Response (sort Of)from 2 Hasbro Cust Svc Reps:

firestongue

This is the response I got from 2 reps...I ended up with 2 emails in my mailbox, one from a "Kelly" at Hasbro, and one from Bonnie and Kelly.

Here is what they had to say:

Subject

Please do not discontinue the 3.75 line

Discussion Thread

Response (Bonnie) 02/21/2005 10:47 AM

Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in our G.I. Joe product line.

Every generation has had their “own� G.I. Joe. In the 60s, it was real military, in the 70s, it was the Adventure team. The 80s saw the birth of Real American Hero and today’s kids will experience Sigma Six, which is simply “not your dad’s G.I. Joe�! With the launch of G.I. Joe Sigma Six, Hasbro once again “reinvents� action figures with an exciting new storyline, television programming and new action-packed figures that carry lots of gear for “covert operations.�

The G.I. Joe Sigma Six line will consist of five figures, a vehicle and role play item. We will refresh the line with additional figures. The retail price is $14.99 and we expect it to be available nationally this fall.

As part of our exciting relaunch, we decided to place the traditional 3-3/4� and 12� product lines on “furlough� so that we can focus our efforts on G.I. Joe Sigma Six theming, however both scales will be available through the spring of this year. In the fall, the line will be focused on Sigma Six.

Again, we want to thank you for contacting us! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond.

Response (Kelly) 02/21/2005 10:46 AM

Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in our G.I. Joe product line.

Every generation has had their “own� G.I. Joe. In the 60s, it was real military, in the 70s, it was the Adventure team. The 80s saw the birth of Real American Hero and today’s kids will experience Sigma Six, which is simply “not your dad’s G.I. Joe�! With the launch of G.I. Joe Sigma Six, Hasbro once again “reinvents� action figures with an exciting new storyline, television programming and new action-packed figures that carry lots of gear for “covert operations.�

The G.I. Joe Sigma Six line will consist of five figures, a vehicle and role play item. We will refresh the line with additional figures. The retail price is $14.99 and we expect it to be available nationally this fall.

As part of our exciting relaunch, we decided to place the traditional 3-3/4� and 12� product lines on “furlough� so that we can focus our efforts on G.I. Joe Sigma Six theming, however both scales will be available through the spring of this year. In the fall, the line will be focused on Sigma Six.

Again, we want to thank you for contacting us! We appreciate your feedback and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond. Auto-Response 02/20/2005 11:16 AM

An auto suggestion has been made to the consumer

Customer (Steve McMichael) 02/20/2005 11:16 AM

Hello,

I have thoroughly enjoyed the GIJOE action figures since I was a little boy and I received a handful of them as 'hand-me-downs' from my older brothers. I would spend COUNTLESS hours by my bedside playing with them at night, creating my own stories and living them out with the Joes.

Now that I have grown up, I began collecting these guys again several years ago with the Real Amercian Hero Colletion (Commemorative Series) that was released. I slowly started getting only a few of them (I remember Cobra Commander and Chameleon were the first). Then I got into the GI JOE vs. COBRA series, and have not stopped since. I even love buying the older ones from time to time as well (from the 80s and 90s that is). I have a bonus room full of toys, but GIJOE has been my primary focus and the action figures and vehicles cover about half of it.

Now I am hearing that this line may be cancelled or 'retired'. I am writing to urge you not to do this. I am feeling shamed for not writing sooner--I did write a few years ago just to say thanks for doing a good job, but I am back now to urge you even more to continue doing such a fantastic job with packaging, shipping, and distributing these figures, not to mention the great detail, paint, and quality of them. Even further, you guys have actually listened to us fans, giving us more of what we want and changing certain aspects of the product at times to better suit us. You, Hasbro, are commended for this and Thousands of collectors salute you for it.

I see that this new "Sigma 6" line is coming out. While it looks fun, I am going to hold off on getting this for now, especialy if the 3 3/4" line is put on hold. I watched you guys move far ahead of Mattel and its Masters of the universe line (another fave of mine) as you actually listened to us and persisted. Now it looks like Toy Biz' Marvel Legends line may end up replacing G.I. Joe for me if you guys are to cancel the smaller joes product.

Please let this just be a rumor and again listen to your core fans--do not retire the 3 3/4 inch Joes...it would not behoove you at all. If anything, let the 12" guys go...while they also have a large fan base, I can tell you I wont be heart broken at all to see that go.

Thank you,

firestongue

Question Reference #050220-000070

Product: G.I.Joe

Sub-Product: 3.75 Inch Figures

Category: Consumer Satisfaction

Date Created: 02/20/2005 11:16 AM

Last Updated: 02/21/2005 10:47 AM

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasbro and their "exciting relaunch" can suck my butt.

The issues with the 3/3/4 line were fixable. It seems kinds rash to invest what they did in the 3/3/4 line to stop the entire line and throw it in a totally different direction, due to "slowing sales", which Hasbro was to blame for anyway.

I gotta say, I am impressed that at least they put the thought enough into it to give us an automated-like response from all their customer Service reps==and they do it in a timely manner. But on that same token it is sad that they both said the same thing (maybe they are a team or one is in training...).

At anyrate, they havent heard the last of me, and I urge you all to continue writing. I think if they truly hear our voice over the next few months, they will realize they are making a bad mistake.

Someone else said it best in another topic in this Joe forum: 'instead of paying $7 for 2 figures, hasbro wants us to pay 14.99 for 1???"

That is not good.

I guess HABSRO still does not get it, maybe with the sales on this new line will help them realize that we are the ones that are really supporting their Joe product when they have 3/3/4 figures.

I still predict 3 3/4 Joes will be back by this time next year.

Draven

I sure hope so, but I wonder if they will release the last wave they listed as well as the vehicles that we "supposed" to come out as well as comic pack 9. All I know is I hope that we hear from them at the con and not just about the new line, it will piss off the majority of the people attending.

Cancelling the 12 inch I think people can understand. What collectors don't understand is why is Hasbro sacrificing the very popular 3 3/4 line for the new SIGMA SIX? Everything was going very well. The new Wave 7 impressed everybody and we hoped to see Wave 8@hmmm@ Then all of a sudden this comes out? Does this mean if Sigma Six line does well it will be the main theme for the GIJOE future? Only time will tell. But to me that Hasbro is willing or should I say definitely screwing the die hards gijoe collectors just for the new kids who is probably is NOT interested in toys like we were back in the 70-80s. Today's kids are more into playing magic card games, Ipods, cellphones, and Nintendo DS games. @grumpy@

i too will almost put money that the 3 3/4 format will be back next year. like its been said many times before, its the year of star wars, hasbro needs to clear it all off the shelves because next year, its just going to be the collectors interested in star wars. they can afford to have two 3 3/4 lines against each other when they need to move as much star wars as possible. hasbro cant do for it what tb does for lotr.

Does this mean if Sigma Six line does well it will be the main theme for the GIJOE future?

I hope that the Sigma Six line goes long enough for them to release:

Destro

Zartan

Scarlet

Serpentor

Flint

Firefly

Beachhead

Dr Mindbender

Baroness

Stalker

So I hope they make at least 3 waves.Then all you 4 inch fans can have what you want.

Please let this just be a rumor and again listen to your core fans--do not retire the 3 3/4 inch Joes...it would not behoove you at all. If anything, let the 12" guys go...while they also have a large fan base, I can tell you I wont be heart broken at all to see that go.

are you serious or was this just a joke?

if you are going to write a letter to Hasbro that you think merits a serious response, you can't be so egotisitical as to take the stance that they should only continue to make a product because simply you like it.

Dear Hasbro, I like 3 3/4" Joes but not the 12" Joes, so please only cancel the 12" Joes because I don't like them but keep the 3 3/4" Joes because I do like them. I like them very much. I don't like Sigma Six, so please keep making the 3 3/4" Joes because I do like the 3 3/4" Joes and I want to buy more of them. if you need to cancel a line, cancel the 12" Joes, I'm sure those collectors don't feel the same way about the 12" Joes like I feel about the 3 3/4" Joes so they are expendable. you don't need to worry about how the 12" fans feel, only about what I like, so you should run the G.I. Joe brand based only on what I like, because what I like is all that is important.

I think he was trying to say that most 12" fans were more pleased with other companies 12" stuff that they didn't ever care if hasbro's joe was canned. I'm sure not all felt like that but I know a lot probably did.

Before you go bashing people and claiming they're egotistical maybe you should look at the post from different perspectives. If indeed he feels that way maybe he should figure it out for himself because feeling you're superior to people on online forums is just ridiculous.

are you serious or was this just a joke?

if you are going to write a letter to Hasbro that you think merits a serious response, you can't be so egotisitical as to take the stance that they should only continue to make a product because simply you like it.

Dear Hasbro, I like 3 3/4" Joes but not the 12" Joes, so please only cancel the 12" Joes because I don't like them but keep the 3 3/4" Joes because I do like them. I like them very much. I don't like Sigma Six, so please keep making the 3 3/4" Joes because I do like the 3 3/4" Joes and I want to buy more of them. if you need to cancel a line, cancel the 12" Joes, I'm sure those collectors don't feel the same way about the 12" Joes like I feel about the 3 3/4" Joes so they are expendable. you don't need to worry about how the 12" fans feel, only about what I like, so you should run the G.I. Joe brand based only on what I like, because what I like is all that is important.

Yeah, no reason to get any proverbial panties in a bunch, I was simply stating that I do not care for the 12� figures (and obviously not too many people do, at least here, as you are about 1 out of 6 people on these boards that do).

And as you can see from the rest of my letter, which wasn’t merely scribbled on a napkin, I was pretty serious and I did get a somewhat serious response.

Wasn’t saying that I hate the 12� figures, I simply just don’t care for them, and it seems they don’t move as fast or as well as the smaller figures, so maybe Hasbro could start with them.

Thanks Leonardo, that is more along the lines of what I was getting at.

Does this mean if Sigma Six line does well it will be the main theme for the GIJOE future?

I hope that the Sigma Six line goes long enough for them to release:

Destro

Zartan

Scarlet

Serpentor

Flint

Firefly

Beachhead

Dr Mindbender

Baroness

Stalker

So I hope they make at least 3 waves.Then all you 4 inch fans can have what you want.

@smilepunch@ no, no no lol. We didnt even get a Serpentor in VvsV which was the perfect line to give him to us. If they made him i'd have to get him, but he'd become a statue for the 3 and 3/4 figures.

Hasbro and their "exciting relaunch" can suck my butt.

i dont think i could have said it better myself. @loll@

hey ska i posted here holy shizzle!

welcome back, now grab your torches and pitch forks and show up at the convention.

Yeah, no reason to get any proverbial panties in a bunch, I was simply stating that I do not care for the 12� figures (and obviously not too many people do, at least here, as you are about 1 out of 6 people on these boards that do).

Wasn’t saying that I hate the 12� figures, I simply just don’t care for them, and it seems they don’t move as fast or as well as the smaller figures, so maybe Hasbro could start with them.

so because you do not care for the 12" line Hasbro should axe it if it helps to save the 3" line, because that is the line you like. this only ccntinues the egocentric behavior, that the future of G.I. Joe should revolve around only what you like, other collectors with other interests should be considered only afterwards. again, this isn't a bash, this is what you are saying. the definition for this type of behavior or thought is egocentric: viewing everything in relation to ones self. I-I-I-I-I.

Before you go bashing people and claiming they're egotistical maybe you should look at the post from different perspectives. If indeed he feels that way maybe he should figure it out for himself because feeling you're superior to people on online forums is just ridiculous.

I don't mean to seem argumentative but how is claiming he was being egotistical a bash, when he was. see his own response. it's all about him and what he likes. being egotistical is being concerned with only your own self interest. telling Hasbro to save the line because it is what he likes is egotistical, is self serving, especially when he goes on to say essentially if you have to, cancel the 12" line if it helps to save the 3" line. that is self serving. that is egotistical. egocentric. ego everything. he is only concerned with himself. not other collectors. especially not other Joe collectors who don't like the same Joes that he does. not even G.I. Joe as a whole. that is an honest interpretation of what he said, and therefore cannot be bashing. actions have definitions that aren't up to interpretation. when someone acts a certain way, we have a word that defines it. egotistical is the word in this matter. you may not like the word, find it too harsh or whatever. but political correctness aside, it is accurate.

that being said, no hard feelings. I don't take it personally, I just like to clear the air and have things stated accurately and honestly. #US1# you are all my friends, even if I act like a jerk sometimes. :D

why in the world would any one what to buy these sigma6 figs.

Because they look fantastic!!!!!

Not really.

Granted, I only have these little pictures to view, but the figures don't look all that great. I'd think with over twice the size of the namesake figures, we would be seeing greater detailing and more realistic looking human bodies. But we don't. Heavy Duty has SQUARE muscles! #WTF#

Lets not forget price, and lack of vehicles and accessories compared to the 3" line as well.

I see only 3 things can happen:

1) Sigma Six will be popular and become THE new line.

2) Sigma Six will be a total bust and Hasbro will return to 3" size.

3) Sigma Six will be a bust and Hasbro will cancel G.I. Joe entirely.

I think we all KNOW which result we want.

I might add that, had they been SIX inches instead of EIGHT, people could at least interact them with Marvel Legends. There again is one of the flaws.