So What Are The Best Hot Wheels?

firestongue

My 2nd oldest brother always collected Hot Wheels when we were kids (as did my oldest brother, to a lesser degree).

I guess lately Ive been kinda bored in the toy aisles (Marvel Legends rarely there, soon-to-be hiatus of GIJOE), so Ive been checking out some Hot Wheels.

It just amazes me how people go crazy for these things. My oldest brother now collects some I think, and I know he was getting some of the die-cast cars.

But what are some of the more preferred hot wheels out there?

Which ones do you like to collect and do people keep these MOC or open them for a display case?

I always keep an eye out for the treasure hunts. This year I hear there are some treasure hunt variants. I don't personally collect HW but a friend of mine does so I always keep an eye out for him. Sometimes I pick up some but it's not based on what car it is but what's the theme of it it. Like I have the He-Man series that featured He-Man, Ram Man, Man-at-Arms and Skeletor as well as some of the Batmobiles they did this past year. First editions are popular too but I understand they are releasing more than usual this year.

I think the big thing about HW are that they are only about $1 a piece. That means you can get alot more stuff that way.

Yeah you cant beat the price at all.

I picked up the Heman hot wheels 2 pack with him and King Hiss. I wish they could have done more.

As for the 4 youre talking about, i skipped out on those but wished I didnt... :\

I collect them, and am getting into them more lately...as stated by Chromeboy...heck they are only $1! They are small too, so you can have a bunch of them!

Treasure hunts are always sought after, as are "Zamacs" which are unpainted versions of some cars. Motorcycles are pretty hard to find too.

Yup, this year has some T-hunt variations as well. Some people want all variations of certain cars and such, so these will be pretty sought after.

Check hotwheelscollectors.com , they have a lot of info that is useful in regards to variants and new cars and stuff.

Firestongue, I may be able to track down at least one of those Masters of the Universe cars for ya...I think I saw a Man-at-arms at a Longs a while back...if I see any I will pick em up for you for cost + shipping.

I used to have soooo many hot wheels when I was a kid..

But I don't have a single one to this date.. I can remember zooming them back and forth along the concrete floor in one of my old houses, some ended up under the freezer which I could never get, those ones were lost forever :P

I remember finding a bunch in my grandma's sandbox beside her house one day.. I dont remember burrying them, but im sure I did, and Im sure that's where most of them still are today :D she doesn't live at that house anymore though.. I wonder if some are still in there? :P Excavation!!!

I collect them too, but only the nice ones. I have been approached numerous times by scalpers trying to sell me Treasure Hunt variations...but I tell them GO TO HELL. ONe even asked me last weekend if I wanted the Camaro TH for $40.00....it's valued on ebay for $80.00 now....I said....NO! :o

These guys are old men lookin through all the Hot Wheels section & dropin them like trash, & I end up picking them up in order... @smilepunch@