Tonight's Justice League....

Cyclonus8

Sorry if this has asked before, but this is the first time I've seen this episode. Who is that other super hero team? Are they existing DC characters? They seem to be updated versions of the "fake" Superfriends characters (i.e. the twins and Samari).

And how does that black lady in the end know that Batman is a "rich boy?"

I was only half watching tonight, but I think those heroes were newer versions of Samurai, Black Vulcan, the Wonder Twins, and Apache Chief.

The black lady was Amanda Waller, head of the Suicide Squad in the comics. Black Ops Government stuff. She made her debut back in 1986 in the Legends mini-series.

@bats@

So did they appear in these forms in the comics?

Were their names even mentioned in the episode? I don't recall.

BTW, it would suck to be the male twin. Parts of you would be swallowed by others when they are swimming in you. And why did he flood the room when fighting Aquaman? So stupid.

I don't think any of the guys are in the DC proper. A couple are kinda in it though... Black Vulcan was in the comics as Black Lightning, wasn't he? I think there's a version of Apache Chief running around but I'm not sure if that's just the Manitou Raven inspired by Apache Chief or if there are two running around.

Most of these guys got new names in this episode, like Samurai was named Wind Dragon in this one. I think the Wonder Twins were Shifter and Downpour? Apache Chief's reimagination was named Long Shadow. I didn't catch Black Vulcan's updated name.

Guest Ravage

"Black Vulcan" was called Juice. I think they said it just once. I'd assume they chaged the names because Hanna Barabera could still own the names.

Waller is Lex's head of Meta-Human Affairs in present comics (at least during his time as President) and it seems that's her job in JLU as well. She's also in another ep. of JLU, "Doomsday".

Maxwell Lord in charge of JLI for a time, at leadt that's understanding.

Edit:

Forgot to add that they were called the Ultimen.

Sorry if this has asked before, but this is the first time I've seen this episode. Who is that other super hero team? Are they existing DC characters? They seem to be updated versions of the "fake" Superfriends characters (i.e. the twins and Samari).

And how does that black lady in the end know that Batman is a "rich boy?"

Waller most likely knows he's Bruce Wayne. Her comic book counterpart doesn't know his ID, though.

Back in the earlt days of the comic version of the Squad, Bats and Waller squared off a number of times.

Bats got himself locked into Belle Revere prison, Squad headquarters on purpose at once point. Bats threatens to take down the Squad project - he is against the principle of letting using the villains for missions and then letting them out. Waller reminds him that he came into the facility without his costume and his finger prints are all over the cell. She promises to scrub it down clean if he backs off.

Shortly there after, A Squad mission left Nemesis in the hands of the Soviets. Bats led the JLInternational to Russia to free him (Bats had worked with Nemesis before). A fight between the JLI and the Squad followed - I think it was one fo those 'misunderstandings" and the Squad was also there to free Nemesis. In the end, Maxwell Lord got Nemesis transferred to JLI custody where he could and did later slip away. Nemesis eventually gets back to the US and the Squad.

"Black Vulcan" was called Juice. I think they said it just once. I'd assume they chaged the names because Hanna Barabera could still own the names.

Waller is Lex's head of Meta-Human Affairs in present comics (at least during his time as President) and it seems that's her job in JLU as well. She's also in another ep. of JLU, "Doomsday".

Maxwell Lord in charge of JLI for a time, at leadt that's understanding.

Edit:

Forgot to add that they were called the Ultimen.

Time Warner owns both Warner bros and Hana, so I doubt it is because of copyright problems since we have seen a statue of the wonder bros in an earlier JL episode. I think the reason with the update is because of the stereotypical essence in the original three minorities. I mean all the super friends names were connected to their race such as Black Vulcan, Apache Chief, and Samurai. Also, two out of the three were dressed in a stereotypical fashion. Who weres top noths and loin cloths in America these days?