Do Rotten Eggs In A Tf Line Ruin Collecting It?

Mr.Sci-Fi

There are always going to be some stinkers in a line of any toy. They dont affect my collecting other than pissing me off, I just pass up the sucky ones and buy the ones that I do like.

Sucky bots have always been around, even since the G1 glory days. Take Wheeljack, Suntreaker and Trailbreaker. There robot modes were less than Stellar. Thats also probably why they havnt been reissued yet. I loved these Guys anyways, the Alt modes and Cartoons helped in a big way. Nowadays If a Bot really Sucks I just wont get it. There are so many transformers Its best to just pick and choose. For me having the best bots from everyline is what keeps me going.

I've never been a completist, and don't plan to. I'll pick up the stinkers if there's a way I can fix them, like Alt. Ravage, he just needs a new head.

I don't see the point in saying that a few stinkers ruins anything. We live in an imperfect world and as much we'd like everything to be perfect it never will be.

Transformers are no different. Some are great some are not so great and that will never change. Experience has taught me to never judge any TF too quickly because in some cases the ones I've disliked the most on first impressions turned out to be some of my favorites.

Even the ones I really don't like a lot eventually come to grow on me over time. I enjoy my hobby, both the good and the bad. If I find myself passing on most new figures and immediately selling off ones that I get and don't like then it'll be time for me to stop collecting.

What YOU think are "rotten eggs" aren't so some other people.

My sentiments exactly. SOme may like the ones that others do not. Like Alternator Prowl for instance. I think he's pretty good since he isn't the same as Bluestreak and Smokescreen.

Bad TFs in a line don't affect me at all. If its in the toon I will buy it. I may not like the character or the toy(like G1 Ironhide, the Battlechargers, or Wheelie), but I like to have complete cartoon collections.