Damn You Jakks!

n8dawgaic

Well, my biggest fear has come true.

Jakks will be changing their line, again.

If you haven't seen the Toy Fair pics, when you do look at the Batista with the umm mid-section articulation and out of scale heads you'll know what I mean. It is a prototype that is not only going to take over the RA but even the Classics are gonna have this...oy vey.

Naw, Earthquake was the old way.

I hope you guys are right and they look well on display because I will be really mad if I hafta re-buy everyone again (well, at least guys I have no interest in having more then one of)

I can't belive this company. WWE figures are just absolutly atrocious. I've don't believe Ive ever seen worse! I've never seen such a cheap company. They've been making WWF/E figures for damn near 10 years, and they only have about a dozen sculpts. It's pathetic.

Having said that, the new In Scale ring is damn cool.

And it's really sad that all these teenagers over at wrestlingfigs.com has signed a petition to have Jakks not go through with it...

118 signitures to have RA stay the same

30 to have it change

I SURE hope Jakks doesn't cave into the pressure...I hate kids. We didn't storm LJN's offices when the line was cancelled then nor did we do Hasbro's office...These kids wield too much power with the internet and their keyboards.

I just wish they would leave Classic Series alone...

And just because I'm not liking the new prototype doesn't make me a "kid," I don't plan on blowing Jakks' corporate headquarters up...

how can people NOT want more articulation for WRESTLING figures?

The biggest turn off for me with jakks toys is not only the shared torsos but the inarticulate legs, especially at the hips! Wrestlers are supposed to contort in all sorts of positions for ultimate playability. They should have taken the ball-joint idea from MOTU.

I'm happy about this new change, maybe just maybe I might buy my first modern wrestling figures now.

I might start buying more WWE figs as well. I always pass on them, because even though I'm 23 with 2 kids, I still buy and occassionally play with the toys I buy. I've always passed on them because they're nothing more at this point then slightly articulated statues. If they can retain the good sculpts for likeness, _and_ make them into actual toys that can _move_, then I'm all for it. I mean, c'mon, last time I checked, Batista and the rest of the WWE roster could actually TOUCH THEIR TOES. :D

Did you know that the people in charge of the Wrestling ling in Jakks is 2 women? I met them a couple weeks ago, cuz I went up to NYC to visit someone w/ my best friend. He works for Jakks so he gave us a tour around, a few days b4 they had their toy fair for all the buyers.. They were working on it right then. It was sooo cool. We met the ladies in charge of the WWE Toy line. They are really nice. Found out that it's always been women in charge of the line... interesting! :D

Did you know that the people in charge of the Wrestling ling in Jakks is 2 women? I met them a couple weeks ago, cuz I went up to NYC to visit someone w/ my best friend. He works for Jakks so he gave us a tour around, a few days b4 they had their toy fair for all the buyers.. They were working on it right then. It was sooo cool. We met the ladies in charge of the WWE Toy line. They are really nice. Found out that it's always been women in charge of the line... interesting! :D

That's cool. I think they're doing a pretty good job.

Classics don't need to be playable...kids more then likely aren't buying these!

I can understand your frustration if you've invested a lot of $$$ on all the wrestlers they did produce in RA-style just to change it up mid-stream.

But you can't fault the progress of the action figure industry. Where we use to have O-ring, swivel arm action Joes, we've now got 30 points of articulated Joe-scaled Micromen! When Transformers G1-BW were basically statues in robot form, we've now got Alternators that prove just how far toy engineering has come. Marvel Legends is the next evolution of the action figure. And for those that don't like the super articulation, there was always the cool mix the 4Horsemen gave us with the MOTU sculpts with ball-joints.

The point is these are wrestling action figures, more than any other action figure these toys should be highly playable. I bought a Chris Benoit RA figure for the NWA World belt to give to my WCW Galoobs (which have no articulation but are great statue replicas), and I was so pissed off about the legs and how stupid the movement was. How can anyone really fully enjoy these toys when they can't even make Chris Jericho do a proper boston crab/lion tamer.

I know the argument is that more articulation means the figure looks bad and if it gets loose then the figure is junk. But honestly, I've had micromen figures and Altnernators and I can't complain about the joints being loose at all.

Wrestlers should be fully articulated so you can actually set up the cool moves you see in the ring. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but my G.I. Joe made the best wrestlers for me growing up, just because of their level of articulation.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE