Gi Joe 3/3/4 And 12 Inch Lines Bad News

Tazzzman

OK Enough!

We all know Master Collector has the news in their newsletter and we all know what it says so lets get back to talking about how it sucks that the GI Joe 3 3/4" and 12 Inch lines got cut or I'll have to be tempted to do what I hate to do... Lock this thread...

You guys know me and I bend over backwards not to get threads locked or deleted when the discussion has gone on this long so lets not blow it ok...

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigma six is the worst thing ever to have happened to GI joe. They look like comic style Barbie dolls to me. What the hell was HASBRO thinking............. First off these figures are way to big and the price range way to high. My daughter likes Bratz dolls and due to their expensiveness I don't but the for her........Now Gi Joe has joined that group $ 15.00 a figure come on now. Don't get me wrong even if these figures were $5.00 I still wouldn't buy them. These are instant shelf warmers....... It looks like my Gi joe collecting days are over. I still hope hasbro releases just one more wave and of course all the comic packs.

Gi Joe extreme failed terribly and so will this new creation of Gi joe. Things could have been done differently instead of going to this extreme of changing the figure sizes. Hasbro says that collectors make up to

15% percent of there Gi JOe sales......... Well alot of us have kids that are also into gi joe so take another 10% out from them.....Total down to 25%................great sales decision habro.

im kinda glad. cuz they were comin out to fast and to many version of people like snake eyes, and some of the figures just looked real bad. They should take their time. its not a bad thing........its a good thing.

silly me, here i thought there was more to proving one's point than just repeating it. guess i was wrong.

moving on; as i've said before, the key problem with sigma six isn't the design, scale, etc. if this were just another line that ran side-by-side with the 3.75" line, there wouldn't have been more than one thread devoted to it. personally, i plan on picking up a storm shadow and snake eyes. after a cobra commander is released, if the line makes it to a second assortment, i'll gladly shell out fifteen bucks for that too. however, because of the price, it isn't a line i'd be willing to collect. i only expect to be picking up a small handful of these figures when something catches my eye.

once the smaller line comes back, i'll pick right up and start my collecting again. my wallet's in sore need of a break.

in response to all of this "you have no right copy and pasting the MC newsletter here" garbage...

if one of the MC members would be so kind, maybe they could inform us whether or not there's some sort of clause in the terms of agreement in regards to sharing information "exclusively" available to MC members. information is free, everyone has a right to it. every member of this forum has been supporting hasbro, buying their products, and to say that a select few who give even more money to a company apart from hasbro has more of a right than the rest of us is completely ridiculous.

could fox news have grounds for a lawsuit if abc or nbc covered the same story? notice how there isn't just one network covering the war on iraq? the attack on the twin towers? the gulf war? last time i checked, much of the news covered at TNI is nearly copied word for word around other sites...regardless of where the initial post came from. so then why should be biggest news concerning gi joe since the re-launch be exclusive to the select inner circle of over-paying members?

bottom line; what do the MC terms of agreement say? what does brian savage say? even if this backfires on me, i stand by the average collector's right to know. even if copy and pasting is considered disrespectful, paraphrasing and crediting MC as the source is a completely different story. i wonder how many people are now considering getting a membership to MC after hearing this news around the internet in hopes of getting the perks of "hear it here first" news.

[/rant]

The material on the Master Collector site is COPYRIGHT protected.

Copying and pasting the text from that site is illegal--its THEFT.

This BS about your "right to know" is just that: BS. There is NO LAW anywhere that states information is free.

Information and access to information is a commodity of value and can be traded and priced accordingly.

If the material is paraphrased by someone with access to the pages that's fine--but there will be no clause or aggreement in the membership to that site that overwrites the copyright protection that Master Collector can claim, if they so choose. Exclusive content means just that: exclusive, limited to those that pay for it.

If the the text is copied here without their permission, then they are fully entitled to ask that it be removed or seek restitution for infringment. That is why the mods have to be careful about what gets linked or copied in these forums.

Capiche?

Wrong as always!

The material that was PAID for by a member of MC (in their fees) to be read THERE....was not used for profit to be read HERE!

If JayC had copied the material and then tried to post it here and CHARGE us to then read it, is the issue that would fall under all the garbage your going on about here Ken.

Like copying a sports game on tv too a video and then charging your patrons at a sportsbar to come in and watch it.

All this BS about MC is merely a few members feeling like something that's privy only to them as members is getting taken away, and wanting to cry about, much like they did with the convention exclusives.

They're making all the fuss...not MC!

Wrong as always!

The material that was PAID for by a member of MC (in their fees) to be read THERE....was not used for profit to be read HERE!

If JayC had copied the material and then tried to post it here and CHARGE us to then read it, is the issue that would fall under all the garbage your going on about here Ken.

Like copying a sports game on tv too a video and then charging your patrons at a sportsbar to come in and watch it.

All this BS about MC is merely a few members feeling like something that's privy only to them as members is getting taken away, and wanting to cry about, much like they did with the convention exclusives.

Oh, you are sure about that, eh?

Well all those paying sponsors on the columns of this site means that the hosting of this site is for profit. As long as one person is gaining from the other material being posted without permission here, in ANY WAY, there is an infringement. Check it out copyright law or with a lawyer, if you don't believe me.

The site owner is ultimately responsible for the content of the site, whether he post it himself or not--that's why the mods have to watchdog the forums.

This isn't some grey area of opinion here, there's actual laws governing this kind of thing. Remember all those sites that had GIJOE in their web addresses that had to remove or change them?? Same thing can apply here.

If MC says, "feel free to pass this info along" or "share it with other collectors", then there's no harm, no foul. But that has to be explicit and come from them. If a paid MC subscriber posts the material as is then they are the ones that have infringed--their membership status is irrelevant.

If that subscriber para-phrases the text and posts it here then there is no infringement because the re-written material constitutes a new work.

The posters here being upset that they cannot see the text.............well, that just them not understanding how the whole idea of "exclusivity" works.

I deal with this issue all the time, as I have to deal with waivers in my classes regarding what amounts to public broadcast of comercial videos and DVDs. I have to disclose the title and distributor of any DVD I use for instructional purposes to the school so they can cover their asses.

I'm just relaying simple basic info here, if you want to believe its BS, that's your privilege. Just check your "facts" before you say someone is wrong.

Wrong as always!

Oh, you are sure about that, eh?

Well, I did spend the night in a Holiday Inn!

I've read the posts by Outsiders after I posted the last response, and it would seem the issue is being asked to be dropped, or risk the locking of this thread.

I respectfully bow out at this time.

Alright everyone, lets do this the right way--get the wooden stakes and torches, and lets see what happens next...

@firedevil@ @firedevil@

Burn Hasblow, burn!!! Let exorcise the evil Executives and dim-witted designers.

Off with the heads!!!! And so there shall be peace and harmony in the Joe communty once again.

db

Darnit...I used all my torches when we went after Mattel last year....lol.

I'm sure this new animated series will bring the kids in but changing the scale of the figures isn't going to help.

We have been screaming for a NEW G.I.Joe cartoon/animated series, forever, to try and help with the larger "kids market" goal, but instead we've gotten half-assed CGI crap.

Now to bring it on, but at the sacrifice of the scale and style of figures that the faithful fanbase would have preferred it to be, is totally a kick in the crotch to us.

The series will definitely help, as most toylines with a cool animated series do sell better, but too little too late for us.

Well said, well said indeed!

I am not surprised by this. Boards filled with people wanting marvel legend-style Joes, so now Hasbro is delivering at the expense of the other two lines.

I, too, fail to see how those are anything REMOTELY similar to Marvel Legends.

If they HAD gone totally Marvel Legends style and stayed somewhat true to the classic RAH characters and styles (a la SOTA's Street Fighter or maybe even Mezco's Movie Hellboy) then there would be a decent chunk of the fanbase that would eventually accept it as a kind of compromise.

As it stands, they're taking about .2 percent of adult collectors with them on this endeavor, and adding NO new collectors. There are SCADS of adult collectors out there who would EAT UP RAH styled articulated Marvel Legends scale Joe figures who have had NOTHING to do with buying any GI Joe products for years. But with these kiddy-rific Bratz knock-offs, good luck bringing anyone over age 10 to the table.

In all honesty, though, I can't shed TOO many tears for the 3 3/4" line's demise. There was nothing there to indicate to me that Hasbro was going to do anything but continue to drive it into the ground, and so in a sense I'm glad to see it put out of its misery.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .....

i couldnt help myself. @smilepunch@

If they'd have done a 6" scale line with RAH-styled sculpts instead of Japanese cartoon ripoffs, I'm sure we'd all be taking this retirement news better.

And I don't think MC has said anything about their article being posted here, so isn't it kind of pointless to have this pissing match amongst yourselves? Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't make you right.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah .....

At least I bring something to the table.

Feel free to share what you know, ducky.

We're waiting.

We're still waiting...

Still........wating............

The newsletter commented that Both the 3 3/4� and the 12� figure sales have been on a downward trend over the last couple of years. This really sucks.

As a casual Joe observer I can’t say that really surprises me that much. With so many new toy lines coming out with so much more detail (can’t hate on the joe for articulation, that’s one thing they always had tons of) I find it hard to see kids picking Joes over Marvel Legends and other high detail toys.

I’m really not sure this new line will make it or not, but I think it has a more than decent chance. For me I wanted a 6� line that went back to the Real American Hero theme, with all the classic characters in the same uniforms with Marvel Legends type detail.

If they make the Twins in mirror style uniforms like the classic character and make Serpentor also in a classic style uniform I’ll give this new line a try.

If they'd have done a 6" scale line with RAH-styled sculpts instead of Japanese cartoon ripoffs, I'm sure we'd all be taking this retirement news better.

And I don't think MC has said anything about their article being posted here, so isn't it kind of pointless to have this pissing match amongst yourselves? Just because you have thousands of posts doesn't make you right.

Reteriment? still no, but it would sound more logical.

Okay, I have received my reply from Brian Savage. He has asked us to please refrain from copy and pasting his articles or any other form of reproducing them here.

Feel free to paraphrase any information you get from them, but no more copying.

In other words, you may tell us exactly what you read, but put it in your own words, don't use their newsletter.

this is the final word, warnings will be given for any infractions.

Yeah. Arrogance, callousness, contempt toward your fellow fans, a holier than thou attitude...

We're waiting.

We're still waiting...

And we're still waiting you you to get off your high horse.

We're waiting.

We're still waiting...

Still........wating...

Yeah. Arrogance, callousness, contempt toward your fellow fans, a holier than thou attitude...

We're waiting.

We're still waiting...

And we're still waiting you you to get off your high horse.

We're waiting.

We're still waiting...

Still........wating...

Hey doc, i think this will be awhile, I don't drink booze, but wanna go to a bar and hang out will we out anyways? @loll@

I dont drink either. But sure. Then we hit the breakfast buffet at Golden Corral. I am jonesing for scrambled eggs and pancakes like you wouldnt believe.

We can take the MCC, Im in the mood to terrorize old people on the freeway again.

We'll have to take VH. Unless he froze his tongue to the ice cube tray once more.