New Palisades Statues From 2005 Toyfair

Mike

You can check out pictures here

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=05...%2FTransformers

Personally.. I'm gonna to have to agree with synch, when he said, that the 3D models look great, but the final products look really bad :(

Man, the scrapped Shockwave sculpt I saw looked ten times better then the final version. They seriously need to fire the people painting these things.

Thanks mike :) yea its a shame, I think I'll just collect there 3d images haha! Well I'm disapointed that we did not see TWW op at all! They told me it was going to be out some time after shockwave... Hrmm... I guess we can expect that to come out soon then! I must say i quite like that sunstorm figure... Though I take it that is not the final production since it has no battle damage.

Too bad these suckers are so over priced :| oh well I'll just save my cash for tww prime, most likely the only paladise statue I will ever own

well actually he's a FAR more talented painter then I am ;) He's amazing at everything he does, im so jealous :P but im alright too, he's just been doing it all his life and art is his life, where music is mine.

Whoa, he posts at the heman.org I think... I've seen his work & collection, its mondo impresive! I don't think theres a company out there that could afford tallents like his though lOL!

please help me to understand why this line is disliked amongst transformers fans? i am fond of this line and have the mini optimus and ultra magnus statues and am impressed by them. hardcore trans fans dont seem to agree with the sculpts though, why?

please help me to understand why this line is disliked almost transformers fans? i am fond of this line and have the mini optimus and ultra ma gnus statues and am impressed by them. hardcore trans fans don't seem to agree with the sculpts though, why?

Because they are too jim lee stylized, their body proportions are totally off and different aspects of them are over emphasized. Take a look at the seeker mold, their chest cockpit is extra wide but the jet intakes/ bot shoulders are skinny and long. Shockwave looks anorexic with funny looking shoulder joint gears. Bumblebee is probably the most decent looking but his horns and autobot symbol are too small. Grimlocks tail is to skinny/ long, look at the grey part and where the tail cconnects too much size difference.

i was thinking about buying the whole line, but after reviewing the pictures more thoroughly, i see mr.sci-fi's points and have a little bit more understanding as to why this line is stayed away from. ill take a closer look at them in person at comicon and see whether or not theyre worth it. for now ill stick with my hard hero busts.

i dont know too much about jim lee and the early transformers comics. is he not as welcomed as the dreamwave writers to the transformers universe.

please help me to understand why this line is disliked almost transformers fans?  i am fond of this line and have the mini optimus and ultra ma gnus statues and am impressed by them.  hardcore trans fans don't seem to agree with the sculpts though, why?

Because they are too jim lee stylized

you mean Pat Lee ?

I think they are pogo, & I for one agree with you on that. More toon based, & nice & clean with out no nasy battle damage mucking the toys up on them :)

Heck I've even heard patlee say that he is not happy with the TF statue base line :|

I think they are pogo, & I for one agree with you on that.  More toon based, & nice & clean with out no nasy battle damage mucking the toys up on them :)

Heck I've even heard patlee say that he is not happy with the TF statue base line :|

Funny was he saying he was displeased with the quality or the lack luster sales?

I wonder if Pat Lee gets them for free, after all they are based on his art...

I'm not sure, but I know the guy that designs the statues does, he gets a couple of them for free

My ears were ringing....

I haven't been here in a quite a while, so I figured that I'd stop in. (been crazy busy)

Anyhow, I sorta like the Palisades statues for what they are, but I definitely prefer G1 cartoon versions as opposed to the stylized versions we see from Palisades. It all comes down to the individual artist too. They will sculpt them how they sculpt any of their works...while trying their best to please those who have hired them to do the job. I know from experience that every sculptor instills into their works a bit of their own style...(It just happens)...whether they try to or not...doing their best to get the final product to look like the original artwork. I'm sure he did the best he could with the material on these for Palisades.

For old times sake...here's the busts I did about...wow...like 2 years ago now. (Time flies) I haven't sculpted another Transformer since. (and probably never will) Looking back on them...they could use a bit of refining, but still for the time they looked pretty good.

I'm very much into creating my own creatures, stories, and worlds now...I find that more fulfilling.

Regardless...thanks for the plug Mike! @can@

Prime

PRIME2.jpg

PRIME3.jpg

RuMbLe

RUMBLE.sized.jpg

RUMBLE_2.sized.jpg

Arcee (sorry for the darkness of the pic)

ARCEE_BLACK_AND_WHITE.sized.jpg