If Anakin Were A Jedi Master...?

HUSH

I was just thinking.I remember reading somewhere that Anakin requests to be granted the title of Jedi Master and the Jedi Council says no.And that this leads him to working for Palpatine as his body guard and thats where Palps starts tantilising Anakin with The Dark Side and it's power.

If the Council had allowed Anakin to become a Jedi Master and given him a pupil/apprentice would this have kept Anakin down the Light Side?

Would he have still gone down the dark path and perhaps even taught his Padawn the dark arts of the Sith?

I think maybe the Jedi Council are partly to blame for Anakin going elsewhere and being seduced by the Dark Side.

So do you think if Anakin had a Padawan he would take him down the Dark Side with him?

Definatly wouldnt have mattered. I think he started down that path after he began loosing body parts, maybe even before. Dont forget he was always told he was great, he was the best. He always striked me as a spoiled brat with god like powers.

I think due to Anakin being so old he missed out on a lot of core training. You can easily see the pride that Anakin has and he would never be satisfied as just being an equal.

Which was always odd to me that he hated being a pupil but then became a pupil to the Emporior.

I think due to Anakin being so old he missed out on a lot of core training. You can easily see the pride that Anakin has and he would never be satisfied as just being an equal.

Which was always odd to me that he hated being a pupil but then became a pupil to the Emporior.

I never understood that theory........"too old."

I mean, he was like 8 when he finally started training. So, at what age do they start training? while thier in diapers? do they start with levittating baby bottles and pacifiers?

I think the Jedi Council doomed themselves when they said they wouldn't train him originally. I don't think he forgot that slap in the face. If Qui Gon would have lived and trained Anakin, he would have provided the father figure the boy needed, keeping Anakin happy and far away from Palpy. Palp nurtured Anakin. He told the boy how great he was instead of showing the negativity Yoda and Obi Wan did. It's no wonder he went bad. He would have gone down the same road Dooku did if they would have granted him Master status.

It's funny how an 8 year old Anakin was too old, but a 21 year old Luke wasn't. I guess it was a matter of circumstance. It was my understanding that they took children away from their parents when they were much younger than 8 and trained them until their late teens/early 20's before they were made full Jedi. Luke trained for how long exactly? Again, a product of circumstances.

It's funny how an 8 year old Anakin was too old, but a 21 year old Luke wasn't. I guess it was a matter of circumstance.

It was.......Yoda said that Luke was too old.

"He is too old....Yes, too old to begin the training. "

But in the end he didn't have much choice in the matter, he was dying....And it was either Luke or Leia. Luke had already started down the path to become a Jedi. He accepted the situation and tried not to make the same mistakes they made with Anakin.