A Message From Smalljoe.com

SKYWARP

I got this in my email and I thought I would share in case anyone hadn't read it yet.

GI JOE: BAD NEWS

================

Okay, let's get the bad news out of the way first. For those of you who

haven't heard - Hasbro is cancelling both the 3 3/4" and 12" GI JOE lines

as of this spring. Our understanding is that the last 3 3/4" product of

significance that will be released is wave 7 of the Valor vs. Venom 2-packs

and the fourth assortment of comic book 3-packs.

As far as we know, Hasbro has yet to officially announce this move but

our Hasbro sales rep has confirmed it and it has also been reported by

the official GI JOE Collector's Club (http://www.mastercollector.com).

Hasbro's grand scheme is to move GI JOE to a very kid-oriented, cartoon-

ish 8" action figure line called Sigma Six which will coincide with a new

Saturday morning cartoon series. FYI, SMALLJOES.COM will not be selling

or otherwise supporting merchandise related to this exercise.

Now, to be specific and fair, we have heard terms such as "furlough" and

"hiatus" used to describe the removal of 3 3/4" and 12" product from

retail shelves. Rest assured, however, that Hasbro will have little to

no interest in bringing either line back if their 8" product is a retail

success. Keep that in mind when considering your purchase of Sigma Six

product.

Wizards of the Coast (a division of Hasbro) is ending development of the

GI JOE Trading Card Game and the Valor vs. Venom expansion set that was

scheduled to be released in April has been cancelled.

Devil's Due is cancelling the GI JOE comic book series as of issue #43.

The Reloaded series is also being cancelled as of issue #14. The main

series will relaunch, with numbering restarted at #0. This is mainly an

attempt to gain the attention of comic book retailers whom were stated

to have not been supporting the series as well as Devil's Due would like.

Coinciding with this "restart" of the book, other changes will be taking

place within the storyline and some tinkering with the continuity is

likely. You can read about it here:

http://www.yojoe.com/faq/blaylockinterview...ebriefing.shtml

We still have a wide back-stock selection of GI JOE figures and comics

here at SMALLJOES. However, as a result of these unfortunate events

we expect that back-stock to begin moving rapidly as secondary market

speculators and collectors move in to purchase the last of the 3 3/4"

product that is available at regular retail prices. If you've been

putting off the purchase of some items you were interested in, you

should probably get them now before they are gone.

If you are upset about this development with GI JOE, consider sending

Hasbro a letter expressing your displeasure (politely of course). The

address is:

Hasbro, Inc.

Consumer Affairs

P.O. Box 200

Dept. C-847

Pawtucket, RI, 02862-0200

You can also complete and sign an online petition here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/knight5/petition.html

I guess the good news is...umm...maybe umm...not sure. Maybe that Sigma Six won't be supported by this site.

None of us should support this and those that do will be pissing on their own signiture in this petition.

I just heard this news today and I'm so angry. I've bought the best and worst of their product for the last three years and this is how they repay us?

And I think its a great idea that Corey is not supporting the Sigma crap!!!!

Way to go C!

:)

Draven

Same here! I don't even want this site to support it either, or at least this FORUM in particular!

These are NOT G.I.Joes!

Hasbro wants to capitalize on the cool characters of ARAH, but p!ss on the fans and collectors of them, by changing directions like this to go after the "kids" market, by making them look like some OTHER toyline! <_<

Hasbro's new Sigma Six figures will be to Marvel what Corps has been to Hasbro...a FREAKING KNOCKOFF! Hasbro's making our joes a marvel type "knockoff"! How pathetic is THAT?

This is FAR worse than the hoopla that existed at first between RAH fans and the new JvC style Joe fans, or those that WANTED to give them a chance, and wanted us all to be a big happy G.I.Joe lovin' family..come one, come all of every Joe type! leb.gif

Phooie! I loved the RAH Joes and I started to like what I was seeing out of the new Joes, especially this last wave or 2, but this Sigma sh@# is NOTHING even close to what I'd ever want or like to collect as a G.I.Joe, and since it's being brought on at the expense of EVERYTHING EVER known as G.I.Joe, I say we fans and collectors need to pan it at any and ALL costs.

The kids don't know any better, and yeah sure, they may just like this crap, but they may ignore it as much as they have the other Joe stuff also. At least when they were ignoring it before, Hasbro had the collecting community backing it up, and to say it "wasn't enough" is an insult to us, since there's a TON of lines out there that acknowledge and even admittingly CATER to the adult collectors.

G.I.Joe didn't grow stale and tiresome...Hasbro's immagination just petered out, and this Sigma Six sh@# is hardly anything new and groundbreaking. It's a ripoff of something else.

so they wont be supporting sigma six?

and how were they supporting gi joe before,

by charging $18.99 for the gung ho/blue viper pack because they knew the collectors would be all over it?

even the ebay prices weren't that bad.

business or not, lame move.

Maybe $18.99 dicourages, errr...."hoarding" and gives everybody the opportunity to at least get one or two?

Army building through Smalljoes wouldn't likely be our best or cheapest route. Getting something to at least complete the collection (as in ONE of) through them, would be though.

If somebody put $18.99 on these as a BIN price on eBay, they'd never get the bidding started, as the first to come along would BIN it everytime.

Well its our job to cover all toy news here so any real news on Sigma6 you can expect us to cover it, but make no mistake, I am as unhappy with these recent events as you all. If Hasbro continues down this path I perdict Joe will be done by this time next year. I don't have alot of faith this new line is gonna do well with collectors or kids, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

FYI, SMALLJOES.COM will not be selling

or otherwise supporting merchandise related to this exercise.

GOOD!!! Hasbro really crapped on the small retailers like Smalljoes.com, and doesn't deserve their support for the new line. Let Wal-Mart carry that crappy line all by themselves since it was their bright idea, so that Hasbro has no one but Wal-Mart and themselves to blame when the line tanks.

In their place, I will gladly order other stuff like Microman from Smalljoes.com to help support them once Sigma 6 hits.

Well its our job to cover all toy news here so any real news on Sigma6 you can expect us to cover it, but make no mistake, I am as unhappy with these recent events as you all. If Hasbro continues down this path I perdict Joe will be done by this time next year. I don't have alot of faith this new line is gonna do well with collectors or kids, I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Totally agree with ya, I am unhappy with the new line and eagerly anticipate the return of 3/3/4, if not I also agree that GIJOE will be done by this time next year (if not sooner).

This really has just turned into the end all greatest screw up Hasbro has made to date. Even if the new Anime series is a success I seriously doubt the new figures will be a success, and if they tank that risks the 3 3/4"

going back into extinction again.

Maybe after the year of the final "Star Wars" movie has ended Hasbro will reconsider bringing the small Joes back but who knows?!

And of course next year the Transformers movie will be coming out and they'll want to focus on that. If we want G.I. Joe, our G.I. Joe to be a success again, we really need a movie.

Hm a restart on the new comic eh?.. I wonder how long till ddp falls :S I havn't been that happy with the comic lately & it looks like I'm not the only one :S Now this restart... I'm not even gona bother picking up the rest of the books