A Lot Of Sad News Lately...

DPrime

Man, first I hear TRU is probably not going to be carrying reissues anymore...

Then I hear 3 3/4" GI Joe is going to be replaced by a crappy oversized kiddie anime line...

What is Hasbro thinking?

Alternators haven't been very good lately either... What started out looking like an updated G1 line-up has fallen a bit off track as of late. I'm just hoping we see some of those rumoured jets and other Alts soon, to get my spirits up!!!

At least Takara's still going strong...

alts suck cause of there case ratios, how do they expect a store to sell that many sideswipes & hounds?! Really though, hasbro droped the EDIT - no profanity please - Mike balll on that one! Its like every case has them in as well! & maybe, ONE of the other alt charecters :S

That's just it they think its all about what they've learned in school. They don't realize that its all about giving the consumer what they want, not what HASBRO thinks they want.

That's just it they think its all about what they've learned in school. They don't realize that its all about giving the consumer what they want, not what HASBRO thinks they want.

Well, see here's the thing. I can understand why they gear the main lines of Joes and TFs to kids. That's where all the real money is.

But there is a profit to be made from the collectors. Otherwise, we wouldn't have toy companies that market EXCLUSIVELY to collectors. Hasbro just doesn't do that well at all... Takara seems pretty good at it though. They haven't saturated the market with reissues, but they still give them to us.

Where do these guys go to bussiness school?

Does Hasbro own the Playskool? #US1#

Strangely, Hasbro DOES own the rights to Playskool.

That was a very disturbing thought.

I'll agree that the Joe line looks to be in trouble, but Transformers (aside from Universe and to an extent, Alternators) is in fairly solid shape.

Designwise, Cybertron is one of the most innovative and well designed since the Beast Era. And if they got all these damn Smokscreens out of stores and some new stuff in, Alternators would probably really take off.

From my standpoint there hasn't been too much sad news at all beyond crappy distribution of Alternators.

TRU Reissues were Sh*t, overpriced and only sold when TRU put them on clearance. Good riddance I say, I'm glad they're gone they were just a waste of shelf space.

The death of the 3 3/4" Joes doesn't matter much to me either. I barely bought ANY of the JvC/VvV stuff anyways and the stuff I did want (6packs) you can't find over here anyways. I've been more than happy adding to my RAH collection over the past 2-3 years and will continue to do just that.

As for the 8" Joes, I think they show a lot of promise. Sure some of them like Snake Eyes still need some work, but if the rest turn out looking like Spirit then I am SO game for this line. Joe fans to me never seem to be willing to accept anything new.

And Alternators Prowl doesn't look THAT bad. Hell I don't even like RSX's and I don't think it's too bad. The robot mode in that one pic is definitely mistransformed.

TRU Reissues were Sh*t, overpriced and only sold when tRU out them on clearance. Good riddance I say, I'm glad they're gone they were just a waste of shelf space.

So you're saying, instead of just fixing those mistakes (ie: overpriced, wrong accessories) you say, just get rid of them? Better to have nothing at all?

Whatever. We're all entitled to our opinions. At least Takara's still doing them.

As for the 8" Joes, I think they show a lot of promise. Sure some of them like Snake Eyes still need some work, but if the rest turn out looking like Spirit then I am SO game for this line. Joe fans to me never seem to be willing to accept anything new.

Personally, I didn't like VVV either (except for a few figures here and there), but I can't see an 8" Joe line really taking off. Who knows? Maybe I'll be wrong... but I doubt it. They always go back to 3 3/4" in the end.

I wonder what Hasbro would have done to Star Wars if Lucas wasn't in control of everything?

So you're saying, instead of just fixing those mistakes (ie: overpriced, wrong accessories) you say, just get rid of them? Better to have nothing at all?

Well the way I look at it is, the Reissues have been out for what? 3 years at least ? If Hasbro intended to fix the line then they would have done so already. And plus I doubt there's really much they can do with the prices, that's TRU's fault.

I will give Hasbro the plus that they did fix the oversized missile issue. But still, if you're a stickler for having the reissues exactly as they were in the past, there's the whole issue of no Spring loading.

At least Takara's still doing them.

I completely agree with you. And maybe that's exactly why I give the TRU Reissues such flack. When you look at what Takara's done with their reissues, you can't feel anything BUT underwhelmed with the Hasbro offerings.

but I can't see an 8" Joe line really taking off. Who knows? Maybe I'll be wrong... but I doubt it. They always go back to 3 3/4" in the end.

What makes me feel the 8" line may find some success is the fact that Hasbro is clearly trying to make them more appealing to kids. Someone on the Joe boards made a statement that it was the collector's keeping the 3 3/4 line alive and I totally agree with that sentiment. Also, the cartoon is going to help the 8" gain more popularity as well, then again a cartoon for the 3 3/4" line could do the exact same.

Who knows, this could be the break 3 3/4" Joes need. Give Hasbro some time off to come up with something in that scale that will completely blow us all away. They never said it was gone for good and that's why it doesn't concern me very much.

Ive complaining about Hasblo for years now and they just keep getting worse, atleast Takara keeps helping the Alternator line out. I mostly buy Binaltechs and I like where that line is going , Cybertron wave 2 and wave 3 are pretty decent . Just be patient, the good stuff is coming. #US1#

Joe - No arguement from me here, they have absolutely BOTCHED it up. The only good that can come out of this are if (1)The S6 figures are closer to 6-7' scale as is being reported by other sites (so they'd be in scale with Marvel Legends) and (2) THe new show helps get new fans

Transformers - Hasbro is doing a great job all around. Alternators is doing very well where as Binaltech by all accounts is selling poorly in Japan and lagging in releases (only one new one a month). Reissues are a shame but imo they're a waste for me anyway. The new stuff is alot better. Cybertron's packaging is pretty collector friendly as wel #US1# l

I think the only failures lately in TFs are the poor choices in Alternator remolds, and of course the TRU reissue problems of overpricing and funky distribution. I give Hasbro credit for trying to satisfy collectors by removing the springs and returning the missiles to their original lengths, (in fact I think it's great 'cause the springs wear out after a while anyway), but unless they find a way to drop the price then it's still hard to justify the expense. As for Cybertron, I think the new packaging looks awesome, but *may* be confused w/ the Star Wars Clone Wars figure carding. I think it looks awesome though, like they took the MTMTE page layouts and made packaging from it.

Habro has been sucking lately

The TRU reissues aren't dead yet, we only have conflicting emails from different customer reps.

Do you know who are the next reissues? ^_^

I wish they just finished with Ramjet & Thrust & I would be happy B)