My Last Day's As A G.i.joe Fan

Agrevane

The Other Day When I saw the 8" line I thought it would be a great addition to The 3 3/4 line. I had No Idea the Where Going to cancel the 3 3/4 all together. I was thinking it would be like there 8" star wars Line That I was tempted to by the Other Day.

I am on my last leg With G.I.Joe. I have been collecting every sense I have been In High School Witch Dates Back to the 1980's, when Hasbro Canceled G.I.Joe the First Time it Almost Broke Me then. IF, but if when the do it this time I will never Go back. I mite decide this Weekend Sail All My Joe Stuff. That Is How Ticked I am about all of this.

Sorry Hasbro G.I. Joe but You Are About To be fired.

For A while Know I have Been Buying into Miniature Games Mech Warriors, Hero Clix, D&D and Star Wars Miniatures. This Will Probably Be the Only Thing I by In the Future. If I was Wizard, OR Wizard of the Cost I would try to get as far away from Hasbro as Possible

I haven't seen you here in a while.

I don't blame you for being mad; just about every Joe fan is right now. What bothers me the most is that no matter what, we are a good "plan B," so they can pull whatever they want to and get away with it as long as they follow up with going back to their old stuff. It's a major abuse of customer loyalty from the way I see it. Are they really that willing to sacrifice a well-established base just to pander to kids who couldn't care less?

I think you might be a little premature in your giveing up on Joes...Just give it some time. I think if you leave now you are gonna miss out on something good....and no I don't mean Sigma Six. I think that's gonna sink like a boat made out of Swiss cheese. What I mean is I don't think the small joes are dead....and that we will see them beside the S6 stuff...just not right off the bat. Or at least that's what I hope happens. I just don't see Hasbro makeing all those mold for new figures and vehicles and then not releaseing them in some form. Each one of those mold cost the same as most poeple get paid a year....and there has to be a lot of new mold...so I don't think they'll just let them sit.

Yeah Im still imagining we will see some stuff in the form of Toys R Us Exclusives or collectors packs... even when the line was dead for many years there was still something coming out here and there... Im holding on to the hopes that maybe we will still get occasional collectors releases..... That would work fine for me... I prefer ARAH repaints, and Im a collector with a family, so if I only get a few things a year that makes my life easier... That would be ok for me....

Phanstar

Yeah....they handled this whole thing very poorly, hopefully they'll correct that in the coming weeks.

But I wouldn't take it out on the Joe Divison of Hasbro. I bet they are just as pissed as we are with all the work they were putting into the small joes. I mean look at Wave 7...and the listing on what was going to be wave 8. I bet they being forced to stay silent about it by higher ups. So if you are gonna send your firery arrows at someone, I'd say take aim at the big wigs, not the guys that are actually working hard on the Joes. Or Wal-Mart...they were usually the ones comeing in and makeing you have stuff like Action Attack, Sound Attack, and two-packs instead of single carded figures.

A lot of GIJoe fans have been collecting for 10, 15 or even 20 years and the news of the pulling of the 3 ¾� figures have left a lot of fans feeling betrayed and angry, and truth be told while I haven't been a Joe fan for years now I can understand where everyone is coming from.

But I don’t think you should let anyone stop you from enjoying your hobby, after all there are still quite a few figures yet to come out, so if you like those get them. Also I have seen quite a few of your (everyone) collections and I have to say they are quite impressive, as long as looking at the figures, posing them and maybe even playing with them gives you joy then you know what, all the time, money and effort you had invested into your collection was not in vein.

Don’t let what feels like a low blow take you out of the game. (also as long as there’s money to be made from the 3 ¾� figures I think they will be back)

-Snow

You Are All correct on what you are saying. Yet you can't help to feel the Pain every time someone tries to pull the string on your Hobbies. I really don’t know what to think any more.

Just look what they did with the Transformer Cartoon.

Something big is an 8" figure.

Since cartoons take awhile to make, the decision to make Sigma Six an 8" line has probably been in the pipe for many months.

Back in 1994, originally Sgt. Savage wasn't supposed to replace the 3 3/4" line. But corporate suits made that decision in disregard to the fans and the people who actually worked on 3 3/4" GI JOE. And that's probably what happened this time, too.

I understand your anger, but honestly I think if you sell it now, you'll regret it later. Just because they are dropping the line (hopefully for only a while) doesn't mean you have to give up. Those figures that you've collected should mean the same to you now, as it did before the news broke.

You can do what I did when Transformers Beast Machines first came out. I hated the line so instead of using the money I normally would on it, I spent money on figures that I missed out on in the past.

man trust me we all know how you feel im about to say im never going to buy them again . but if or when they do come back and there as good or better then wave 7 ill buy them but if there like JvC wave 1 then hell no. but we all have to just give it time .

first, if it is gone or cancelled, why would u stop? Complete your collection or do something else, or buy statues or something. I mean the line was bound to end someday, I am glad we still have the collectos club, where we at least will get a new product once a year, at the least. I'm gonna start looking on the brighter side of things from now on.

I just don't understand how someone gets to I'm going to sell my figures just because I can't buy new ones. if you bought what you have because you liked them then you liked them independently of whether new figures were coming or not.

if you only bought what you have because you wanted what came next, why would you do that? why not skip what you bought and wait for what came next? of course, this wouldn't make any sense because you would be stuck continually waiting for what's next. but it makes as much sense as selling what you have because no new product is coming in the immediate future.

look at your favorite figure. do you like it any less because you may never get a new sculpt Scrap Iron. if the answer is yes go ahead and sell, because you never liked the figure anyway.

childish. just childish. cry4.gif

I think most of us hear fell you pain Agrevane, but don't make yourself miseralbe because of a bad marketing idea. Instead we should all let Hasbro know that they are not bighting but "cutting off" the hands that feed them. I would like to hope that whoever sold this idea (putting the 3 3/4 inch line on hold) to the higher ups will get FIRED FIRED FIRED and NEVER NEVER NEVER work in the toy industry again!!! Yeah I'm bitter lol...

ya know i dont know why hasbro just doesnt give the 3 3/4 to one of those smaller companies! that do mainly collector stuff you know like the stuff you can only buy online and in comic shops? they have no interest in doing it right so they might as well! they could focus on sigma six and the collectors could still get stuff they wanted? just thinking out loud is all!

TM

Hell, I'm NEVER selling or giving away ANY of my G.I.Joe collection. I still love the stuff, and it's not all my old Joe toys that are to blame for their makers bad habits.

I plan on playing with all this stuff when I'm starting to get old and senial and my grandkids put me in a nursing home or something. I'll just request my toys go with me, and it'll be like being a kid all over again. Someone to feed me, bath me, put me to bed, wipe my a$$ and in between all that, PLAY ALL DAY WITH MY JOES!!!

WOO HOO!!! @bounce@

Just pack them up nice and put them away for a little while. Dont burn any bridges.

Yep I guess I could pack them, it would make My Wife Happy. I could here now "Look at all that space thank You Honey."

Just pack them up nice and put them away for a little while. Dont burn any bridges.

Yep I guess I could pack them, it would make My Wife Happy. I could here now "Look at all that space thank You Honey."

Hell no! Don't give up any space, it'll be harder to get it back later once all her shoes and purses are there.

Don't listen to them. Give up buying GI Joes. You will have money that you can actually accumulate rather than going out every week to ransack stores for the latest figures.

I've been GI Joe free since August and I'm as happy as I've been in a long time. Pack up all your stuff, label it so you can look at it years from now, and enjoy the rest of your life. It's worth it.

The thing is ProckoZero that sometimes people actually LIKE Gi Joe... ;)

Sometimes life gets me really down so down that I feel like utter crap, then I just stare at my Joes and I feel better, it's weird. We have this hobby for a reason, we enjoy it. I tried quitting buying toys for a couple months and it was hell. It was like trying to stop smoking cigs, but rather than just being annoyed or bored I was depressed.

I guess we all need something to do, and maybe something will come up that you want to devote time to. Some people play guitar, some people collect stamps. We like toys, that's why we're here.