First Reissue And Why You Brought It?

Doom Saber

After seeing "fav. threads" poppin up on this forum, I am wondering what is your first reissue and why you bought it. For me, it is the japanese Ultra Magnus reissue. Prior ot that, my brother and I thought reissues were a waste of money, hence we passed on getting the first convoy reissue. Furthermore, we weren't into buyin japanese TFs during the time, mainly because they were expensive. However, we were cleaning the house and brought all our nes games to a vintage toy shop. We trade a dozen games, which ended up getting 60 dollars in store credit. Seein that the MIB UM at the store was 60 dollars, we use the credit on that and ever since then, we have been hooked in getting reissues.

My first re-issue I got was Hasbro's Optimus Prime :)

I got it for christmas 2 years ago. It was pretty cool. I opened it up and put on the stickers, and just admired it for a good half an hour.

The first re-issue I bought myself was hasbro's thundercracker! This guy was very nice :) I got him at Toys R Us in another city, I was on a small vacation, and staying in a hotel. I couldn't wait to get it back to the hotel and open it up!!! I must have played with it (not play play but you know) for a couple hours. just messing around with the stickers and transforming it and stuff by the window watching the snow fall :) it was just after christmas I got that guy.

I wish I could buy more like that.. he was the only re-issue I ever got from a store. everything else was off ebay, or gifts. None of them had the same effect on me, when getting a new toy, as thundercracker did!

Hmm, my first reissue was actually the TRU Reissue Optimus Prime. I bought it not long after I began collecting Transformers because I wanted add an original Prime quickly and painlessly to my collection. I kept it sealed for the longest time (like a year) but eventually I collapsed and opened it :)

Haha, I'd say... it was Ultra Magnus at TRU. It was about 20 bucks... had to get it... The mood, the box, the boxart, the toy, the character... it was the time...

Of coarse then I tripped over my Omega Supreme and fell smack down of Magnus's trailer... BAM! Torn plastic! Needless to say I got a new one at THE FINAL BOTCON OF 2004!!! :D:D:D

Add me to the TRU Prime list. I saw the japanese reissues at online stores, but couldn't justify the cash. When I heard they were coming out at TRU for only $40, I called like everyday. I got him early enough before all the scalping started. First wave I think, as I started calling before he was released. Should've gotten 2, as I later decided to get one to keep sealed. Had to pay more on ebay... Damn scalpers...

Takara Collection Tracks, though hearing about the release of TRU Optimus Prime was the inspiration for collecting them.

My first reissue was the Japanese Convoy from the late 1990's, which if I'm not istaken, is the very first reissue of the current reissues. After that, I got Starscream.

My frst Hasbro reissue was Prowl, becuase my original has busted windshields and I wanted the new one for parts.

Mine was the D-22 Starscream reissue.

Since then, I've got all the Takara boxed reissues and all of the TRU releases that have NOT been released by Takara. No since in having the crappy unchromed missles.

Not to mention that Stepper looks alot better then Ricochet with the gold chromed weapons then the black ones.

First ones I ever got were the Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod that Takara did in the retro boxes. man that was like 4 years ago! Dang! By the time I found anyone selling the original convoy reissue, it was sold out. Not to mention no cheaper than $200.00 which was way outta my price range. I remember I got HR and Mags from BBTS. I sold them a full set of loose and a couple carded visionaries figures, which back then were not selling for crap. I actually ended up paying like $25.00 for them after the trade. I remember getting them and it was like I was 5 again! I used to have Magnus as a kid but never Roddy. Always wanted him and 15 years later I got him. Hey, better late than never! #US1#

My first reissue was the Megatron reissue from 2001. I wasn't aware of reissues until I was on e-bay one day and decided to search for Megatron and I got the reissues coming up. I wanted a brand new toy so what better than to get a brand new close to original Megs? Then my reissue collection has grown ever since :)

Mine would be the MInibots set, I've allways thought the hasbro versions were too expensive IMO.. & I never had a good hookup for the takara stuff untill around that time & when I did get the great hook up, who to this day still hooks me up with stuff, I found it was cheaper to just go with the takara stuff :) ... So I've missed out on a LOTTT of reisssues LOL!

I coulda got soundwave, but man! Just didn't like that PINK on his box!! Still don't! I got a minty loose one though so I'm cool... I'll be happy with my soundblaster misb :D