New Cartoon Coming From Fox This Fall

Raptor23

More than likely Gonzo (who are currently producing Transformers Galaxy Force/Cybertron) will be responsible for the series.

I'll wait any judgements until I have actually SEEN a few episodes.

If the cartoon looks like the toys (and if we know Hasbro they'll require it to be exact to help sell the toys), then the cartoon will have sort of a Yu-Gi-Oh look to it. That'll suck, and destroy all hopes I had of a cool realistic anime.

Well we don't know for a fact that the figures will look just like the characters in the new show. Again this I think will be a major determining factor in whether this show will qualify as being a true Anime. If GONZO was allowed to do their own character designs of these new toys, then the characters themselves would probably look a lot better in the show.

But if Hasbro insisted someone else do the designs, like those lamebrains at ReelFX, then yeah the characters will probably look horrendous.

Again I think whether or not this show is a hit will be determined by how smart Hasbro was about going about making it and after seeing how badly they screwed up by shelving the 3 3/4 line I'm worried this show will be the one GONZO Studios produced show that really stinked. Cause I get emphasize this enough on every G.I. Joe message board I frequent, these guys are hot **** and their animated series and films are great.

But if Hasbro has been breathing down their neck then this show might not last through November.

Yes they said >Fox in the convention.

By the way what is the official page of Gonzo?? I want to take a look of their others animations!!!

And yes it is a good Idea about bring the return of GIJOE to teh Fox Channel since the new TMNT got 2 seasons cartoon and 3 video games by Konami so it look´s like the TMNT are kicking ass big time!!!

Yes they said >Fox in the convention.

By the way what is the official page of Gonzo?? I want to take a look of their others animations!!!

And yes it is a good Idea about bring the return of GIJOE to teh Fox Channel since the new TMNT got 2 seasons cartoon and 3 video games by Konami so it look´s like the TMNT are kicking ass big time!!!

GONZO's official website is here:

GONZO Digimation

And for a complete listing of everything they've ever done, including what hasn't been licensed in that states and or is in pre-production go here:

GONZO Listing At AnimeNewsNetwork

Of Studio GONZO's work I think my favorite series from them are:

Full Metal Panic

Hellsing

Yukikaze

Vandread

Burst Angel (available in May)

I've also seen:

Real Bout High School

Melty Lancer

Last Exile

Gad Guard

Blue Submarine No.6

and of course . . .

Transformers: Galaxy Force

When ever the cartoon comes out, in Fall I think, am I correct?, well anywayz, when ever it does, I hope they bring back some Joes into it other than 6.

September and ditto.

I'd have liked it if I could have seen all the new Viper-types that have been released in the last 5 years in an Anime series, this has been something I've wanted since I got back into G.I. Joe back in 2000.

Now if we're lucky we'll see a few familar characters and maybe a handful of vehicles and Cobra troops.

If GONZO's allowed to pull this off right I'll still be estatic, but again this is just another bad example of how not including the 3 3/4 line in this series is going to be. That toy line already has a HUGE cast to work with. This new Sigma 6 series is starting from the bottom up.

More than likely Gonzo (who are currently producing Transformers Galaxy Force/Cybertron) will be responsible for the series.

I'll wait any judgements until I have actually SEEN a few episodes.

If the cartoon looks like the toys (and if we know Hasbro they'll require it to be exact to help sell the toys), then the cartoon will have sort of a Yu-Gi-Oh look to it. That'll suck, and destroy all hopes I had of a cool realistic anime.

Well we don't know for a fact that the figures will look just like the characters in the new show. Again this I think will be a major determining factor in whether this show will qualify as being a true Anime. If GONZO was allowed to do their own character designs of these new toys, then the characters themselves would probably look a lot better in the show.

But if Hasbro insisted someone else do the designs, like those lamebrains at ReelFX, then yeah the characters will probably look horrendous.

Again I think whether or not this show is a hit will be determined by how smart Hasbro was about going about making it and after seeing how badly they screwed up by shelving the 3 3/4 line I'm worried this show will be the one GONZO Studios produced show that really stinked. Cause I get emphasize this enough on every G.I. Joe message board I frequent, these guys are hot **** and their animated series and films are great.

But if Hasbro has been breathing down their neck then this show might not last through November.

Hasbro uses the cartoons to sell the toys, and because of that, there is no reason at all to believe the cartoon won't look like the toys.

Wow I seemed to have missed something here... Where is all this info coming from? The toy news on the front of this page is barely more than a blurb. So does this mean the 3 3/4 line is finished? Are they cancelling 3 3/4 figures in exchange for these?!?!! Huh? Somebody tell me!!! TELL ME!!!

Phanstar

What it means from the way I see it is that they're putting the 3-3/4" ones on the back burner to serve as "plan B" so in the inevitable failure of Sigma Six, they'll release more Joes the way they should and expect us to be happy and shut up about once again having fan loyalty abused.