Will You Buy The New G.I. Joe S6 Line?

GTA Sith

Will you buy the new G.I. Joe S6 Line?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the new G.I. Joe S6 Line?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe but I'm not sure

My answer would be hell no, I love the 3 3/4 inch G.I. Joe line. Right now kids are picking up the VvV, I see there father who were into G.I. Joe buy these figures for these kids because they grow up with them. But the new S6 line will be another G.I. Joe Extreme crap again. Remeber that line didn't last that long and many G.I Joe fan hated it. Hasbro is making a big mistake on this line and if it failed (which it will) then they have to go back to that G.I. Joe was being a great action figure line that is.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure at this point. They no doubt look like how the coming Gonzo cartoon will look like, and I kinda don't like it.

Maybe after a few waves (if it survives that long) they'll get better.......

Like so many others here, I am upset at Hasbro's insistence on cancelling all other Joe lines in their shameless attempt to force Joe fans to deal with it. Did they really have to cancel the comic packs and other stuff too?

No.

There's already too many things out with that "animated style". I can't see Joe looking like Jackie Chan Adventures. You can already see the characters look like they're 17-20 yrs old.

I MIGHT'VE been more open minded IF the figures were not 8", or they didn't can 3-3/4".

But I don't need Teenage Mutant Ninja JOE.

Now we get to sit back and watch as this really harms Hasbro. Someone's job will go into "hiatus" because of this.

COMIC THREE PACKS WERE THE BEST THING TO HAPPEN TO GI JOE IN A LONG TIME...

MY ANSWER IS TOTALLY..........

HELL NO

And I will just cry if I the new cartoon is like the Spy Troops movie!

I don't mind the idea of a stylized cartoon.

But I DO mind them getting rid of 3 3/4" figures.

To tell you the truth, I don't care if they put out an 8" line, but even if they had kept the 3 3/4" lines (which I hope they do - at least the comic packs) I probably wouldn't have gotten them. I don't have the space, or the inclination, to start collecting another line...

Ive never been a completist so I wont be buying every figure. When I see more Cobra figures I may cave in a buy a few. Im curious what Destro, Cobra Commander and the Baroness may look like. So far i think Duke is pretty cool. This line will come and Go. It wont change anything. I think Kids will love them and therefore savy collectors will pick some up. When more figure are shown I predict many of you will cave in and buy at least one. @loll@ @loll@

you know what...why is it when everybody says "hell no i won't buy the new line" they follow up with the statement "because i love the 3 3/4 line"? @hmmm@ do you feel like you are betraying something or somebody?

trust me, i love 3 3/4 JOES just like the next red blooded american. i have tens of thousands worth of them in my closet...i don't spend or invest my money like that with toys i just "like". but i don't think it's realy fair to yourselves if you try to make yourself not like the line because they are canceling the 3 3/4 line. IMO, the two don't have anything to do with each other. i think the 3 3/4 was doomed no matter what....i think this is just an attempt to keep the G.I.JOE name out there. that's why they are not mass producing them and maybe that's why the price is so high. if they hadn't announced the canning of the 3 3/4 line at the same time they announced this line i think ALOT more people would have jumped on these figures.

i for one like the figures...i'm just not feelin' the 8" scale.

Not going to buy them.

For me, it's quite simple. They are not 3 3/4. That is what I collect. Not only GI Joe, but other lines. Some Star Wars, alot of Gundams(the Gelgoogs and Zakus make excellent BATS), Army of Darkness(major quality control problems there, but they are getting better).

I'm not saying these figures are crap. They could be the coolest thing ever. Won't make a difference though. I've dabbled in other scales, Marvel Legends, Old X-man figures, Exo-Squad, Mask, Starcom. None of them did it for me like Joes though.

I do agree that if they hadn't canned the other lines, more people would of been excited. It would of been like Star Wars Unleashed. Thing is, I don't buy Star Wars Unleashed either. But I have a choice between 3 3/4 starwars and other scales. Not here though. Its sigma or no Joe toys.

Hasbro has every right to do what they are doing. I'm not sure what their motives are, but I'm sure they aren't sinister. Maybe they don't want Joes to compete with Star Wars. Maybe the Joe 3 3/4 line wasn't making money. They have their reasons.

Fortunately, Joe isn't the only 3 3/4 figures out there. My favorite, yes, but not the only one. And if Hasbro decides to start churning out more 3 3/4 figures, I will probably buy them.

Sorry for the rant, this just has been festering inside for a bit.

i may pick some up if they look good in person. i'll admit, they interest me somewhat. i just wish the scale was 6 inch so that they would fit in with other lines better like marvel legends. why does each toy line have to have it's own scale? even 7 inch fits in better than 8 inch.

i do like how they have cloth pants and straps and such.. but the price point may be too high for me if they indeed will be $15. 6 inch and about $8 would have been perfect imo..

I will be getting all of them and as far as people telling others to shut up and are we supposed to be adults or what.

I for one am very sad to see the 3 3/4 line be put on hold,but I think people are just getting way out of hand with this,its not going to bring the line back and sooner and we all might be dead wrong and they have some plans for the line and just not telling us at this point.

Things change some us just got to get used to it.Alot of people were on here bashing the line anyway so what gives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope to see some coool topics going on this one is getting old I think LIKE JOE RYHNO SAID I will take a few days off from posting..........

Not a chance... I don't like the scale, don't like the look of the figures we've seen, and that's not even taking the resentment of cancelling the 3 3/4" line into consideration.

I don't see how anything good can come of this. Sure, we're getting a new cartoon, but if it's portraying the GI Joe team as a bunch of hip young action stars, it's not worth it. If kids really get into this line, the bottom line at Hasbro will say that this 8" line stays and the rest stay gone.

I know I'm echoing all the other naysayers about this topic, but this is a considered response and not a knee-jerk reaction. This Sigma Six idea, in and of itself, sucks. Everything else that's going to happen as a result just adds insult to injury.