What The...!

Brian Langlois

Okay, so I was gone all last week for a business conference and I didn't have time to check the site. So I check in this morning and I can't figure out what is going on. Sigma 6? Something crazy has obviously happened at Hasbro and I've been skimming through the topics but it is confusing as they are all out of order. Could someone nutshell it for me and just lay down what is going on. Is the regular line cancelled? Is this new Joe part of the same story and part of what the cartoon is based on? What about Robot Rebellion? Anyone who can satnd to relive the horror of the past week please fill me in. Thanks.

Okay, so I was gone all last week for a business conference and I didn't have time to check th site. So I check in this morning an dI can't figure out what is going on. Sigma 6? Something crazy has obviously happened at Hasbro and I've been skimming through the topics but it is confucing as they are all out of order. Could someone nutshell it for me and just lay down what is going on. Is the regular line cancelled? Is this new Joe part of the same story and part of what the cartoon is based on? What about Robot Rebellion? Anyone who can satnd to relive the horror of the past week please fill me in. Thanks.

here it is.

Sigma six, a new 8 inch line, is the now primary focus. Wave 7 and the last wave of comic packs will come out, then i believe this fall, The 8 inch figures will be launched with a brand new cartoon series. The 12 inch line has been put on discontinued status. The 3 3/4 line has been put on Haitus or Furlough. For how long its not known. The six packs to TRU shouldnt be put on hold i dont think, but I think its a move to put GI JOE back out there, and then after this either flops or tops , the small guys will come back around January or December. Either riding the success of the new line, or trying to replace the failure. Thats my two cents. I hope that helps. So our line isnt cancelled, but we have no clue when it will OFFICIALLY come back. #US1#

Your explanation doens't make it sound that bad. I've see a lot of Gloom and Doom around here and was really worried. I do think this is an odd move on Hasbro's part, but we'll see what comes of it. I really hope the 3.75" line comes back real soon. I've seen the Sigma figures, and am not impressed. Thanks for the info.

Brian, the problem is an indefinite hiatus, on hold, like MOTU. This is very bad when you have creeps like Wal Mart setting the tone for Hasbro's policies. If Sigma Six does well, and Hasbro tries to put the 3-3/4 back on pegs, Wal mart would see it as irrelevant and push Hasbro to put all of its focus on the 8".

If the line fails, wal Mart won't distinguish between 4" and 8", all it needs to know is GI Joe=No sell. No matter how much Hasbro tries to ran at wal mart, they frankly won't care, they will only remember the above equation.

Also while the rumour is it will be back, the rumour is coming from sources who never gave warning before it went on haitus, and had been telling us very different things. Not that i don't trust anyone, i just would caution you not to be too insanely hopefull, or to insanely sad either way.