Response (sort Of)from 2 Hasbro Cust Svc Reps:

firestongue

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that being said, no hard feelings. I don't take it personally, I just like to clear the air and have things stated accurately and honestly. #US1# you are all my friends, even if I act like a jerk sometimes. :D

While I don't think he's being egotistical, I respect your opinion just try to keep it from y'know getting out of hand.

I still think that the 12" collectors have plenty of other lines to go to like Sideshow, BBI, etc... whereas arah fans really got the huge shaft, and most 12" fans realize this. I don't think they should cancel the 12" line, but if it had to come down to one or the other I'd say let the 12" go first since it seems to be clogging the pegs and even Hasbro has said its sales are the worst they've been in years.

Plus the 3 3/4" line is a shocker, we already knew the 12" was getting cancelled a while ago.

why in the world would any one what to buy these sigma6 figs.

Because they look fantastic!!!!!

HUH?

Have you seen SNAKE EYES?

Bro, he looks like C3PO from EPISODE 1!

The bad thing with this line is that ir replacing our beloved 3 3/4 line.

Well, actually they suck, i dont think they will make it.

BTW f@uck assblow! :( @smilepunch@

why in the world would any one what to buy these sigma6 figs.

Because they look fantastic!!!!!

HUH?

Have you seen SNAKE EYES?

Bro, he looks like C3PO from EPISODE 1!

Different people have different tates.I respect everyones opinion if they dont like em'.After all these figures are a long way from the old style.I never really liked the small figures because I dont like any figures smaller than 5 inches.And I dont really want any vehicles either because they take up too much room.But thats just me.

I love the look of all 5 Sigma Six figures shown so far.That's my opinion and mine only.So while all you hate these I respect that....BUT I LOVE EM!!!!!

Yeah, no reason to get any proverbial panties in a bunch, I was simply stating that I do not care for the 12� figures (and obviously not too many people do, at least here, as you are about 1 out of 6 people on these boards that do).

Wasn’t saying that I hate the 12� figures, I simply just don’t care for them, and it seems they don’t move as fast or as well as the smaller figures, so maybe Hasbro could start with them.

so because you do not care for the 12" line Hasbro should axe it if it helps to save the 3" line, because that is the line you like. this only ccntinues the egocentric behavior, that the future of G.I. Joe should revolve around only what you like, other collectors with other interests should be considered only afterwards. again, this isn't a bash, this is what you are saying. the definition for this type of behavior or thought is egocentric: viewing everything in relation to ones self. I-I-I-I-I.

Before you go bashing people and claiming they're egotistical maybe you should look at the post from different perspectives. If indeed he feels that way maybe he should figure it out for himself because feeling you're superior to people on online forums is just ridiculous.

I don't mean to seem argumentative but how is claiming he was being egotistical a bash, when he was. see his own response. it's all about him and what he likes. being egotistical is being concerned with only your own self interest. telling Hasbro to save the line because it is what he likes is egotistical, is self serving, especially when he goes on to say essentially if you have to, cancel the 12" line if it helps to save the 3" line. that is self serving. that is egotistical. egocentric. ego everything. he is only concerned with himself. not other collectors. especially not other Joe collectors who don't like the same Joes that he does. not even G.I. Joe as a whole. that is an honest interpretation of what he said, and therefore cannot be bashing. actions have definitions that aren't up to interpretation. when someone acts a certain way, we have a word that defines it. egotistical is the word in this matter. you may not like the word, find it too harsh or whatever. but political correctness aside, it is accurate.

that being said, no hard feelings. I don't take it personally, I just like to clear the air and have things stated accurately and honestly. #US1# you are all my friends, even if I act like a jerk sometimes. :D

Gscbr: look around. How many others on this board do you think pull mostly for the 12� line? You guys are few and far between. Nothing wrong with that, I don’t HATE the 12’’ line, I just DONT BUY IT. That is what I mean by “don’t care for�. Im not saying I loathe and hate and abhor the line, I just do not prefer it. Neither do approximately 90% of the members that currently post on this board.

And you need to calm down with your egocentric accusations. Seriously. First of all, it is a letter that I wrote, of my opinion, therefore I am entitled to write what I want to say. I cannot speak for the entire crew of forum members here, though It is obvious that my thoughts echo throughout the feelings of the majority here. Secondly, you need to look no further than the very letter I wrote in the first place, where I do refer to US (as in the Joe fans) where Hasbro has helped US out by making changes that appease US and make US happier, and by US I also am alluding to the core base of fans who did not like the t-crotches, sound attack, etc.

In other words, if you are so upset about the 12� line going under, howsabout taking a few moments to write Hasbro yourself. Think of the potential impact you could have had on Hasbro by writing them while you were putting forth the energy you burned on this forum yacking about my ego-ness. I mean, “me me me� is one thing, but its not like Im on here talking about how proud I am of the size of my co¢k or anything.

Its all good though man. Hopefully none of these lines will ever really go anywhere. From a business decision, I think Hasbro would be dumb to drop any of them.

I still think that the 12" collectors have plenty of other lines to go to like Sideshow, BBI, etc... whereas arah fans really got the huge shaft, and most 12" fans realize this.

No kidding, what have the 3" fans got to replace the line? Corps? @loll@

in wal-marts eyes probably

Does this mean if Sigma Six line does well it will be the main theme for the GIJOE future?

I hope that the Sigma Six line goes long enough for them to release:

Destro

Zartan

Scarlet

Serpentor

Flint

Firefly

Beachhead

Dr Mindbender

Baroness

Stalker

So I hope they make at least 3 waves.Then all you 4 inch fans can have what you want.

They'll get as far as Scarlett, and due to "slowing sales" dump the line for a 20" statue line of popular G.I.Joe characters. doze.gif

Haha! Corps wouldn't have been SO bad if they didn't all have T-crotch now. But c'mon if I wanted a construction worker in hot pants and a tight muscle shirt I would be gay and playing with barbie. j/k

The thing about 12" is they never had names or personalities, whereas 3 3/4" were all specific characters that we loved, and in a great scale, perfect combo. Looks like Sigma is taking 8" - terrible scale for both 12 and 3" fans, and combining it with the cool characters but making them look completely ridiculous. Idk some people will eat this line up, but I'm pretty sure it's going to go the way of He-man New Adventures, GI Joe Extreme, or Ninja Turtles the Next Mutation. :D

I think hasbro could have avoided a ton of negativity by giving us what we have been asking for in the first place: 6 inch fully poseable figures.

Maybe these S6 figures will be what we are looking for and will appease, but that is unlikely now. taking away 12 inch and 3 3/4 inch figures from us at the same time is defininantly not the answer. ML style would have at least softened the blow

I think hasbro could have avoided a ton of negativity by giving us what we have been asking for in the first place: 6 inch fully poseable figures.

Maybe these S6 figures will be what we are looking for and will appease, but that is unlikely now. taking away 12 inch and 3 3/4 inch figures from us at the same time is defininantly not the answer. ML style would have at least softened the blow

While agree with you about the 6 inch figures, IMO this is what lead us into the sigma six line coming out. There has been a lot of the community asking for 6 inch figures for gijoe but instead getting 8 inch ones. HASBRO heard the community I am thinking and is trying to get some $$$ from us by putting out this line. I just hope it somewhat back fires on them and they see and realize that 3/3/4 line is the way to go.

Are we at least gonna get wave 1 of Robot Rebellion?  That's enough time for them to put a wave 8.

NO! After wave 7 the line is DONE-DEAD-FINISHED- put on hold, etc etc etc @grumpy@ @grumpy@ @grumpy@

I still think we might get it, remember at the end of VvsV it had overkills or a bats arm?

I'm wondering what Gonzo is doing for G.I. Joe? Will their OVA be Sigma Six based? As it looks the Sigma Six animation will be produced by the same studio that produced Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom (which both stunk in my humble opinion). As for my outlook on Sigma Six - if the plot follows that of Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom, which was heavily controlled by Hasbro as basically commericals to sell toys and not much character depth - it won't last. G.I. Joe Extreme comes to mind...

As for the 8 in" figures, I assume they thought that was a happy medium between 3 3/4" and 12"?

I truly wish Hasbro would take some lessons from DC & Marvel on how they've handled their characters for so long. For instance, I'm a big Smallville fan, yes it's a different spin on the Superman universe - but they've kept true to his origin. And Spider-man, for example, my dad had his comics - I grew up on the 80s & 90s cartoons, and now my two year old son is into Spider-man & Friends. Yet Spider-man has hardly changed in three generations and remains extremely popular. "Not you Dads G.I. Joe" - who do they think the kids parents are!

Just venting and trying to make logic of Hasbro's decisions, I'm sure that's the reason DePriest left the brand. I'm sure Hasbro will be bringing us back the 3 3/4" & 12" lines soon, let's just hope it won't be Sigma Six based!

Also, did any of you guys notice in the background of a picture of Diamond Select's booth from Toy Fair that stated only 15% of the market is made up by collectors? I find that hard to believe.

As for this year's convention, I'm sure it will be REAL interesting. You think any of Hasbro's reps will attend - I'd say they've have to be pretty brave indeed trying to defend their recent decisions.

I'm wondering what Gonzo is doing for G.I. Joe? Will their OVA be Sigma Six based? As it looks the Sigma Six animation will be produced by the same studio that produced Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom (which both stunk in my humble opinion). As for my outlook on Sigma Six - if the plot follows that of Spy Troops and Valor vs. Venom, which was heavily controlled by Hasbro as basically commericals to sell toys and not much character depth - it won't last. G.I. Joe Extreme comes to mind...

As for the 8 in" figures, I assume they thought that was a happy medium between 3 3/4" and 12"?

I truly wish Hasbro would take some lessons from DC & Marvel on how they've handled their characters for so long. For instance, I'm a big Smallville fan, yes it's a different spin on the Superman universe - but they've kept true to his origin. And Spider-man, for example, my dad had his comics - I grew up on the 80s & 90s cartoons, and now my two year old son is into Spider-man & Friends. Yet Spider-man has hardly changed in three generations and remains extremely popular. "Not you Dads G.I. Joe" - who do they think the kids parents are!

Just venting and trying to make logic of Hasbro's decisions, I'm sure that's the reason DePriest left the brand. I'm sure Hasbro will be bringing us back the 3 3/4" & 12" lines soon, let's just hope it won't be Sigma Six based!

Also, did any of you guys notice in the background of a picture of Diamond Select's booth from Toy Fair that stated only 15% of the market is made up by collectors? I find that hard to believe.

As for this year's convention, I'm sure it will be REAL interesting. You think any of Hasbro's reps will attend - I'd say they've have to be pretty brave indeed trying to defend their recent decisions.

I have a feeling that GONZO is doing the new sigma six cartoon.

I wonder how much hate, err I mean negative comments via email they have been getting since toy fair.

Dunno. I told the guy who wrote the press release that a lot of fans are feeling alienated and that we would NOT be buying it.

I realize it would be as pointless as a dust cover for a Rubicks Cube, but I dunno. I had to say something. I realized Id get no repy but Im hoping he at least saw it.

I wonder how much hate, err I mean negative comments via email they have been getting since toy fair.

Dunno. I told the guy who wrote the press release that a lot of fans are feeling alienated and that we would NOT be buying it.

I realize it would be as pointless as a dust cover for a Rubicks Cube, but I dunno. I had to say something. I realized Id get no repy but Im hoping he at least saw it.

I am sure that he saw it as well as all the other emails that they have been getting. They are probably shaking their heads saying "uhh ohh- what did we do!"