Will Sigma 6 Impact This Years Convention????

CaptainGridIron

Do you think with no new product other than Sigma 6 GI joe line coming out this Fall will impact the number of collectors to this years Convention?

I wonder how both the 12 inchers and 3.75 collectors who were thinking about going this June now will not be going?

Should be interesting either way. What do you guys think???

I'm still going no matter what, unless it gets canceled of course. I'm sure that enough money has been spent already for the con exclusives not to go forth. None the less I will still have fun hangin with friends from past cons.

I don't think that attendance will be severely impacted (they will be offering new products for both 12 and 4 inch fans), and I expect Sigma Six to be well represented at the Hasbro booth.

But after this weekend, I think Hasbro is going to blow us away with SOMETHING at the con, be it good or bad.

I'm not going! Would have been my first, but with the news, I just don't like the idea of having my first G.I.Joe convention be fulfilled under such goofy situations. :(

I'd feel like a has-been there, finally getting to the dance after my type of music has already played!

I'm not going! Would have been my first, but with the news, I just don't like the idea of having my first G.I.Joe convention be fulfilled under such goofy situations. :(

I'd feel like a has-been there, finally getting to the dance after my type of music has already played!

The only reason to go now, would be to try and fill some holes in the vintage stuff I want.

I hope they show more Sigma Six figures than the five we have already seen.These figures have brought me back into GI Joe.They look so cool!!!!

I am sure they are going to be the highlight (they think) at the con but I hope to see the 3/3/4 product as well as some more answers about the line (when it is coming back etc), I am still going and it is cool to hang out with the other collectors on this board as well as past con attendies.

I think there will be a dip in numbers just because some people are downright pissed off!

But as for me, I feel like going even more now, and just wearing a shirt that says "SIGMA SIX SUCKS" the entire time. And then fighting anyone who disagrees @lol@

Aside from that, I think that Sigma Six will almost take over a lot of the discussion sessions and obviously Hasbro's booth.. and there will be a ton less new and exciting product for us to see than there were in past years. I mean, they might have more Sigma Six stuff, but I don't expect a lot of 3 3/4 items.. unless they are still doing exclusive lines.

Or better yet, we should get one of the guys here to photoshop the Sigma Six logo, and make it say Sigma SUX. then print out matching t-shirts for all of us to wear.

that would be awesome

Or better yet, we should get one of the guys here to photoshop the Sigma Six logo, and make it say Sigma SUX. then print out matching t-shirts for all of us to wear.

that would be awesome

Like last years pic of the Duke's killing Butt-plug Duke?

"Four out of five Duke's agree, Action Attack sucks."

-Kevin

that would be awesome

Please do! And Take lots and lots of pictures of people wearing theses shirts.

I don't think it's the people pulling out that'll make the biggest impact, but what happens AT the con. Be it good or bad...something is bound to go down there.

yeah something is bound to happen, I am just wondering at this point what the con sets are going to look like. :)

the real question is can hasbro surivive? if someone just locked the doors, the rabid fans would eat them alive for the crap they pulled.

They better have brand new GOOD 3 3/4 " stuff to beat off the rabid fans.

the real question is can hasbro surivive? if someone just locked the doors, the rabid fans would eat them alive for the crap they pulled.

They better have brand new GOOD 3 3/4 " stuff to beat off the rabid fans.

that is true hommie, totally agree lol.

Because the convention is organized by FunPublications/Master Collector and sponsored by Hasbro, the company reps themselves might not make an appearance. There may be a token display, brochures etc, and the events and such would be managed by the organizers. This would mean no roundtable, but that may be a moot thing given the recent announcments.

The convention will still have worthwhile stuff:

Diorama contests, displays and workshops.

Dealers room

Discussions and workshops.

Likely a Para-drop or Bulletman races.

Room-to-room trading

Group dinners and tours...

There's lots of stuff that goes on that Hasbro would not likely be missed. There's a whole "culture" of fellowship at these conventions that makes it worth going all on its own.

The point of the convention is for the fans to gather to celebrate their hobby and the toys. The first conventions were held back when the toys ( 12") were not being made, and we done with no assistance from Hasbro at all. Cons were held even in the years that the RAH line was canceled and dring the GIJOE Extreme and Sgt Savage period, so if they had good reasons to hold cons then, the reasons remain the same now.

It doesn't have to be about crying in your beers, it can be about touching base and meeting on-line friends and reaccquanting yourselves with friends you've already made.

Even if they dont i'll live. Heck my first con had zero 3 3/4 as exclusives and if I remember right nothing was on display from hasbro(and if it was I wasnt interested). I still had a blast, even got to sell my 12" exclusive on ebay that year...lol.

Because the convention is organized by FunPublications/Master Collector and sponsored by Hasbro, the company reps themselves might not make an appearance. There may be a token display, brochures etc, and the events and such would be managed by the organizers. This would mean no roundtable, but that may be a moot thing given the recent announcments.

The convention will still have worthwhile stuff:

Diorama contests, displays and workshops.

Dealers room

Discussions and workshops.

Likely a Para-drop or Bulletman races.

Room-to-room trading

Group dinners and tours...

There's lots of stuff that goes on that Hasbro would not likely be missed. There's a whole "culture" of fellowship at these conventions that makes it worth going all on its own.

The point of the convention is for the fans to gather to celebrate their hobby and the toys. The first conventions were held back when the toys ( 12") were not being made, and we done with no assistance from Hasbro at all. Cons were held even in the years that the RAH line was canceled and dring the GIJOE Extreme and Sgt Savage period, so if they had good reasons to hold cons then, the reasons remain the same now.

It doesn't have to be about crying in your beers, it can be about touching base and meeting on-line friends and reaccquanting yourselves with friends you've already made.

well said bro.