Gi Joe 3/3/4 And 12 Inch Lines Bad News

Tazzzman

all of those products say they will be avaialble in Spring. Tazz's post says that after spring they will be finished, so this would actually just coincide with what he says if it is true. these could be the last 3 3/4 Joes for a while. could be why they are just continuing VvV into the new year instead of actually launching a new series.

Yeah it is true, I would NEVER start a rumor or a lie, this is TOO BIG and really sucks.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't call me a terd but whoever has master collecter membership needs to log on, EVERYONE CHECK THIS ! is there something your misssing, it just can't be right.

Sorry bro, it is exactly as stated on the front of the newsletter. I wish there was more to report.

That would really explain the rehashed vehicle designs. Clearing out the house I suppose. But we'll see.

Guest DavAnthony

It seems odd to me that Hasbro would stop the GiJoe 3 3/4 line now. Between the development of the new shoulder joints. The continued increase to detail and the new sculpted weapons that have just come out with the recent wave, it just seems like an odd move to me to suddenly drop the line. Usually toy companies don't put their efforts into a line by attempting to improve it to only drop it. Their not going to waste the money in developement, BUT who knows

Dave

It seems odd to me that Hasbro would stop the GiJoe 3 3/4 line now. Between the development of the new shoulder joints. The continued increase to detail and the new sculpted weapons that have just come out with the recent wave, it just seems like an odd move to me to suddenly drop the line. Usually toy companies don't put their efforts into a line by attempting to improve it to only drop it. Their not going to waste the money in developement, BUT who knows

Dave

Hasbro did the same thing with Starting Lineup. They had been using the same molds and styles for a decade, then decided to make all new, more detailed figures, only to decline to renew their license a year later.

Another analogy for this. The New Coke of G.I. Joe. If you don't know the story behind this, do a search.

I think that they will see that this line is not as supported from us and then "hopefully" re - intro the 3/3/4 line.

And hopefully in the Classic ARAH style!

If the 8" line does actually replace the 3.75" line, I'll be the first to say that I was wrong in saying that Hasbro wouldn't do that. Until we get some confirmation from Hasbro, I'm just gonna sit tight and see what happens. While I don't pick up the new 3.75" Joes, I'm sad for all of you that do.

@bats@

I think that they will see that this line is not as supported from us and then "hopefully" re - intro the 3/3/4 line.

And hopefully in the Classic ARAH style!

yeah that would be cool and since the anniversary is a few years away hopefully that will be true. I hope that they continue the comic packs and such though, our only hope is TRU (re issues) and gijoeclub (for perhaps repaints of the new mold (like the VvsV viper exclsive).

Why doesn't someone post the text of this newletter here? Is it possible?

No kiddin'! I'm sitting here waiting for somebody to copy the the text and post here, so we ALL can read the same sh@# instead of all this secondhand BS!

WTF?!?!?

I'm sure we'll still be getting small joes.

Maybe we shoudn't of 'ohhhh'd and ahhh'd ' when they showed that Storm Shadow Unleashed figure.

I'm sure ALL of us will be buying this stuff when it comes out. I know I will.

and what about the ddp comic packs that will be new sculpt???? and the Exclusive that won't ship for quite awhile...

That is a good point. I hope that we at least get the packs that they were planning on making.

No kiddin'! I'm sitting here waiting for somebody to copy the the text and post here, so we ALL can read the same sh@# instead of all this secondhand BS!

Indeed. I could have taken pictures of the newsletter from the screen with my digital camera, uploaded them on the net and posted the images here faster.

Cut and paste people.

#WTF# That's a ridiculously BOLD statement to make! You truely think "WE ALL" are going to buy these ugly-ass things because they're G.I.Joe characters?

Sorry you feel that way VH but you have to be a member of the gijoeclub to get to the newsletter and I am not sure if I post it that it will be a violation of my membership, if you feel it's second hand bs then I appoligize if you feel this way. it is BS but not second hand- its in the newsletter.

Well a part of me is definitely sad that there is a very good chance now that there won't be any 3 3/4" figures. But the other part of me doesn't really care.

I hardly bought ANY of the new JvC/VvV stuff and the stuff i DID want (GIJOE 6-packs) I can't get up here anyways.

Really I don't feel affected that much, I've already been more than content over the past 2-3 years simply picking up original RAH Joes and piecing together my classic collection.

I for one am actually excited to see the new direction that Joe is taking. 8 inches IS a little big for my liking, I think that it's a bizarre scale to choose, but I'm not going to jump to any quick conclusions about the line. (Yes my Sig is a joke)

All in all I can't wait to see what else Hasbro has in store for the line. I'm LOVING the new Spirit figure, while on the other hand the Snake Eyes leaves a lot to be desired (the arms are just bizarre looking and need to be fixed). Storm Shadow I can't comment on since he is too difficult to see clearly from that one pic.

3 3/4 vvv sales took a huge dip becouse of ACTION ATTACK AND NEON COLORS!!! 12 "s haven't sold well in ever and hasbro spent more marketing them than 3 3/4 joes...

hasbro is killing themselfs

#WTF# That's a ridiculously BOLD statement to make! You truely think "WE ALL" are going to buy these ugly-ass things because they're G.I.Joe characters?

I agree with vh here, infact i'd say at least 85-90% of us won't be buying them.