Any Collector Value For Jlu Errors?

Crimson Knight

Could it be that someone swapped and then returned it? Its pretty common nowadays...

Otherwise, I don't know how much you'd get for it... :)

Most of these "errors" are only worth $ to the person that specifically collects them. As an example, bubble that is affixed to the card upside down, so the figure looks like it's standing on it's head, isn't worth any more than a normal figure - even though there was obviously a factory error. As a matter of fact, in many price guides, it may be worth less than the normal figure.

As always with collecting, only collect it if it appeals to you - not based on the speculative value you think it might have. You'll save lots of $ that way and probably come out ahead in the long run.

I always hear people say things like "They're worth the same or less", but wouldn't a factory error make said figure a lot more rare?

It would seem to me that the less there is of something, the more it's worth.

Myself, the only error figure I have is an original Hawkgirl where the back of the card shows her standing on GL's stand.

I always hear people say things like "They're worth the same or less", but wouldn't a factory error make said figure a lot more rare? 

It would seem to me that the less there is of something, the more it's worth.

Sure, but only if you're into that type of thing. Look at it this way. As an example, McF's Spawn figures ship and 1 of every 100 figures is broken - the leg is detached from the hip. Does that make the 1 figure out of the 100 worth more or less? I'd say less, because it's damaged goods - it's not MIP. It's a factory defect.

Same thing with Manhunter on Hawkgirl's card. It's not a true variant - it's an error or a factory defect. Therefore it's not worth anything more.

Yah, this is not something that I look for... this is the kind of thing (some one mentioned the 90's Star Wars stuff) that others seem to grovel over.

Good to know not much of a market for it, because I just want the damn Manhunter figure and didn't want to open it if it was a perceived "rare" collectible. I figured I could use it for trade or whatever... But now Manhunter shall be freed!

Thanks for the discussion,

-CK