Who Or What Built The Death Star?

KENNY GUIDO

Ok, many years ago, when CLERKS was released, RANDAL & DANTE have a discussion about the "workers" or "contractors" that have died midway thru the completion of the second death star.

Now, many years later....we see that there were a countless assortment of other types of "soliders" (battle droids, super battle droids, etc, etc, etc). so, who's to say that the battle droids didnt build the death star and not civilians? thus, making RANDAL'S theory "wrong?"

Why would you tap a Kevin Smith movie for answers to a George Lucas movie?????

It'll probably be answer in ROTS or later on in some other venue.

My personal guess is that the Empire used conscripted droids and humans to construct the station.

I was  thinking about this the other night.  I figure  Kevin Smith will bring it up in the new Clerks movie, plus this time he has a chance to rip into the new movies.

new CLERKS movie??????????

huh?!?!?!

I thought the dvd with the alternate ending was the newest one!

give me info!!!! i gotta know!!!

Guest Ravage

Well I would assume they had "slaves" do it. Or possibly it was done by machines, and droids. Either way, I think that whatever did build it, was most likely killed or had their memories erased. "There'll be no one to stop us, this time!"

Thats a good question... Wouldn't it be solved in Ep 3?

I would bet my left nut that the "planet" Corusant becomes the Death Star. I said from the beginning but people just scoff at me. Technically it is a man made planet, would be hard at all to make into the Death Star.

I would bet my left nut that the "planet" Corusant becomes the Death Star. I said from the beginning but people just scoff at me. Technically it is a man made planet, would be hard at all to make into the Death Star.

Coruscant was shown in the revised ROTJ as being one of the places celebrating the second Death Star's destruction.

Unless they cloned the whole planet............

Besides, the Death Star is oft cited as being only as large as a small moon--ROTJ showed pretty clearly some of the understructures of the station and its pretty clearly a construct and not a bored out planet.

I didn't think Coruscant was man-made planet. I thought it was just an incredibly developed planet - bascially one big city, the capital of the galaxy far far away.

I didn't think Coruscant was man-made planet. I thought it was just an incredibly developed planet - bascially one big city, the capital of the galaxy far far away.

In AOTC, there is a shot of some of the "landscape" just as Count Dooku's flyer arrives at the "Sith" city--it shows the "main" city off in the distance with some rough undulating rocky terrain between the two.

The shots from orbit show a web of interconnected city networks, so it is technically one huge city-planet.

Lucas talks about the Clerk's discussion during the commentary for ANH (or what it ROTJ?) and he states that the Geonosians (as seen in AOTC) were who "died" when it was blown up.

Hmmm, Typical Lucas Politically Correct Answer. No problem if Geonosians are killed their just Bug Juice anyways. I loved Clerks and there philsophical Starwars Discussion. Im sure a sequel will have some Starwars references. I like there argument that a lot of innocent Contract workers were killed in the second death star as it was under construction while the first Death Star was mostly staffed by the Emperial Forces.

But how do the Geonosians go from the height of their development being buildings and structures made out of dirt,mud and rock to being able to build a hugley technological marvel like the Death Star?

I always thought that it was just a bunch of scientists and workmen conscripted by the Galactic Empire.All being overseen by Tarkin.

i think we;ll know a bit more about the death star in may *wink wink*

Outside of maybe a shot at the end of the movie I don't see how the Death Star fits into the overall plot as some of us know it. I've yet to see it mentioned on any Star Wars dedicated site. I imagine we may get a glimpse or 2 of a schematic or it's construction at the end of the film but the Death Star really has nothing to do with the plot of ROTS.

Well before ep1 and 2 , the death star was built at a place called the MAW installation under Grand Moff Tarkin's supervision. The designer in the books was a girl named qe-lin or something of that nature, she was tricked into designing the deathstar for mining purposes only. The wookies are a favorite for empiral slavery, they are very apt technology wise.

With the movies now, most of the above has changd. The genosians are the builders. Someone said above how they could build it but realise they are very industrial and have built vast droid armies. Just because one can build something a certain way doesn't mean they would like to live in it, they might prefer rock and mud over a metal coffin.

Coruscant is a natural planet, go read the essential guide to the star wars planets and locations . The death star is vastly smaller than coruscant.

I thought some of how the Death Star was built was covered in the book Darksaber. I believe in that book some Hutt wants to build a Superlaser but without the whole Death Star. I think it was built by these creatures who could communicate telepathically or something. It's been a few years since I read that book. The whole Superlaser thing they ended up buliding in the book was a hunk-o-junk and I think it ended up falling apart when they tried to use it.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

But how do the Geonosians go from the height of their development being buildings and structures made out of dirt,mud and rock to being able to build a hugley technological marvel like the Death Star?

I always thought that it was just a bunch of scientists and workmen conscripted by the Galactic Empire.All being overseen by Tarkin.

Why do some people who work in communications technology go camping or even have a cabin retreat, or like some of my Japanese friends, who live and work in the Tokyo area, but whose parents and grandparents still live in some of the villages in the mountains?

Geonosian thought: "Man, I built a lotta battle droids today! I think I'm gonna kick back at the mountain retreat and have a nice spa-style mudbath in my mudcabin." :D