Quickstrikes And Icesabers!!!

Darque-Angel

i didn't want to have to lock this thread, so i just edited those posts. if jayc or any of the other mods feel it's better to lock it, please do so.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me thinks this topic should have been locked a few pages ago.  It's totally out of hand!

Army building kicks ass though, there's very little argument to be had over that!

Army Building is the American Dream! #US1#

no need to lock it. for the most part opposing opinions have been voiced with respect.

this is a weird topic because thecamyth was correct in his original statement that when someone buys 5 it lessens his chanc eto get one. this is simple arithmetic. there are 10 of an item. you buy 5. that leaves only 5 left for everyone else to buy, thus the chance of getting one are lessened. as opposed to there are 10, you buy 1, and there are now 9 left to get, and ones chances of getting 1 is greater. you can't dispute that, so by Hammer getting 5 he did make it more difficult for thecamyth to get one. for anyone to dispute thecamyth's statement is ridiculous.

BUT!

Hammer has absolutely nothing to apologize for. he has every right to buy 5 of them. it's his money. sure, buying 5 may make it harder for some to get one, and can be defined as hoarding, but it isn't Hammer's job to make sure everyone gets one. if he wants to be so kind he can but he is under absolutely no obligation to consider other collectors when building his collection the way he sees fit.

but here is where the hypocrisy of the board arises. just as Hammer is under absolutely no obligation to consider other collectors when building his collection the way he sees fit, the scalper is under no obligation to cosider collectors when attempting to make a buck. if buying 5 or 10 in one fell swoop is fine, it is fine whether a collector or a scalper does it, because the act has the same affect on the market. if it is bad to clear the shelves, it s bad whether a collector or a scalper does it. what one does with them afterwards is irrelevent. buying multiple amounts lessens the chances of someone else getting one ( see basic math example above). the action has the same affect, and the result-- not being able to find what we are looking for--is what angers collectors. in fact, one could take teh position that when a scalper buys them at least collectors will have a chance to get them, so it is better for scalpers to buy them first. but when a collector buys them, he hoards them in his collection and other collectors have absolutely no chance of getting them.

sure, you may be happier that at least a collector got them and will enjoy them, but the basic act, buying all that is found, is the same. so if you defend Hammer's right to buy all he wants, as I do, you can't then criticize the scalper. you can rationalize your feelings towards the act anyway you like, but you can't take both sides, by saying buying 5 is okay if Hammer does it but it is also bad if someone else does. that's hypocritical.

The sad part with all this, is with ALL the hoarding, scalping, collecting, army building or just plain BUYING of all these G.I.Joe toys, they're still going on a hiatus for lack of sufficient sales? confused.gif

The sad part with all this, is with ALL the hoarding, scalping, collecting, army building or just plain BUYING of all these G.I.Joe toys, they're still going on a hiatus for lack of sufficient sales? confused.gif

Yea thats my thought as well,I will join you in the head scratch.

@band@

Just got an email that my Ice Sabre has shipped from Amazon!

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BRAG ABOUT IT?? @grumpy@

There's other people on here, that haven't received the same notice yet, and you're just rubbing it in their face!

evilgrin.gifhee hee hee hee!

I'm such a rotten ass!

@moon@

I think that's just an excuse they use to convince themselves that they're doing the right thing. It's BS and not even remotely true.

evilgrin.gif  hee hee hee hee!

I'm such a rotten ass!

@moon@

...and yours is SUNBURNT! hehe.gif

ViperHunter Love the bye bye buddy that is sweet,thecometh and now he goeth,sounds good to me.

^_^ I had a bad feeling something was going to hit the fan, with what he was posting, so bye bye was the first thing I thought of. Then all I thought of was....

thecamyth......and he wentythaway!

ViperHunter I hear you bro,got anemail saying what he said in the post about your mother and the skirt,he got a little upset what the hell,I think that is an example of taking it to far,and it is good that somebody only has the Bal-s to say it in a post.

Its just Nutty that what it is,NUTTY.....................damn

ViperHunter I hear you bro,got anemail saying what he said in the post about your mother and the skirt,he got a little upset what the hell,I think that is an example of taking it to far,and it is good that somebody only has the Bal-s to say it in a post.

Yeah I saw that and promptley reported him. Not cool to dis VH like that. @grumpy@

Draven

Yeah I saw that and promptley reported him. Not cool to dis VH like that. @grumpy@

Draven

I just don't understand why it had to turn out like that. Shame. :(

@bats@

Draven

I just don't understand why it had to turn out like that. Shame. :(

@bats@

Cause he is a jack ass and not respectable like most of us who can be nice without agreeing on everything!

He has done it before in the past so it does not surprise me.

Draven

as far as hoarding the Ice Sabres.  that's Hammer's choice.  his perogative.  his money.  but he volunteered the info about buying five and thecamyth has every right and is right to call him on why the need to buy five.  and I agree.  what was the real reason for buying five.

Wow. Talk about a can of worms! I haven't looked at this tread since I posted here last. I posted what I bought expecting to see a lot of similar posts after mine, just like when the Cobra Infantry Pack came out (multiple times) and everybody eventually got all they wanted, at least, if they visited the boards daily, like me. Some members here posted they gotten 10 of that 6 pack. I certainly didn't think they'd run out this fast, and I hope the come back like the Infantry 6 pack did. I certainly will take this as a lesson learned on posting quantities. I did not post that to brag. I did in because I was excited to finally get these.

But am I sorry I got 5? No, and I'll tell you why.

First, I LOVE Joe snow vehicles and figures. I LOVE the Snow Cat. I got 3 of the TRU SoundAttack version and I got 4 of the original, one at a time, off Ebay (I even got the Transformers Snowcat!). I LOVE the Snow Wolf. I got 4 of those over the last 3 years, one at a time off Ebay. I LOVE the Avalanche. I only have one of those, and it's all beat up, so I have an Ebay favorite set to email me when new ones get listed so I can get a clean one. I once bought a lot of 24 Iceberg figures so I could have a snow version of a "Greeshirt" army. I got as many Snow Serpents and Snow Wolves as I could afford. And I REALLY love the Ice Saber. It's the best Joe Snow vehicle yet, and the I love the Iceberg who comes with it Here's a photo of the 2-pack version I took of him here:

iceberg_small.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm from Minnesota, and the ONLY Joe vehicle I had growing up was a Snowcat, and now I live in San Diego, and I miss my childhood fun in the snow! If you're going to psychoanlayze me, that's a good place to start.

Second, I'm an serious Dio Author, and an Ok photographer. I'm planning a pretty big arctic Dio shoot soon. I've been collecting LOTS of HUGE chunks of styrofoam to simulate glaciers, and I even bought a ton of that fake snow in a tube that expands 20x when you put water on it. I'm probably going to take my arctic collection up to Big Bear, a ski resort near here to get the "establishing" and landscape shots, with all my vehicles and figures in the snow, and take the close-up shots at home with my styrofoam arctic set.

I'm a little driven to make cool dios. It's why it takes me so long. Almost a year ago I took this shot:

mcc_duel_joe.jpg

I lugged 2 MCC's (one painted black for Cobra) 3 HISS tanks, a Grizzly, 2 AWE Strikers and a bunch of figures up to a hilltop park and took photos of an epic "MCC Duel" I plan to have around Chapter 15 of Disciple. I had a gaggle of 5 year old girls watching me do this. Took me about 6 hours to collect, transport, shoot, rearrange, shoot some more, and pack it all up and drive home. All for the location. :) So that was a year ago, and to be honest, at my pace, it'll probably be another year before the chapter comes out.

I took this shot deep in the forrest in Australia/ I thought it would be cool to have a series of Sanke Eyes / Scarlett vacation photos. :)

So yes, I am obsessive about Joes, but my obsession is about my Dio stories than about collecting a bunch of stuff that sits on a shelf. I WILL use all 5 Ice Sabers. Along with my 4 Snow Wolves, and probably a Snow Cat or two (And the Avalanche if I can clean it up), along with all my snow troops, all to make the best possible dio I can for my fellow Joe fans to enjoy.

thecamyth, I'm really sorry you missed out on Amazon's sale of these. I think it's disgusting these are hard to get and have even sold on Ebay for $80-$100. I really hope you get one, or AS MANY as you want. I see another thread on them showing up at Targets. Good luck! If you're going to be angry about it, that's your choice, but for me, I'm angry at Hasbro for screwing up the distribution of these last year, and canceling our line! (sorry, I mean "hiatus"!)

Awesome dio pics!! I love snow vehicles, like you, and I really wanted the Ice Sabre. Now that I have one, I've thought about trying to find a second one...But there's not much use for them here in Arizona. :)

@bats@

So yes, I am obsessive about Joes, but my obsession is about my Dio stories than about collecting a bunch of stuff that sits on a shelf. I WILL use all 5 Ice Sabers. Along with my 4 Snow Wolves, and probably a Snow Cat or two (And the Avalanche if I can clean it up), along with all my snow troops, all to make the best possible dio I can for my fellow Joe fans to enjoy.

just keep taking those sweet MF'ing pictures and you can buy all you want. heck, I'll send you mine! those are the most cinematic dio pics I've ever seen.

as far as hoarding the Ice Sabres.  that's Hammer's choice.  his perogative.  his money.  but he volunteered the info about buying five and thecamyth has every right and is right to call him on why the need to buy five.  and I agree.  what was the real reason for buying five.

Wow. Talk about a can of worms! I haven't looked at this tread since I posted here last. I posted what I bought expecting to see a lot of similar posts after mine, just like when the Cobra Infantry Pack came out (multiple times) and everybody eventually got all they wanted, at least, if they visited the boards daily, like me. Some members here posted they gotten 10 of that 6 pack. I certainly didn't think they'd run out this fast, and I hope the come back like the Infantry 6 pack did. I certainly will take this as a lesson learned on posting quantities. I did not post that to brag. I did in because I was excited to finally get these.

But am I sorry I got 5? No, and I'll tell you why.

First, I LOVE Joe snow vehicles and figures. I LOVE the Snow Cat. I got 3 of the TRU SoundAttack version and I got 4 of the original, one at a time, off Ebay (I even got the Transformers Snowcat!). I LOVE the Snow Wolf. I got 4 of those over the last 3 years, one at a time off Ebay. I LOVE the Avalanche. I only have one of those, and it's all beat up, so I have an Ebay favorite set to email me when new ones get listed so I can get a clean one. I once bought a lot of 24 Iceberg figures so I could have a snow version of a "Greeshirt" army. I got as many Snow Serpents and Snow Wolves as I could afford. And I REALLY love the Ice Saber. It's the best Joe Snow vehicle yet, and the I love the Iceberg who comes with it Here's a photo of the 2-pack version I took of him here:

iceberg_small.jpg

Maybe it's because I'm from Minnesota, and the ONLY Joe vehicle I had growing up was a Snowcat, and now I live in San Diego, and I miss my childhood fun in the snow! If you're going to psychoanlayze me, that's a good place to start.

Second, I'm an serious Dio Author, and an Ok photographer. I'm planning a pretty big arctic Dio shoot soon. I've been collecting LOTS of HUGE chunks of styrofoam to simulate glaciers, and I even bought a ton of that fake snow in a tube that expands 20x when you put water on it. I'm probably going to take my arctic collection up to Big Bear, a ski resort near here to get the "establishing" and landscape shots, with all my vehicles and figures in the snow, and take the close-up shots at home with my styrofoam arctic set.

I'm a little driven to make cool dios. It's why it takes me so long. Almost a year ago I took this shot:

mcc_duel_joe.jpg

I lugged 2 MCC's (one painted black for Cobra) 3 HISS tanks, a Grizzly, 2 AWE Strikers and a bunch of figures up to a hilltop park and took photos of an epic "MCC Duel" I plan to have around Chapter 15 of Disciple. I had a gaggle of 5 year old girls watching me do this. Took me about 6 hours to collect, transport, shoot, rearrange, shoot some more, and pack it all up and drive home. All for the location. :) So that was a year ago, and to be honest, at my pace, it'll probably be another year before the chapter comes out.

I took this shot deep in the forrest in Australia/ I thought it would be cool to have a series of Sanke Eyes / Scarlett vacation photos. :)

thecamyth, I'm really sorry you missed out on Amazon's sale of these. I think it's disgusting these are hard to get and have even sold on Ebay for $80-$100. I really hope you get one, or AS MANY as you want. I see another thread on them showing up at Targets. Good luck! If you're going to be angry about it, that's your choice, but for me, I'm angry at Hasbro for screwing up the distribution of these last year, and canceling our line! (sorry, I mean "hiatus"!)

Man your pics just blow me the hell away. Always have man. And no need to apologize to that jerk as he did not even want them(he posted that later), he was just trying to start a fight and well he did. lol

Keep up the great work man!

Draven

Hammerfel, I have the utmost respect for you dude. You responded to this "can of worms" so to speak calmly and rationally. You deserve your five Ice Sabres, and I hope you enjoy them to the nth degree man. Just keep cranking out those great pics! I didn't remember that Frostbite pic being your work, and since Frostbite's one of my all-time favorites and most wanted right now, I love it. (I loved it the FIRST time I saw it!) What a great shot.