Update On 3 3/4" Line

gijoebase

I recently spoke to a hasbro rep about the 3 3/4" line, at first she said that it was on a hiatus status, as we all have known for a few days now. I then asked her how long this would last, and she fumbled with her words but said that the line is completely going away, and that the new size is in fact replacing it.

I'm not sure, but I guess when Hasbro said the line had a hiatus status, they must have meant GI Joe in general, as it seems to me as if the 3 3/4" line is not returning at all. This disappoints me because I was in the process on opening a new online store. I wanted to focus on new 3 3/4" figures. It does not appear as if this will work out anymore.

To tell the truth I don't think we've yet got an answer from anyone who actaully knows more than the offical "hiatus" Line.. all you do by asking the same person for clarification is force them to either repeat themselves, ignore you or take a wild guess.

You'll have to excuse me here, I want you to understand I'm not calling you a liar, however...............

Given the uproar on the change, the statements made above, as could many other supposed insider claims, could stand some verification.

For example:

When did this conversation take place?

What is the name of the rep?

What, if its valid, were the circumstances of the conversation?

See, ANYONE can make any kind of claim....and people do for various reasons.........and all its does is drive the frenzy of the uproar.

I can respect this kind of info, and the messenger of it as well, if there's more teeth to it.

Merely coming along and saying that this vague person said this about that..........the ambiguity just leads to more speculation.

Personally, I'm tired of reading things into this, and reading other people doing the same. Some actual names, dates, places and faces can go a long way to cementing this thing down.

Can you fill in the holes???

I can atest to this information. This has been going around from various online retailers who attended this year. I believe their day to view was Monday, as such, the reasons for the news not coming forth until today makes perfect sense.

But do you blame Hasbro? They want S6 to thrive as such are willing to focus the line's budget on this project if not adding additional capitol to push the marketing. It's not like Hasbro is in the business of intentionally making products flop.

Even if G.i.Joe is dead, they will be back. We all know this is what is going to happen, whether it is a year or 2 they will return. I hate this so much, but at least I have a little hope for return of my favorite and ONLY toy line.I am not going to go crazy like everybody else is on these forums, we all know the situation so I don't know why there has to be so many threads on the same thing, just startingup more controversy. I am going to try to stop this, I don't know how, but it would be better to listen to positive thinking again.I hope I am not the only one on here that thinks this way.

Personaly I don't see why everyones getting there pantys in a bunch! Dispite what these guys are saying I Dout its actaully whats going to happen... Sure the line may be held off for a while or even a year or two but SO WHAT!!

I'm sure there will still be comic 3 packs put out every now & then, as well as joe club exlusives & what not... & I'm sure the guys at the convention have there stuff well planed out in advance & have the figures allready to go...

& even if the line is down for a bit again, so what! I mean really though... So the line dies out for a bit, it won't go away for good! All this "break" means is that you guys have a chance to either

A Save up some o that hard earned cash for when the figures DO come out again

B Save up some of that hard earned cash, for vintage items. Heck maybe some of you loose guys could even finaly save up some cash to buy some decent misb/mosc items, if just open in the end :P

& of corse there is allways... ARMY building! I've seen some o you're all collections & some of em are most impresive! But I'm sure that theres allways work to be done on em.

A line going away for a bit is not a BAD thing! I'm a TF nut as some of you may well know, personaly I'd love it of TF were to take a break for a couple of years! I could finaly catch up on a decent amount of stuff with out even worrying about missing out on future stuff!!

No rep is going to tell you the truth, trust me. They probably do not even know.

Draven

Yeah....I had a Mattel Rep flat out tell me a bold face lie before about the MOTU line. Said that Wal-Mart and Target would have the "MOTU vs Snakemen " line on the shelves for christmas.....I think we all know how that turned out. They just tell you what they are told to tell...they don't know anything more then what is on the little piece of paper in front of them.

I really think what´s going to happenned is that the new GIJOE Sigma6 line is going to replace the 3 3/4 line like in 1995 with GIJOE Extreme and 2 season cartoon, then for shure Hasbro is going to comeback with the original 3 3/4 line (Maybe for Collectors only like in 1997).

One thing for shure is going to happened and 3 3/4 line is going to be out of business for 1 or the next 2 years!!!