, but it was Aleph in the GI Joe comic. I think I'm right but I'll have to check. VF also spelled it that way on his customs page and that's when I originally looked into it...

here Night Creeper Leader

You know, I was wondering when he showed off that Night Creeper Leader if it was going to be part of the next dio. We also saw the Zandar custom.

Impressive. I agree with every one else. The epilogue is put together better than some of the comics book devils due put out. Nice plot and sets. Could you show how you did both the gijoe base and the cobra commander room...please.

Impressive. I agree with every one else. The epilogue is put together better than some of the comics book devils due put out. Nice plot and sets. Could you show how you did both the gijoe base and the cobra commander room...please.

Operation Rapier Behind the scenes is right around the corner, if I can find the time to add these two sets to it I will but the next few weeks will be spent thinking about sets for the next Dio. Even if I can't get it in time for Behind the scenes I'll try to include it as an update at least.

I read it like 5 times already! Wow this is absolutely amazing.

I expected a simple epilogue but this is like a brand new chapter!

I am in love with your Cobra Throne set. Wow the lighting the insignias, the chair, THE WORKS! I think VF spelled his name wrong. It was suppose to be ALPHA.

Thanks Royal, I was really excited about the Epilogue. Even two chapters back I was kicking myself about having to wait for it. The story building is what I really love in Dios, all the shooting and explosions are just decoration.

In this case Wraith is right about where I got the name, but just to point out one of my own flaws, in my first Dio "An Eye for An Eye" I mispelled his name as the DIC version. I'm still trying to make up for that mistake.

Excellent, and good 2 see Aleph back. Can't wait for more, definatly more entertainign than the ddp comic for the past 2 issues.

I BOW to the Main Man...Violentfix!!!

Once again a great chapter. I rush over to "eye for an eye" just to catch up!

Im going to send an Email to DDP and ask them to check out your site VF,as a writer submission. I hope you dont mind.

See Ya at JOECON, dont forget about splitting the room.

I BOW to the Main Man...Violentfix!!!

Once again a great chapter. I rush over to "eye for an eye" just to catch up!

Im going to send an Email to DDP and ask them to check out your site VF,as a writer submission. I hope you dont mind.

See Ya at JOECON, dont forget about splitting the room.

Man, my wife is driving me nuts. She still hasn't made up her mind. I already have my single plane ticket and she is still stalling. She said she'd let me know by the end of this week. So let's hope she does.

As for the Dio, sure! It may never go anywhere but the extra support is very appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much.

When Op. Rapier first started, i would wait and wait in suspense until you put out another chapter. I thought it was all over! This is awesome!!!

Dude, one of the best chapters yet imo. Flippin' sweet. Keep it up!

Also, i like how you made the commanders' hood a material instead of shiny plastic. It looks amazing, and i really cant wait till the next chapter. Any dates on when thats comin out?

-saboteur

Hey Violent fix,

I like the quote: "They would probably think I was dead, if it wasn't for the occasional gifts I leave them at their front door." That was both funny and cool at the same time.

When Op. Rapier first started, i would wait and wait in suspense until you put out another chapter. I thought it was all over! This is awesome!!!

Dude, one of the best chapters yet imo. Flippin' sweet. Keep it up!

Also, i like how you made the commanders' hood a material instead of shiny plastic. It looks amazing, and i really cant wait till the next chapter. Any dates on when thats comin out?

-saboteur

Thanks, the work on his hood was necessary as the close lighting forced me to have to correct a lot of glare but I'm really glad you felt the end product looked good.

Yeah I was holding a couple of Aces for the last installment. I didn't want to put out some twenty shot bridge to gap the two stories, I figured why not make it something really special. Also, the whole second half with Cobra was not in the original (book/novel) format that I wrote Rapier in, so at this time this is all brand new material and not recycled stuff.

I really hope you do get connected with DDP and perhaps get some work thru them!

Yeah, I think we both talked about this once. I can imagine that industry is very much like the music business. Unless they think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, you get the short end of every stick.

Hey Violent fix,

I like the quote: "They would probably think I was dead, if it wasn't for the occasional gifts I leave them at their front door." That was both funny and cool at the same time.

Thanks,

Chapter 2 was one of my favorites. It was hands down the Chapter that got Operation Rapier noticed by the GI Joe internet fandom. It also had the shot that won "best single shot in a Dio story" at the JCA's. I loved that chapter. I think I might one day post the actually text that I originally wrote for it. I'm not one to usually toot my own horn but I'd say it was some of my best writing.

I'm happy to here everyone's enjoying it so much. It's great to see people happy about something Joe related for a change. The last two weeks have been so dreary. Thanks again guys.

Again, thank you for the entertainment. I have to say, I don't normally get into dios, but I have to say, it had a professional quality to it. Not to knock other persons dios, but I just found it quite gripping. Especially the nice little touches like the black and white flashbacks.

Props again.

Just amazing! Don't know what else to say, except your work is AMAZING!