Episode 3 Spoilers In Signatures

Bespin refugee

Nope. Absolutely all spoilers will be removed by ME.

I don't want to see any duel GIFs... I don't want to see tons of characters and ships in scenes from the movie..

I don't want to see anything that is in the trailer. Just because its in the trailer doesn't mean its NOT a spoiler. I haven't seen any trailers because they give away too much.

With StarWars, since we basically all know what is going to happen, the only thing left is how its done. So no more spoilers please.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sorry but arent the toys in of themselves spoliers? why was my gif removed exactly? i've only posted in this fourm for a couple months now. if some one is trying to come to a star wars toy forum before the last movie is realeased and they are trying to avoid spoilers does not not seem at tad hypocritical?

EDIT: Why didn't you remove the collage i made then with the two shots of obiwan from ROTS? Isn't that spoiler too to know what he looks like? After all my gif was of the duel which is advertised on the toys themselves, I mean look at the Mustafar Duel Playset and the card backs. The toys are covered in spoilers and are spoilers which give away a lot more than an animated gif of obi wan and anakin.

Recondo,Apr 5 2005, 08:59 PM] i'm sorry but arent the toys in of themselves spoliers? why was my gif removed exactly? i've only posted in this fourm for a couple months now. if some one is trying to come to a star wars toy forum before the last movie is realeased and they are trying to avoid spoilers does not not seem at tad hypocritical?

EDIT: Why didn't you remove the collage i made then with the two shots of obiwan from ROTS? Isn't that spoiler too to know what he looks like? After all my gif was of the duel which is advertised on the toys themselves, I mean look at the Mustafar Duel Playset and the card backs. The toys are covered in spoilers and are spoilers which give away a lot more than an animated gif of obi wan and anakin.

people don't have to read the cardbacks. I looked at all of the new toys in the stores.. I didn't read the cards.

I don't care what the figures look like, as long as I don't know what happens to them in the movie.

Well to be honest its ridiculous. Why don't you lock the entire star wars board until may 19th? Afterall everything discussed there is a spoiler. Are you going to not leave your house, watch TV, avoid buying certain food products and avoid newspapers and magizines for the next month? That whole board is a spoiler, I've confined my posts to that board largely since i changed my sig, why am I being punished? Should it not be that those that wish to avoid spoilers avoid the star wars toy forum? I've acted responsibly regarding posting with that, I can understand if i was posting all over other boards but I haven't. Very unfair and quite frankly unnecessary.

no you don't have to read card backs but things like the deluxe Anakin changes to Vader figure kinda imply a plot point do they not? I apologize if I just spoiled you by telling you that. I think it well know anakin goes bad and a 2-3 sec repeating gif of Anakin Dueling ObiWan isn't giving anymore of the movie away than that deluxe figure. How about the Deluxe Palpatine to Sidious? I think thats a bigger spoiler. You can't just unilaterally delete everyone's sigs for having something E3 in it, do it based on a spoiling of a story point. If that's the case my whole sig should be gone for the two shots of Obi Wan in there. How about the Mustafar FINAL DUEL playset, uh oh the whole name of the item is a spoiler seeing as it comes with both....Anakin and Obi Wan, did you look at the name of that one?

EDIT: Did you notice HMI's sig? It has Grevious Dueling Count Dooku from the Clone Wars cartoons with a Hyperspace logo on it. Did you know its unlawful to repost anything from hyperspace on the internet? why is that still there? I see that as a larger issue.

Dont worry about him [GIJoe]Recondo. The guy is just using his title as a mod to make everything suited to his personal needs. The drama queen is just over reacting. He's on a power trip plain and simple..... @hmmm@

This thread was started on Feb 28, which was 37 days ago, why did you wait until now to delete our sigs? That would be because you hadnt seen them until now or am I wrong? Which in part is my point. If you want to stay spoiler free you change your habits. Just because you are a mod does not mean you can go changing things to how you see fit. That is called an abuse of power. To my knowledge only one person complained aside from you CLAM. In government the Minority does not rule. Most of the people on the Star Wars board are spoiled enough to know Anakin and ObiWan fight. While we are complaining I take offense to your use of "suck ballz" in reference to an obi wan figure and found it inappropriate language for a supposed mod to be using. You lead by example.I have also found the half naked women in other members sigs a bit inappropriate for a TOY forum but have I made a fuss? NO. Have I demanded theyre removal? NO.

Oh I agree with you, just not you're attitude... persoanly I don't see any harm in you're sig my self just as long as there are no ep 3 pics in it...

well the attitude is that by what CLAM definition of a spoiler to him personally is anything pertaining to episode 3 whether it is offically released or not. Its contradictory because hes saying a 2 sec loop from episode 3 is spoiling a plot point for him but looking at the toys is ok, the figures themselves give away things as in the ones I've previously cited. They are the same thing, images whether in 3 dimensons or 2 they both represent something offically released from episode 3. I dont think what was in my sig ruined the entire movie for him. Its hypocrisy plain and simple, I'm sorry if I have an "attitude" about this but its so ridiculous.

Its not like I'm on TNI posting constantly either so its wasnt all over the place ruining peoples moviegoing experience come may.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the spoilers. And what youo're doing Clam does come off as an abuse of power.

That said, I did have a problem with Hush's gifs. Everytime I was scrolling through a page with one of your posts they'd cause the page to "stutter". If they were just static pics, no problem. But the animated gifs were giving my screen fits. @loll@

Recondo,Apr 5 2005, 10:17 PM]

EDIT: Did you notice HMI's sig? It has Grevious Dueling Count Dooku from the Clone Wars cartoons with a Hyperspace logo on it. Did you know its unlawful to repost anything from hyperspace on the internet? why is that still there? I see that as a larger issue.

I didn't pay attention to that because its from the toon.. and I didn't see the hyperspace logo.

I have no knowledge of any hyperspace rules or laws..

Dont worry about him [GIJoe]Recondo. The guy is just using his title as a mod to make everything suited to his personal needs. The drama queen is just over reacting. He's on a power trip plain and simple..... @hmmm@

well, you just eanred yourself a warning. You get one more warning, and then you will be banned for any further infractions.

Feel free to discuss your problems with the way I edited your sig.. its okay to disagree and have a conversation. However, you must do so within the rules. Your new sig definitely breaks the rules.

Recondo,Apr 5 2005, 10:27 PM] i'll say

oh yeah forgot about the Anakin Ultimate Villian 12 inch figure too and the Grevious figures with 4 arms lightsaber attack, cause those aren't spoilers either.

Everyone knows Anakin is Vader. We knew that since the Original Trilogy.

as for Grevious' 4 arms.. its a minor surprise that doesn't effect the story.

Furthermore.. I did not mean to offend anyone by removing your sigs. If you have a problem with it, feel free to discuss it with me like a mature person.. No need to run around like a chicken with your head cut off because you no longer have a GIF in your signature.

Also, if you really feel the need to do so, you can bring your case to JayC. But there is no need to insult anyone.

I think its okay to remove spoilers from sigs.. we have discussed this before in the mod forum and mostly everyone agreed that we should keep spoilers out of sigs because there is no warning. When we discuss spoilers, the appropriate and courtious practice is to use a *******SPOILER WARNING******** however, with sigs you can't warn people.

Wowy!!! Man o man...whuts going on in here!!! All the action looks to be in here!

Why do we have soo many rules about spoilers? Just don't go into any toy forums & you will be ok.

I like spoilers & their signatures & avatars...that's why i'm here... If it wasn't as much fun as it was before the banning & editing..I woudn't be here!

About Synch... he's cool & all, just got to get to know him ^_^

First off, to say someone shouldn't come here, to a public forum, because others want to talk about spoilers is just plain wrong... You mean I should stay away from here because a couple people wanna be the first to tell others about parts of the movie??? No! plain and simple.. lets see... if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known about a lot of the figures that were coming out on the 2nd, if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known about some of the smaller promotional tie-ins... if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known about the Target, Walmart and TRU exclusives, if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't have known about the celebration 3 exclusives... and there's more... yeah, I would have probably found out about some of those in other places, but most likely too later, I dont go to TRU.com or Target.com everyday, I dont go to hasbro.com everyday... I dont go to thestarwarscelebration.com everyday... BUT...I go to TNI.. EVERYDAY...

I like that TNI's a small little corner of the world where I can get a butt load of info, ranging from videogames, to movies, to toys to that goofy/scary wayward rouge kid that posts 20 pictures every other day in the "post your pic" section of him self( @loll@ ), but the fact that you're telling people that they shouldn't come here, or to even be on the internet is just plain ignorant. Just because you want to know everything about the movie before it's out, doesn't mean EVERYONE does, most people I'm sure dont want everything spoiled for them, and like clam said, if it's in a thread, we can avoid, but if it's in a sig.. then there's no avoiding it...

As for the actual content you guys did have in your sig, just because it's released, DOESN'T make it OKAY... I said it before, I'm one of the ones that wants to be pretty much surprised when I go to the theaters, yeah, there are main plots that most of us know are in there, but it's the HOW that we dont know, and that's the main thing here... I know there's going to be a duel, I know something's most likely gonna happen to Padme, I know anakin turns to vader, but I dont want to know HOW till I actually see the movie... some of the things we know just from being fans of the old trilogy...

As for the comment on the figures being spoilers, hell, I opened a couple of my figures, but I only read a couple packages like the clone troopers or some of the Jedis, cause if there's something there that'll spoil it for me, it's not that big of a deal to me, but it's something I CHOSE to do, not something that was shoved in my face!!! With a lot of the main characters, I didn't read the package, there still sitting there in a box in the corner...

The main thing I wanted is for you guys to be aware that some people dont want things spoiled for them, and to be careful with any future animated gifs you might stumble onto... yeah I admit, some of them weren't bad at all, but a couple I didn't want to see till I saw the movie and I really dont care if it was a two second loop, or if it was half the movie.. it doesn't matter, I didn't want to see it, and I was being forced to watch it, because it was in your signature, it was moving while everything else on the board is a still picture, that's the main point of an animated gif, to attract attention, and that's what you were doing, if you didn't want to attract attention to it, it would have been a regular plain pic, and not a gif... Like that d@mn Pepsi ad off to the right, it's soo annoying, but it's made to be like that so it attracts your attention, and maybe you'll glance over and read it and maybe, just maybe, you'll click that link... and that's the whole point of it, it got your attention... just like your sig was meant to draw attention!!!

Heck, I was just asked by a mod to remove my HALO2 sig becasue it was causing longer loading times for others, did I throw a little hissy fit, rant and rave about it, and start calling people names? NO, I just removed it, I know somepeople may have dial up and not all people ahve high speed internet and I remember back to when I had dial up and I wouldn't wanna be there, sitting and waiting for a page to load, just because some guy wants to show off his stats on a videogame.. so I removed it without a thought...

I just wish you guys would grow up, your comments and and now your new Signature, really shows your age, or rather your maturity level... you guys remind me of that one kid sitting behind me and my brother when we went to see Return of the Jedi for the first time.. and he blurted out... "YODA DIES!!!!"... and to be honest, I wanna try to avoid that this time... yeah, I may not be able to avoid it if you're behind me an dyell out something like that... but at least I can try to avoid a lot of the stff before it comes out... and finally...

Thank you Clam.. for the very first time since I've been here, I agree with you on something, @loll@

Why the need for spoilers in a sig in the first place? Why should I have to stay away from a forum to be spoiler free? I have just as much right to be here as anyone else.

Should someone else stay away because they don't like vulgar content? No, because the mods have specified that it doesnt happen, same with the spoilers!

first off, correct me if i'm wrong here but i called no one a name. secondly what was in my gif was not a spolier as you said your self JoeRhyno

"yeah, there are main plots that most of us know are in there, but it's the HOW that we dont know, and that's the main thing here... I know there's going to be a duel, I know something's most likely gonna happen to Padme, I know anakin turns to vader, but I dont want to know HOW till I actually see the movie... some of the things we know just from being fans of the old trilogy..."

In fact if you check earlier in the thread I addressed some other members sigs as spoilers and they should be removed. JoeRhyno said himself "to be honest I dont really care about recondo's sig," as well.

Mine was not a how. Also the gif is not even from the movie or trailer. Its from a fan trailer made by magic pixel on TheForec.net. The footage is from some behind the scenes documentary and was against blue screen. The background and lighting was added by a fan.

The duel is also represented in the Episode 3 ad campagin including on the figure packaging in vader's helmet on the top. That gif gave no more away than a picture not to mention it isn't clear who anakin is battle.

As for rants, what did you just do JoeRhyno? I'm upset because what was there was ruining nothing that anyone who was interested in the figures, because the packaging, I'm not referring to the blurbs on the back, and the store displays exhibited the same information. Besides isn't calling another board member immature the same as name calling JoeRhyno?

As for gifs bringing attention. No I was doing it to draw attention, I put it there cause I thought it was cool and relatively small. I don't like a lot of attention drawn to myself and this dumb issue is doing just that.

CLAM I thought I was discussing this as an adult, its in the proper forum and was making some valid points to my point of veiw nor did I curse or personally attack anything other than your judgement call on this.

Some gifs I did see were spoilers, I agree with you on that CLAM and JoeRhyno and should not have been there, however mine was not doing anything terribly horroble, not to mention it wasn't all over TNI. Most of my posts in the last month have actually been in this thread.

I'm not taking this personally, but I do see it as an unnecessary pull. I'm just asking for judgements to be made on what is and what is not a story spoiler, instead of deleting everything and anything episode 3 related.

APPARENTLY MY GIF HAS BEEN REMOVED BY THE BOARD SPOILER NAZIS

last time I checked that wasn't a good thing... @hmmm@

and the immature statement and name calling was not just directed towards you... towards HMI also with the "troll" comment and he used to have in his sig something like, this one's in the trailer b!tches

Like I said, I didn't have a problem with your sig, when I originally made my complaint it was towards HUSH's sig, like someone else said, I had a problem with your attitude...

I have a real good idea though... and I'm sure you'll agree with me on this one.. how about we lock this now, so we stop going back and forth ;)

:huh:

I was pissed when this thread started that mine was removed, and I was in the wrong with the Clone Wars gif sig, but the point has been made that some people don't want to know some of this stuff, and to be fair to them, this stuff shouldn't be in sigs.

That's just the way it is. It's really a trivial matter, isn't it?

Well as a last thing on this, heres the the big problem....

this wasn't executed very well. The mods may have agreed to not allow spoilers in sigs but they never told us what they considered a spoiler, and you non spoiler people can not expect to get things 100 percent, thats not fair to those that want to put episode 3 images or what not in our sigs, there should be a middle ground, judgement calls put together as whats ok and what is not by the mods and given to us formally. In this thread we have two mods saying two different things as to whats ok.

Also you had CLAM declaring he would remove everything in a very not professional, authoritarian way. He came in acting like he was judhe jury and executioner on this issue, that inflamed me. Hence the spoiler nazi comment. CLAM does not have supreme authority as he acted like when he made his intial statement, he is supposed to keep things clean and fair around here, he enforces rules not makes them. That's Jay C's job.

as to this being trivial, i'll agree it is basically trivial, however this is principle.

the mods never gave us a clear idea of what was ok and what was not plain and simple and to just come out as CLAM did and say nothing was ok was both unfair and wrong to those that wanted episode 3 material in their sigs. For the non spoiler people to also decry everything episode 3 in a sig is also unfair and wrong. If you read what i've been saying i havent been telling everyone anything episode 3 is ok, but rather that a line in the middle should be drawn somewhere. You know, a compromise, I'm sure some of you are familiar with the concept.

A compromise is what I'm calling for and have been calling for. Everyone is such and absolutist it seems though, its their way or the highway. Real life does not work like that.

Oh and by the way I saw two episode 3 commericals between 8:30 and 9 last night on TV, so those non spolier folks who haven't seen any trailers yet don't be surprised if you turn on your TV and there it is. Its the last big marketing push before the last star wars movie comes out, avoiding this stuff is going to be hard for you guys at this point.

Last thing is to Rhyno, I never told anyone to not go on the internet who was avoiding spoilers. Its just people should not be too surprised at seeing things on the internet that may or maynot give away things in the movie. It was a choice those people made, they also have a choice as to how far to take it but I do not think you should necessarily blame those who have read spoilers for seeing anything you may not have wanted to a month before the last star wars movie is released on a star wars toy board. Now as to accidentally seeing stuff on say the joe board then yes theres a problem with that, but I wasn't going around posting all over the place was I? If some one was not acting responsibly regarding any spoilers in thier sig or that they posted then yes it should have been removed. Look at my post count, I mean I don't even have a post for every day I've beenb registered, and as you said you had no problem with mine so why was it removed on me? Its irritating when I come on to see that gone without notification.

I'm asking for an offical decision from the mods on what is ok and what is not, posted in this thread or a spolier and non spolier star wars thread until the movie is released. I believe that would be fair to everyone. I'm not going to argue this point any more so long as everyone understands that to this point its been unfair to some group at every point.