Im Kinda Excited For S6!

EMB

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one quite like the larger scale line, specialy all the neato accessorys they come with!  Just look at all the crud snakeeyes & storm shadow get!

What are ya gonna do with all those accessories? All the 12" toys had cool accessories! Cool accessories alone do not a cool toy make!

The same thing I do with any other accessory thank you very much :) I actaully can't wait to see these suckers in stores

The same thing I do with any other accessory thank you very much  I actaully can't wait to see these suckers in stores

Im so glad to see someone out there likes them too. Im hoping these are like the beast wars figs for trans fans. They sort of created a new generation of fans while bringing the old fans back in. I realize that some here will never like them, but those people were always complaining about the direction of the little(3 3/4") figs anyway.

If 3 3/4" was good enough for US, its good enough for the kids.

That's like saying the G1 Transformers are what people should be buying for their kids today...

Ya know maybe that would knock some sense into Hasbro and make them realize that we want the characters to be like they were twenty years ago with updated toys like MoTU did. Only Hasbro would be able to pull it off unlike Mattel.....ughhh.... @grumpy@

If 3 3/4" was good enough for US, its good enough for the kids.

That's like saying the G1 Transformers are what people should be buying for their kids today...

That is a totaly incorrect comparision. Kids today are b uying transformers similar to old ones. Transformers always had different/confusing scales for their characters, there main thing was that they transform. These guys still transform today. Hasbro did would they should have (well most of the time) they improved articulation and gave some characters some updated looks. Don't think the old and new can be compatabile? I stuck my g1 prime tailer on armada prime (with just a minor shaving) and ta-duh! looks great.

Now this comparision would work if you were saying that tfs today are all megazords.

Now Joe (since rah, and these are RAH characters) have been 3 3/4 occasionaly 12 "s but not at the cost of the little guys. They have always had many characters, and vehicles. and there were designed to be little soliders you could have big fights with with vehicles, still the same today.

The little solider characters with potential tobuild an army equates with Tfs transforming gimmick. It's what makes it. You can't do that with these big overpriced guys.

Notice Doc said 3 3/4" not Rah. I love rah they still have better vehicle designs than the new ones, and i'm one of the most pro new sculpt guys on the board. Joe would have to get updated in their sculpting details from time to time, but not their size. They would need to add new articulation (ball neck, swivel arm, swivel wrist) they would need new characters from time to time, but this isn't what hasbro is doing in this movie.

This isn't a Rah joe for a new generation. This a new joe using rah characters, and that's not cool. It's taking a concept about soliders and turning into something that it is not.

and Tf lines never KILLED the line before them

It's been said that people are confusing rah with joe, waiaminute This is useing rah! HELLO????

I think you missed my point totally, my point was simply this, just because a product was good for you doesn’t mean it's going to be good or interesting for the current generation of toy buyers (mainly young kids).

again, change isn't always the enemy, but this isn't just a change, this is a new thing that killed and mocked the old line.

again, change isn't always the enemy, but this isn't just a change, this is a new thing that killed and mocked the old line.

This is your opinion and I respect that, but I don't really see this as mocking anything. Im just glad joe is still around when most kids would rather be playing video games.

This is your opinion and I respect that, but I don't really see this as mocking anything. Im just glad joe is still around when most kids would rather be playing video games.

That’s a good point I mean from their point of view why use your imagination when you can have your adventure played out right before you eyes on your tv.

why does heavy duty have a bandaid on his nose.  I dont know if I'm going to buy any.

Its probably to appeal to the rapper demographic.

He's the Joe version of 'Nelly'. @smilepunch@

I believe thats a breath right strip. Many athletes wear them during games. It helps open the nasal passage ways. Why they chose to put it on a Joe figure is beyond me.

why does heavy duty have a bandaid on his nose.  I dont know if I'm going to buy any.

I believe thats a breath right strip. Many athletes wear them during games. It helps open the nasal passage ways. Why they chose to put it on a Joe figure is beyond me.

Hey even Joes need to "breath right", right? :D

I'm all for Sigma. I know a lot of people are upset about it and that's fine, they have every right to be. However, i've been done buying the 3 3/4 line for a while now. I'm happy with my collection the way it is and have no intention on expanding it.

I'm certainly not going to collect all the Sigma figures that come out, however I'm looking forward to Storm Shadow and the eventual Cobra Commander considering all the accessories he will come with. They will look good on display.

Now with the show, again i'm excited about it. Gonzo is handling Galaxy Force very well and I'm interested in seeing how they are going to handle GI Joe. Sure it might turn out to be a bust, but time will tell.

I know a lot of people are upset about this, but I do see Hasbro's point of view on the matter. GI Joe might have made the top 10 in boys toys, but according to hasbro's webcast, their numbers didn't meet expectations. Just because they ranked high in sales doesn't mean they were extremely profitable. Obviously if the 3 3/4 line was extremely profitable for them and would remain so, they would expand it, not take it away and just bring in Sigma.

Although IMO, the price point is going to hurt them alot.

Either that, or Roablock breaks his nose every chance he gets for constantly getting pushed aside for that new guy.

This line is going to die real in a lsow death. I will not pay $14.00 for these worthless peace of crappy figure. I 'm going to buy Wave 7 of VvV but I may just past on G.I. Joe until the 3 3/4 inch figures come back. I just that Hasbro is going to make a big mistake again with G.I. Joe, and I did a poll on who will buy these figures. 49% vote no which mean you won't see any Joe Collecter buy them.

I just want to say.

The true collector like me buy all the lines, I got RAH figures, Sgt.Savage figure, Gijoe Extreme, Joe Vs Cobra and Valor vs Venom, so if you really love the GIJOE theme you buy the majority of the items of them.

And Talking about good thing´s of all those lines, are the cartoons of it, RAH got a Cartoon, Sgt.Savage got and episode cartoon, Gijoe Extreme got 2 season, Joe Vs Cobra got a movie and Valor vs Venom got a movie so why complaint?

The good thing about the new line is that is going to air a new Gijoe TV show so that means finnally the video game that I want it for the next generations of consoles is going to happenned!!!

And for the information that I got from Playstation Magazine, the licenced GIJOE Video game is comming from ATARI.

I just want to say.

The true collector like me buy all the lines, I got RAH figures, Sgt.Savage figure, Gijoe Extreme, Joe Vs Cobra and Valor vs Venom, so if you really love the GIJOE theme you buy the majority of the items of them.

"TRUE COLLECTOR"..? inquisitive.gif

So if it has G.I.Joe slapped on it somewhere...you'll buy it, and that makes you a true collector? Kinda makes each item meaningless doesn't it? You'd buy it no matter what, so you have no taste, no discriminating taste anyway, and really no thought into what it is you're buying, it just has to have the logo on it.

No imagination, no preference, just 100% obssession? confused.gif

I just want to say.

"TRUE COLLECTOR"..? inquisitive.gif

So if it has G.I.Joe slapped on it somewhere...you'll buy it, and that makes you a true collector? Kinda makes each item meaningless doesn't it? You'd buy it no matter what, so you have no taste, no discriminating taste anyway, and really no thought into what it is you're buying, it just has to have the logo on it.

No imagination, no preference, just 100% obssession? confused.gif

man you took the waords right out of my mouth .

Yes I buy all the lines from the theme GIJOE, but if I don´t like something a just stop buying, like when I stoped buying the crappy Valor vs Vemon figures!!! The Sgt.Savage looked more interesting to me than the Valor Vs Venom and the Joe Vs Cobra figures.

Okay, so what you're saying is, that you like to acquire a little of something from EACH line of G.I.Joe, be it the 12" or 3 3/4" or anything in between, as you like ALL of what's known as G.I.Joe, but that you still use some discrimination in what it is you buy.

You don't just buy EVERYTHING?

Well, I actually do that, so that must make me a "true collector" as well? ;)