Gi Joe 3/3/4 And 12 Inch Lines Bad News

Tazzzman

You know that Walmart is behind this. @hmmm@

Kidding! I just figured I would say it first!

When things like this arise, I wish that Hasbro would step up and release an official statement. I think they have a responsibility to their customers to do so.

@bats@

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that Walmart is behind this. @hmmm@

Kidding! I just figured I would say it first!

When things like this arise, I wish that Hasbro would step up and release an official statement. I think they have a responsibility to their customers to do so.

@bats@

again, feels very simliar to the ddp incident in this way. Negative attention is bad when money is involved, there is too such a thing as bad press!

When reading that letter I see something different.

Quote: "for a while"

Which doesn't mean its being not cancelled but taking a back seat while Hasbro pushes the new line.

Your attempts to put a ray of sunshine on the issue is almost getting obnoxious.

When they tell us the sales are not good enough (as is) to keep making them that way, so they're going to scrap it for something else, what makes you think if the "something else" doesn't sell any better, that they're going to come BACK to the "what's NOT selling good enough" now?

I think that they will see that this line is not as supported from us and then "hopefully" re - intro the 3/3/4 line.

And hopefully in the Classic ARAH style!

yeah that would be cool and since the anniversary is a few years away hopefully that will be true. I hope that they continue the comic packs and such though, our only hope is TRU (re issues) and gijoeclub (for perhaps repaints of the new mold (like the VvsV viper exclsive).

It seems that the classic ARAH figures sell much better here. The comic packs and TRU 6-pks sell out all the time, while JvC takes much longer to sell through.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....IF Hasbro MUST change the scale, why 8"??? A 6" scale would be MUCH better. I still hate to see them use the new line (regardless of the scale) as a replacement though.

Crazy stuff!

@bats@

You know I have more Joes in my collection (which is small compared to others here) than everyone I ever knew had as kids COMBINED. I just don't see how kids who litterally have to scream out, "I HATE YOU!" in a temper tantrum to get their parents to buy them just ONE figure can possibly have a bigger impact on action figure sales then older collectors who are litterally going broke spending hundreds of dollars on toys.

I don't think the kids are there anymore. I guess video games are the way to go. But God forbid Hasbro put out a Joe game.

I'm sure this new naimated series will bring the kids in but changing the scale of the figures isn't going to help. $15 is too much for 1 guy. I don't care how "different" kids today supposedly are, 1,000 years in the future smaller sized Joes will still be more appealing than big sized Joes where you can only afford to own 3 or 4 and therefore limit their fun factor.

3 or 4 8" Joes going on a mission against 1 8" Cobra = eh

With 3 3/4" you can have FULL SCALLED WARS!

The only millitary figure than are better for this than 3 3/4" Joes are the those little green plastic army men but they unlike the Joes are not articulated.

The 3 3/4" Joe lines was voted by ToyFare magazine a few years back as the greatest toy line ever for a reason!

Why doesn't someone post the text of this newletter here? Is it possible?

No kiddin'! I'm sitting here waiting for somebody to copy the the text and post here, so we ALL can read the same sh@# instead of all this secondhand BS!

Sorry you feel that way VH but you have to be a member of the gijoeclub to get to the newsletter and I am not sure if I post it that it will be a violation of my membership, if you feel it's second hand bs then I appoligize if you feel this way. it is BS but not second hand- its in the newsletter.

Your defending unnecessarily Tazz! ;)

I'm not angry with you or disputing your word. What I'm calling BS is the secondhand nature itself, of reading what is being said about what has been read elsewhere...that automatically makes it secondhand news, regardless of it's accuracy or not.

I just like to see the actual text for myself, and since it has been posted for us now, it's all taken care of, but I wasn't disputing your word, just wishing to see FIRSThand for myself. ^_^

When reading that letter I see something different.

Quote: "for a while"

Which doesn't mean its being not cancelled but taking a back seat while Hasbro pushes the new line.

Your attempts to put a ray of sunshine on the issue is almost getting obnoxious.

When they tell us the sales are not good enough (as is) to keep making them that way, so they're going to scrap it for something else, what makes you think if the "something else" doesn't sell any better, that they're going to come BACK to the "what's NOT selling good enough" now?

It's the Coke/New Coke debacle all over again!

My gut feeling is that they will bring the 3.75" line back.....in classic ARAH form. No inside info, just what my gut says. I could be interpreting it incorrectly though....Mexican food can cause the gut feeling to go awry.

@bats@

You know I have more Joes in my collection (which is small compared to others here) than everyone I ever knew had as kids COMBINED. I just don't see how kids who litterally have to scream out, "I HATE YOU!" in a temper tantrum to get their parents to buy them just ONE figure can possibly have a bigger impact on action figure sales then older collectors who are litterally going broke spending hundreds of dollars on toys.

I don't think the kids are there anymore. I guess video games are the way to go. But God forbid Hasbro put out a Joe game.

I'm sure this new naimated series will bring the kids in but changing the scale of the figures isn't going to help. $15 is too much for 1 guy. I don't care how "different" kids today supposedly are, 1,000 years in the future smaller sized Joes will still be more appealing than big sized Joes where you can only afford to own 3 or 4 and therefore limit their fun factor.

3 or 4 8" Joes going on a mission against 1 8" Cobra = eh

With 3 3/4" you can have FULL SCALLED WARS!

The only millitary figure than are better for this than 3 3/4" Joes are the those little green plastic army men but they unlike the Joes are not articulated.

The 3 3/4" Joe lines was voted by ToyFare magazine a few years back as the greatest toy line ever for a reason!

agreed, collecters have kept the line afloat, and now they are shooting us, their foot, out from under them thinking they will fly instead they are going to fall flat on their face.

So basically this new sh@# IS replacing the 3 3/4" line, that in other threads, members were bashing other members for "jumping to conclusions about?

Greeeeat! @grumpy@

This is f@#ked up to non belief! I guess I can cancel any plans to attend the convention then, as I'd only beat the sh@# out of somebody if I go!

This is irritating also, in the fact that so many came on so strong here the last couple of hours since this new sh@# was posted, and tried to disspell the rumors from spreading that it was then end of the 3 3/4" line, and NOW look? Hell, even I didn't think Hasbro would be that f@#king ruthless, but undoubtedly they suck larger ones than I would have ever given'em credit for.

What a CROCK!

im so with you on this .i cant belive this .now what am i going to collect ? im not going to collect that new sh*t . well i guss ill be saveing a lot of money .

It also could just be a "scare tactic" on hasbro's part. A way for them to make more money of off the line, Up the prices of the 2-packs a few more bucks. Not to hard to imagine when you look at the prices for Star Wars figures.

Ah but what do i know i got my B.S. degree.lol

I'm sure this new naimated series will bring the kids in but changing the scale of the figures isn't going to help.

We have been screaming for a NEW G.I.Joe cartoon/animated series, forever, to try and help with the larger "kids market" goal, but instead we've gotten half-assed CGI crap.

Now to bring it on, but at the sacrifice of the scale and style of figures that the faithful fanbase would have preferred it to be, is totally a kick in the crotch to us.

The series will definitely help, as most toylines with a cool animated series do sell better, but too little too late for us.

im so with you on this .i cant belive this .now what am i going to collect ? im not going to collect that new sh*t . well i guss ill be saveing a lot of money .

actuatuly a lot of other lines are coming out 4" size (very close to joes) Marvel has one for super heros, there is microman of course, predater, aleins, army of darkness, terminator... hey waitaminute, so everything else shrinks, and joe grows? .... arg....

The funny thing is VvV got me back into Joe.

Well, searching for new Joes was fun while it lasted. I guess GiJoe HQ is going to be busy the next few years!

I can't believe the decisions we've seen. Just when Wave 7 hits it out of the park, and we see stuff like the Humvee and Quickstrike, BAM! Cancelled. That's what happens when corporate mentality rules.

I'm actually pretty pissed at this.

I'm sure this new naimated series will bring the kids in but changing the scale of the figures isn't going to help.

We have been screaming for a NEW G.I.Joe cartoon/animated series, forever, to try and help with the larger "kids market" goal, but instead we've gotten half-assed CGI crap.

Now to bring it on, but at the sacrifice of the scale and style of figures that the faithful fanbase would have preferred it to be, is totally a kick in the crotch to us.

The series will definitely help, as most toylines with a cool animated series do sell better, but too little too late for us.

agreed!

Hasbro: i hate our competetion

Hasbro exc with pencil in nose: DUH... YEAH LEt's kick him in the balls!

Hasbro: with their bigger scales and cartoons...

Hasbro: hey our fans have agood idea about a toon...

"As many of you may or may not know by now, after this Spring, the 12�and 3 3/4� versions of G.I. Joe have been put into retirement for awhile."

I wonder if whoever wrote this newsletter prehaps misspoke? It says "as many of you may or may not know". As far as the 3 3/4" line was concerned it was only speculation that it would be cancelled. I hope this guy didn't think that the speculation was the gospel truth.

Actually I do hope that was the case.

Guest DavAnthony

I know this sounds petty, but I would like people to really let "the suits" have it during the convention. People were pretty p o'ed during the entire action attack thing. I just will never understand the corporate mentality, for their never ending inablity to recognzie what works and what doesn't and to take blame for their own screw-ups.

Hasbro finally get's it right with the last few waves of new sculpts and they are canceling the line ?! ---Oh well at least I'll save space and money on figures and customs.

Dave

I know this sounds petty, but I would like people to really let "the suits" have it during the convention. People were pretty p o'ed during the entire action attack thing. I just will never understand the corporate mentality, for their never ending inablity to recognzie what works and what doesn't and to take blame for their own screw-ups.

Hasbro finally get's it right with the last few waves of new sculpts and they are canceling the line ?! ---Oh well at least I'll save space and money on figures and customs.

Dave

oh i'm sure the suits will get it now

Dave

Oh do not worry I am more than sure that they will hear it from us from the get go, we just have to make sure that we communicate clearly to them that this is totally unacceptable to retire the 3/3/4 for a "while"

Why doesn't someone post the text of this newletter here? Is it possible?

No kiddin'! I'm sitting here waiting for somebody to copy the the text and post here, so we ALL can read the same sh@# instead of all this secondhand BS!

Sorry you feel that way VH but you have to be a member of the gijoeclub to get to the newsletter and I am not sure if I post it that it will be a violation of my membership, if you feel it's second hand bs then I appoligize if you feel this way. it is BS but not second hand- its in the newsletter.

Your defending unnecessarily Tazz! ;)

I'm not angry with you or disputing your word. What I'm calling BS is the secondhand nature itself, of reading what is being said about what has been read elsewhere...that automatically makes it secondhand news, regardless of it's accuracy or not.

I just like to see the actual text for myself, and since it has been posted for us now, it's all taken care of, but I wasn't disputing your word, just wishing to see FIRSThand for myself. ^_^

Cool I just wanted to make sure that we were not mis communicating. I hate when this type of news comes out, I hate to be the one to post it, but we need to know this information ... sucks but true. I am pretty sure that when they see their line not do as well (for that price!) they will come back to 3/3/4 line, hopefully with them coming out with one figure at a time for the new line can re charge them to bring one figure per pack when they "in time" re introduce the 3/3/4 line, we can only hope and pray.

Well, if this is true, then Hasbro should take a good look at how they make the line.

If they quit creating sh*tty designs of our favorite figures, and listen to the fans, then the line will survive.

I know that I wont be purchasing these new 8 inches figures.

Hasbro I hope you're reading this because you really need to fire your design team and marketing people.

Hasbro you suck!!! I hope you go out of business for being so stupid!!!

I just hope this is another rumor that MC just got mixed-up in.

db