Will Sigma 6 Impact This Years Convention????

CaptainGridIron

well, when I went two years ago, there was a heavy Hasbro presence and influence.. and the most popular part of the showroom was the upcoming products booth from Hasbro.

And since everyone is pissed at Hasbro, it will likely have a major impact as well.

I WAS going to go ----

I just spent the last two weeks talking to the wifey and convincing her it was a good thing-----SHE WAS GONNA BEA BLE TO GO SHOPPING WHIL EI WAS AT THE CON!!!!

Now im not going----i just no longer want to spend the money on the trip--------AND

in part because of the SO CALLED "HAITUS"----FURLOGH----WHATEVER U WANNA CALL IT!!!!!!

TOO BAD ----I WAS GONNA BRING MY GIANT CASTLE AND ENTER IT ON THE DIO CONTEST TOO!!!

DAMN-------HASBRO!!!

DOC

As others have noted, and I agree, Hasbro will probably have a minimal presence this year - just so they can avoid the inevitable backlash from both 12" and 3-3/4" fans. Maybe just a low level rep that keeps telling fans about the "exciting new direction of GI Joe" no matter what question is asked.

They are big enough weasels to avoid it and keep everyone in the dark and fuming.

If they do skip it, it will only reinforce my belief that they know they made a mistake in putting the lines on hiatus.

As others have noted, and I agree, Hasbro will probably have a minimal presence this year - just so they can avoid the inevitable backlash from both 12" and 3-3/4" fans. Maybe just a low level rep that keeps telling fans about the "exciting new direction of GI Joe" no matter what question is asked.

They are big enough weasels to avoid it and keep everyone in the dark and fuming.

If they do skip it, it will only reinforce my belief that they know they made a mistake in putting the lines on hiatus.

sbarrett4,

I totally agree with you. I remember the Con from SAN FRAN and their main push was BTR. Well that didn't last......

Are you guys kidding? I think Hasbro will be a major presence at this con showing of their new line. I have a feeling this is the case because they said they were closing down the 3/4" and 12" lines so the can focus on the 8" so why wouldn't they continue to persist their idea at its most acknoledgable place. Also I don't about everyone else but when I went two years ago I was more interested in the customs and dioramas than the stuff that was going to be released and this year Im sure it will be the same case. OH CRAP! What about the famous HASBRO Diorama for each convention? Will it feature 3/4" or 8" guys? Or will there not be one at all?

I hope they show more Sigma Six figures than the five we have already seen.These figures have brought me back into GI Joe.They look so cool!!!!

@hmmm@ For real. No offense Hush but they have chased away tones more.

Draven

There's a whole "culture" of fellowship at these conventions that makes it worth going all on its own.

The point of the convention is for the fans to gather to celebrate their hobby and the toys. The first conventions were held back when the toys ( 12") were not being made, and we done with no assistance from Hasbro at all. Cons were held even in the years that the RAH line was canceled and dring the GIJOE Extreme and Sgt Savage period, so if they had good reasons to hold cons then, the reasons remain the same now.

Not necessarily! Back then, we didn't have the message boards and forums like we do today.

The fans and collectors are much MORE active together OUTSIDE of these G.I.Joe conventions, than they ever were in those days.

It doesn't have to be about crying in your beers, it can be about touching base and meeting on-line friends and reaccquanting yourselves with friends you've already made.

Meeting online friends would be about it for me, but the lack of product there (that interests me) to add to the enthusiasm of attending, still makes it unlikely I'll want to make the arrangements to still go. If a convention ever came to Columbus Ohio, I would go, just because it's close, and I would hope to meet up with other online friends at THAT one.

all that matters is i will be at the convention. And i'll let them know how i feel. as i'm sure a lot of others will 2.

Imagine how well they'd know.. "how you (we) FEEL"..if nobody showed up at all? ^_^

Well, this year WILL be different because for the first time ever, 3 3/4" collectors and 12" collectors will have something they both agree on.....both groups will be PISSED at Hasbro for nixing their hobbies! @cussing@

Yeah that is true, I am wondering how mastercollector and the gijoe club are going to keep their members, perhaps come out with more exclusives?

i will be going no matter what...however this is most likely my last con. @sad@ even though i like the sigma six figures i have to admit that hasbro ending the 3 3/4 line puts a major dampening in my spirits. for me, the convention stands for TRADITION. even though i dig sigma six i don't have the sentimental attachment enough to travel across the globe to see them next year.

Well, this year WILL be different because for the first time ever, 3 3/4" collectors and 12" collectors will have something they both agree on.....both groups will be PISSED at Hasbro for nixing their hobbies!  @cussing@

Yeah that is true, I am wondering how mastercollector and the gijoe club are going to keep their members, perhaps come out with more exclusives?

I'm wondering that myself. My MC membership expires the beginning of April. At this point, I am not renewing. If they say that they will be getting exclusives than I might reconsider.

Well, this year WILL be different because for the first time ever, 3 3/4" collectors and 12" collectors will have something they both agree on.....both groups will be PISSED at Hasbro for nixing their hobbies!  @cussing@

I'm wondering that myself. My MC membership expires the beginning of April. At this point, I am not renewing. If they say that they will be getting exclusives than I might reconsider.

I would since they supposedly have some new stuff coming up, check out the newsletter and make a conclusion yourself. I cannot wait to see what the Jungle Viper looks like. Just think if they have access to the tools (VvsV viper) then most likely they have access to other molds and I am interested to hear more about this wether it is in the newsletter or at the con.

i just can't wait to get cheap joes at big lots :D

There's a thought! :)

Get some Joes in there along with a BIGGER variety of some of this Chap Mei product, and I would be very content for awhile.