I Have Been Thinking, What Are Fans More Angry At?

blasterblastinatya

Are we more angry at the fact that our Real American Hero is going away? Or are we angry that Hasbro spoonfed us a lot of BS and got our hopes up for later this year only to kill them all?

I am personally disgusted moreso at the latter. I like most everyone am disappointed at the line's CANCELLATION(enough with this "hiatus" garbage, let's just tell it like it is) but I can honestly say I'm more angry at the fact that Hasbro had been telling us that we were gonna have the new Robot Rebellion theme and had been dropping hints at what stuff this new theme would bring. Not to mention the fact that the "injection molding" was developed and was gonna aid Joe in sales in the future. It was amazing to me when I see that all of our insiders were so totally oblivious to this big change.

It makes me angry to think and realize that words I have said many times over the last 2 1/2 years, those words being that Hasbro cares about it's Joe fans and it's enormous collector fanbase, were so very wrong. Before anyone flames me for saying that, I'm not saying it due to Joe de-evolving as it has. I'm saying it because obviously Hasbro cared enough about us to get our hopes up and doing all these smaller things to get us excited about Joe now and Joe in the future, only to announce out of nowhere that it's dead and in my opinion, feeding us more BS about reasons for its cancellation. I don't buy the lack of sales story for a minute because evidence is all around that it's false.

I'm very angry that Hasbro thought so little of the fans that they had to pull this the way they did. I don't have a problem with trying to make more profit and trying to get kids into Joe with this new line, but I think it could've been handled SO much better than it was, i.e., maybe focusing on S6 but still producing say TRU exclusives for us long-time fans.

Knowing also that these toys take months to develop, I believe that everything we were told from about the Con last year up to Toy Fair this year was all a bunch of junk that Hasbro was spoon feeding us.

These reasons alone are reasons for those of us who have been loyal to Hasbro for years and years, those of us who have seen the good and the bad and stuck it out no matter what, we should not buy this new garbage and we should encourage those who are maybe on the fence about it to not buy them either. I say on the fence because there's some fans who are gonna go with Sigma Six and that's fine. If it's their cup of tea, then it's ok. I just think they'll be very disappointed with it. I say we inflict our paybacks on them by robbing them of our hard earned dollars and not to buy any Gi Joe items after the cancellation goes into effect(and really, no Hasbro items period like Transformers or anything else they make).

I can take Gi Joe being cancelled, but I refuse to lay still and be lied to as all of us have been for at least the past few months. My personal name for this new line is simply this:

GI JOE: 666(SIGMA SIX SUX)

Oh yeah, I think whoever came up with the injection molding idea should sue Hasbro since he's being ripped out of a lot of money.

To be fair we still know very little of Hasbro's plans for the remainder of the year. For all we know, they could have a whole range of 3.75" stuff due for TRU.

My main gripe about all these threads is that they are so full of assumptions!

Do we know if there are any more TRU products? NO

Do we know if 3.75 is permantly cancelled? NO

Do we know if the GI Joe team was lying to us? NO

Do we have any indication that Hasbro is even lying to us? NO

More than likely (since Sigma Six was developed by the Xevoz crew), the Joe team is just as surprised by all this as everyone else, bear in mind there is an entire level of executive above brand leaders making decisions.

And according to more knowledged sources, Robot Rebellion wasn't supposed to be the new theme ANYWAY!

As I said at Cobra Island, let's just wait until the con and more concrete info before jumping to any extreme conclusions in regards to the future.

I am angry that Hasbro just came out with this statement without fully explaining themselves and continuing to make us sit hear dazed. They should have waited til theya had all their plans straightened out and then announce the plans. They jumped the gun on this.

well, i think it's a high possability 3 3/4 " will be back, but i am very angry at the way this was annoucned, the conflicting trickling down of insider info (some say yes and some say no, to rr) the leaked product lists, the way the letter on master collecter was worded that seemed condecensding to us fans, the way it was ONLY put out thru master collecter, the lack of a statement by hasbro in general.

Devils Due did this too, and i know refuse to try any of their other books, i was in all honesty going to try and help them and check out there aftermath books, and even the d3 digest joe book, but now there is no way.

Fans loose respect for a company that doesn't respect them.

well, i think it's a high possability 3 3/4 " will be back, but i am very angry at the way this was annoucned, the conflicting trickling down of insider info (some say yes and some say no, to rr) the leaked product lists, the way the letter on master collecter was worded that seemed condecensding to us fans, the way it was ONLY put out thru master collecter, the lack of a statement by hasbro in general.

Devils Due did this too, and i know refuse to try any of their other books, i was in all honesty going to try and help them and check out there aftermath books, and even the d3 digest joe book, but now there is no way.

Fans loose respect for a company that doesn't respect them.

i couldnt of agreed with you more . this is a bad way to handel it all around.

I'm more upset about no more 3.75" figures honestly...

Hasbro can tell me whatever they want as long as I can keep buying Joes (to a certain extent that is). Overall in the long run the toys are the main priority of my even being here. Becoming friends and talking with other fans is a huge plus, but I wouldn't be here if I liked motorcycles or was into anime or something right?

Joe is a great brand, but the thing that really made it stick out to me as a kid and still today was the awesome design of the toys and how easy it was to play with them. I can't play with Marvel Legends, they're too big and bulky and loose from all the articulation, I just pose them or leave them in the box.

I'll admit I still play with toys sometimes, but the only toys I still play with are Joes. Turtles, Marvel, and the random toys I have I either collect and put away in a box or display on my desk.

Yo Joe!

Leo, your not alone, i definatly play with my joes, and i am not ashamed of it. It's fun, it's relaxing, and lets my flex my creative imaginitive without even putting pen to paper.

As I said at Cobra Island, let's just wait until the con and more concrete info before jumping to any extreme conclusions in regards to the future.

You should know well enough by NOW, that you can't expect fans to just sit quietly for the next 4 months or so, and NOT speculate further on the future of our 3 3/4" Joes?

They just had a Toy Fair! So now it's up to the convention gathering, to sort out the crap they dumped on us just last weekend?

The nature of these boards is to kick around our thoughts on the subject matter that brought us all here to begin with. I don't know why some people want to control that dialogue. Ever since I found these forums like this, it's been about fans spreading rumors and throwing out speculation on "gee Wally, whaddaya think they'll do NEXT?" ^_^

If it's not about the next wave, it's now about if there'll ever be ANOTHER wave at all. Pretending THAT elephant isn't in the room until convention time is hardly going to do much good.

I'm not so sure of things, to put on the ol' positive face, and pretend that there's a big surprise waiting for us right around the corner, and for right now, it's good enough just to vent on the changes that we ARE certain of......SIGMA JOES SUCK! ;)

Are we more angry at the fact that our Real American Hero is going away? Or are we angry that Hasbro spoonfed us a lot of BS and got our hopes up for later this year only to kill them all?

I am personally disgusted moreso at the latter. I like most everyone am disappointed at the line's CANCELLATION(enough with this "hiatus" garbage, let's just tell it like it is) but I can honestly say I'm more angry at the fact that Hasbro had been telling us that we were gonna have the new Robot Rebellion theme and had been dropping hints at what stuff this new theme would bring. Not to mention the fact that the "injection molding" was developed and was gonna aid Joe in sales in the future. It was amazing to me when I see that all of our insiders were so totally oblivious to this big change.

It makes me angry to think and realize that words I have said many times over the last 2 1/2 years, those words being that Hasbro cares about it's Joe fans and it's enormous collector fanbase, were so very wrong. Before anyone flames me for saying that, I'm not saying it due to Joe de-evolving as it has. I'm saying it because obviously Hasbro cared enough about us to get our hopes up and doing all these smaller things to get us excited about Joe now and Joe in the future, only to announce out of nowhere that it's dead and in my opinion, feeding us more BS about reasons for its cancellation. I don't buy the lack of sales story for a minute because evidence is all around that it's false.

I'm very angry that Hasbro thought so little of the fans that they had to pull this the way they did. I don't have a problem with trying to make more profit and trying to get kids into Joe with this new line, but I think it could've been handled SO much better than it was, i.e., maybe focusing on S6 but still producing say TRU exclusives for us long-time fans.

Knowing also that these toys take months to develop, I believe that everything we were told from about the Con last year up to Toy Fair this year was all a bunch of junk that Hasbro was spoon feeding us.

These reasons alone are reasons for those of us who have been loyal to Hasbro for years and years, those of us who have seen the good and the bad and stuck it out no matter what, we should not buy this new garbage and we should encourage those who are maybe on the fence about it to not buy them either. I say on the fence because there's some fans who are gonna go with Sigma Six and that's fine. If it's their cup of tea, then it's ok. I just think they'll be very disappointed with it. I say we inflict our paybacks on them by robbing them of our hard earned dollars and not to buy any Gi Joe items after the cancellation goes into effect(and really, no Hasbro items period like Transformers or anything else they make).

I can take Gi Joe being cancelled, but I refuse to lay still and be lied to as all of us have been for at least the past few months. My personal name for this new line is simply this:

GI JOE: 666(SIGMA SIX SUX)

Oh yeah, I think whoever came up with the injection molding idea should sue Hasbro since he's being ripped out of a lot of money.

amen to that

I'll admit I still play with toys sometimes, but the only toys I still play with are Joes. Turtles, Marvel, and the random toys I have I either collect and put away in a box or display on my desk.

Yo Joe!

i still play with my joes too not ashamed at all actually proud of it

I'm angry that they are blaming the fans for the line's failure.

where did they do this??

If so, then they're full of crap with fans buying multiples and sometimes even going as far as buying in bulk for their collections.

I am angry about the cancellation. After the supposed recovery of the lost v.1 BAT mold and the excellent comic 3-packs it SUCKS to see the best reissue series they've done yet come to a close just because they don't want multiple Joe lines running at once, and probably even think they can force Joe fans to buy the new crap if they remove our options.

I agree, the GI Joe Club newsletter seemed to talk down to us in baby talk.....

'Awwww you should be happy you got as much stuff as you did. Yes you should. Most toy lines get 3 waves and thats it. uh huh. Whose the cutest Joe collector of them all. YOU ARE! Yes you are....ohp.....Here comes the train with a bunch of crap to shove down your throat...open up...CHOO CHOO!!!! Good Boy!'

Having browsed through some other Joe sites, I came across a thread posted over at Joebattlelines about the whole issue here, with the new line and the many speculations behind it.

I thought there were some VERY good points and information shared in this particular discussion, especially by Brian and Fred.

It's pretty much a lot of the same information that several members here have been TRYING to express overtop all the ranting and ridiculing by members like myself (unwilling to be calm, cool & collected! ;)) but I thought it had some definite interesting points and thought it was worth a read by everyone.

JOEBATTLELINES TOPIC

Fans are just plan upset and I think that there is no one reason.Some of us have some really strong feelings on this whole topic,at first I was really tired off all this but I just post a reply when I see there is something i really want to say.

As fans as collectors everybody spends alot of money and time on this hobby and I really would not want somebody telling me how to feel.

Thats why when I post it is only my opion,and if someone agrees cool,if not cool.

The pisssing matches we get into sometimes well I guess thats just the way to work thru it all,just pick your battles.

Viper Hunter and myself had very strong opions and they were different but I came to realize they will be different and Like he said if he wants to rant then he should,I agree.

I for one get on here and post for enjoyment and there are alot of really cool ideas and opions here,there are some that I feel like are really wrong but again thats my opion.

NO one wants the carpet pulled out from under them,or your chair ripped out as you are sitting down and thats kinda what happened .So really Hasbro has its hands full for the way this went down.

Fans are just plan upset and I think that there is no one reason.

I think there is reason to be pissed off.

its like COCA COLA years back, canceling the COKE ingrediants for the NEW COKE.

Old coke fans were enraged. CC saw thier sales "decline" so they were soon forced to put the old recipe back on the market, along side with the new one.

Then, all of a sudden, CC pulled the new flavor off to satisfy the "die hard fans" of Coke.

give it a few months, the 8" line will be canceled just like NEW COKE & CRYSTAL PEPSI.

bottom line is, you cant expect to "change" something after years and years of buying one particular product and just because it has the name we love, doesnt mean we have to accept it.

Yeah, those are good points as well Bekker, and for the record, I have absolutely NO problems with you. I mean, afterall, you're merely wanting to keep the discussions fun and not so full of controversy about a change none of us are going to prevent anyway.

You like the upbeat topics and the sharing of customs, dios and collection pics and info, which is the REAL reason we're all here, or at least should be. This is without a doubt "bad" news for many though, and it was only bound to put a damper on our enthusiasm for awhile. :(

You're able to roll with the punches and take it in stride much better than others, and that's nothing to feel guilty about, and I apologize if I seemed to come off as indifferent towards you personally, as it's just the point of view I debate with people on.

Unless you're French!

#US1#

What I couldnt understand is "why" hasbro couldnt let the 3 3/4" line run along side the new 8" line.

I mean, STAR WARS has a 3 3/4" line, a 12", a 2" and a 6" line!!!!!!! come on..........4 lines of toys running simultaneously?

competition. Star Wars has a large enough fan base to warrant these lines (they buy anything with the SW logo on it. if yo havenm't noticed, most SW fans are a bit more obbsessive than Joe fans).

but with G.I. Joe, Hasbro wants to ensure the success of Sigma Six, and maybe they feel the best way to do that is to put all their eggs in one basket and focus on that. they don't want kids or parents going to the store to buy their $15 figure for mom to say, hey buy these 2 little ones for $7. if that happened Hasbro would be competting against itself.

it is obvious they want Sigma Six to be a huge success and they are focusing all of their energy on this. and if it is a success theyw ill go form there.

My favorite pop/soda is Tab. TAB 4 LIFE!

If any of you have seen the harvey birdman episode where they catch shaggy and scooby for doing pot then you know my favorite scene from the episode. That's like what I dream of every night! For those of you who haven't seen it... buy the dvd.

What I couldnt understand is "why" hasbro couldnt let the 3 3/4" line run along side the new 8" line.

I mean, STAR WARS has a 3 3/4" line, a 12", a 2" and a 6" line!!!!!!! come on..........4 lines of toys running simultaneously?

competition. Star Wars has a large enough fan base to warrant these lines (they buy anything with the SW logo on it. if yo havenm't noticed, most SW fans are a bit more obbsessive than Joe fans).

but with G.I. Joe, Hasbro wants to ensure the success of Sigma Six, and maybe they feel the best way to do that is to put all their eggs in one basket and focus on that. they don't want kids or parents going to the store to buy their $15 figure for mom to say, hey buy these 2 little ones for $7. if that happened Hasbro would be competting against itself.

it is obvious they want Sigma Six to be a huge success and they are focusing all of their energy on this. and if it is a success theyw ill go form there.

you have a point BUT I am one of those STAR WARS fans and I dont necessarily buy "everything" with the STAR WARS logo on it. I collect the 3 3/4" and 12" star wars line: THATS IT. I was never fond of the unleashed line and the new "pee-wee league" figures.

But I understand your debate.

So, HASBRO is betting the fans with a new line. they are taking a big, big risk.

I mean, they are targeting the "younger generation" with thier YU GI JOE line, excluding the entire 3 3/4" fan base.

Ive always loved the 3 3/4" line. Ever since my first star wars figures, to battlestar galactica, to gi joe. its the perfect scale.

Yeah, those are good points as well Bekker, and for the record, I have absolutely NO problems with you. I mean, afterall, you're merely wanting to keep the discussions fun and not so full of controversy about a change none of us are going to prevent anyway.

You like the upbeat topics and the sharing of customs, dios and collection pics and info, which is the REAL reason we're all here, or at least should be. This is without a doubt "bad" news for many though, and it was only bound to put a damper on our enthusiasm for awhile. :(

You're able to roll with the punches and take it in stride much better than others, and that's nothing to feel guilty about, and I apologize if I seemed to come off as indifferent towards you personally, as it's just the point of view I debate with people on.

Unless you're French!

#US1#

Thanks Bro and no hard feelings were taken.

And yea if you were french that would mean wage war time. :P