Your Faith In Tfs

LiquidMetal

I know most of you here are REALLY loyal TF fans who just love and soak up just about anything Takara/Hasbro produce...... TF-wise, that is :).....

BUT, could ANYTHING *gasp* shatter your faith?? :unsure:....

make you abandon the collectin' of TF franchise items.... forever?? @firedevil@

Ya know, just turn your backs on 'em.....permanantly??

Could YOU ever see yourself doin' that?? :huh:

I, for one, could!!! :P

@hmmm@ The way the Alt/BT line is goin', right now, I might be done with 'em !!! Wheeljack sucks (coulda been better, anyhow)....Prowl stinks, too IMO @grumpy@ ....

I don't think I'm completely done with buyin' TFs just yet, though ;)

Just wanted to see if ANY of you could EVER just disassociate yourselves from this TF stuff....at least temporarily (like a few months).....

Has the thought even ever crossed your minds??

I might be ready to go cold turkey....for a moment, anyway.....

My faith in the once-great Alternators is bein' SORELY tested right now!!! :(

How about YOU??

#US1#

The way the Alt/BT line is goin', right now, I might be done with 'em !!! Wheeljack sucks (coulda been better, anyhow)....Prowl stinks, too IMO  ....

Wheeljack is okay, I still might pick him up.

Prowl is garbage. I may end up foresaking N. American TFs altogether and just buy Takara reissues.

If they started painting the tf's pink with purple polka-dots then I think I would be reconsidering my collecting habit. Otherwise, I'm quite happy with them.

Sure there will always be some really cool tf's and some that just completely suck, but that's how things have always been. So as long as they don't go and do something totally radical to change the line then I'll still collect them.

With some spiffy Alts left for me to get (Grimmy, Shockwave, Swindle, and a few others that I haven't seen in my area at all, last newest was Tracks and Jazz.), and with Cybertron coming, I'm good for a while. Really would have liked Universe to continue, it had awesome potential, and I wanted Spacewarp...

I have been collecting for so long now that I am not sure if there is any other way of life.

I have toned down on the collecting thing considerably in the last few years. Due to lack of funds and lackluster toy lines but with Galaxy Force I can see me getting right back into it. I am sure the hobby will always go a little up and down.

When I started collecting I told myself I would never sell my transformers. I had over 4000 different toys not even two years ago. I think I have maybe 40 now. I sold off almost everything I had. Does that mean I am not a fan? No, I don't think so. I will continue to get new ones, figures I like and continue to sell them off when I get bored of them. It happens to everyone. Priorties change, life goes on. It happens.

Spencer.

If I were to get all the toys that appear in the toons, and all the episodes on DVD(so far its the latter series that needs to be released) then my collection would be complete. If all TFs were to end from that point foward, I would be happy with what I got.

I really don't think that I'd lose faith in TFs. Lately Hasbro and Takara seem to want to please fans to an extent, yet we all bicker about some things like fembots, truck and monkey, character names on new toys, and the overall quality. What is making me lose faith in TFs is the push to seperate the fan from the kids.

If I were to stop it wouldn't be because of anything that would happen TF wise.. Even if all TF lines were to end I could still collect! Theres just massive amounts of TF stuff still out there that I don't have! g1 & up!!

If I were to stop it would be out of toys all togeather... but I'd still be a fan so that would suck HEH! I'd most likely just pack everything up into storeage

Well, with lack of anything good coming in Cybertron (With the excption of GF Op & Starscream), the demise of the TRU Reissues, and the pitifull state of Alt's distrobution, it looks like I won't really be big into TF collecting till Cybertron is over with.

Now if I do end up selling off my Energon collection, and I do find a job soon, I'll fill my time with rebuilding my RID/Armada/Energon collection, instead of buying the new Cybertron line.

The only TFs I'm actively buying right now are the Alts. Besides Catbot, I'm pretty satisfied with all of them. The only thing stopping me from continuing is the lack of new figs in the store. Otherwise if its there, I'll buy it.

I always loved TF's and I always will. The only ones I really collect are G1's, reissues, Alts/Bts, and one or two here and there of other llines. But even when the time comes when I stop adding to my collection, the TF's still and always will be near and dear.

I assume this thread was made because of what Hasbro did to GI Joe. Those poor bastards, cancelled (oops "furloughed" and replaced with Yugioh meets Halo....

If they went back to G1 and did an X-treme Version with Gobot style vehicles and stupid crap like renaming Jazz "Crunk" or making Bumblebee Jamacian or other nonsense like that they could poison burn me out

I assume this thread was made because of what Hasbro did to GI Joe. Those poor bastards, cancelled (oops "furloughed" and replaced with Yugioh meets Halo....

If they went back to G1 and did an X-treme Version with Gobot style vehicles and stupid crap like renaming Jazz "Crunk" or making Bumblebee Jamacian or other nonsense like that they could poison burn me out

Exactly.. But would "Crunk" come with a pimp chalice?

The thing to remember with Transformers is that the series CHANGES every year and so do the toys. Its almost like Power Rangers and buying another Red Ranger when I buy so many Optimus Primes. While I enjoy each of the figs, it almost becomes redundant getting 30 versions of 10 characters and then 2 or three actual new characters. I still love it though. They're getting creative with many of the new features and gimmicks and vehicle modes, but as far as shows go, they need to get away from anime and work with US animators and writers again.

I know most of you here are REALLY loyal TF fans who just love and soak up just about anything Takara/Hasbro produce...... TF-wise, that is :).....

BUT, could ANYTHING *gasp* shatter your faith?? :unsure:....

make you abandon the collectin' of TF franchise items.... forever?? @firedevil@

Ya know, just turn your backs on 'em.....permanantly??

Could YOU ever see yourself doin' that?? :huh:

I, for one, could!!! :P

@hmmm@ The way the Alt/BT line is goin', right now, I might be done with 'em !!! Wheeljack sucks (coulda been better, anyhow)....Prowl stinks, too IMO @grumpy@ ....

I don't think I'm completely done with buyin' TFs just yet, though ;)

Just wanted to see if ANY of you could EVER just disassociate yourselves from this TF stuff....at least temporarily (like a few months).....

Has the thought even ever crossed your minds??

I might be ready to go cold turkey....for a moment, anyway.....

My faith in the once-great Alternators is bein' SORELY tested right now!!! :(

How about YOU??

#US1#

So two figures (Wheeljack and Prowl) make you want to stop collecting alternators? Wow....