Female Tfs

Rodimus Primal

Until the TF world requires any cooking, ironing, sewing, hoovering or washing, I do not see the need for female TFs

*runs and hides from mob of angry females with knitting needles and rolling pins*

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until the TF world requires any cooking, ironing, sewing, hoovering or washing, I do not see the need for female TFs

*runs and hides from mob of angry females with knitting needles and rolling pins*

Or maybe I'll run after you with a Fortress Maximus... that'll hurt!!! I want girls in the TF's line!! There is always guy's playing w/ guy's (well toys)... isn't kinda... gay??

HAhahaha J/p! But see what I mean? Why WOULDNT a boy want to play w/ a girl toy, as long as it's not a Barbie??

@grumpy@

The few female TFs that do exist only serve to reinforce the notion that the TF crowd is a load of geeky fanboys who can't get a real girl so they have to look at robot ones.

Or it shows us to be open minded. And I have a girlfriend thank you. Blackarachnia was portrayed as sexy yet complex. Her backstory was what made Beast Wars so memorable. So dont give me that bunk that female TFs bring NOTHING to Transformers.

Think of the recent statue of Arcee posing with one knee up and looking demure and girly, in comparison to all the other statues with the characters looking a bit cool. 

Oh right. I forgot. We cant ever have products based on FEMALE characters look, God forbid, SEXY. Lord only knows that no toy or statuette of a female should ever be allowed to be pose that can be attractive appealing on a sexual level. The fighting male and sexy female appeals to different parts of the male psyche. Thats just how its been, even long before toys came out. Look at paintings, statues and literature over the centuries. Fundamentally an Arcee statue isnt that different from the ancient Goddess of Willendorf statues

Males like to look at attractive females. Thats simple biology.

My thoughts exactly. You can say what you want, but female robots have been not only in Transformers, but other robot series as well. Pixar's Robots comes to mind with female bots and kids.

female TFs that do exist only serve to reinforce the notion that the TF crowd is a load of geeky fanboys who can't get a real girl so they have to look at robot ones.

Oh really? I think its the other way around. If there wasn't any female TFs or female characters in TFs, many of us would be geeky fanboys who are UNAWARE that females exist at all.

Or maybe I'll run after you with a Fortress Maximus... that'll hurt!!! I want girls in the TF's line!! There is always guy's playing w/ guy's (well toys)... isn't kinda... gay??

HAhahaha J/p! But see what I mean? Why WOULDNT a boy want to play w/ a girl toy, as long as it's not a Barbie??

@grumpy@

My first GI Joe figure was a Cobra Officer, but my very first member of the actual Joe team I bought was Scarlett. Had a huge crush on her in the comics.

But all the girls in TF's seem reallllly stereotypical...  I hate it!  Why must they be girly??  I want them to be important to a story or something!  Like the boys get to be.. :(  it tisn't fair..  lol

How so? By being attractive? How offensive! I'm offended that the guys in TFormers act all mocho! It's stereotypical! How dare they make it look like all men are meanmeany people!

Seriously. Don't try and pull the "tHey R teh myn0r17y! tey r m15treated!" card. Seriously. Is it a crime to want characters to be attractive? I'd rather date a girl that looks like a girl, not a man.

BlackArachnia, AirRazor, Arcee were big characters. Who cares if they fought in a war, were ass kicking machines, and were valued warriors? Right? I mean they looked like girls!!! How dare they! That is a stereotype! Come on, how the hell can you say they weren't important to the story? They were plenty important. Thus why they were main characters and not secondary.

Hell, if you're looking for a chick(OH NO! I CALLED A WOMAN A CHICK!) that isn't stereotypical in character AND in LOOKS, then there's Strika from Beast Machines. There you go. A regular feminazi who doesn't like wearing bras or shaving her armpits. Nice.

What about Elita-1 and the underground group of fems? They took on Shockwaves troops and stood hidden for millions of years without getting killed. That's something, wouldn't you say?

Hell, let's go even further and say that Jazz was a stereotype because he likes jazz and music, which is favored more among a minority! Uhoh! Now people like Blaster and Jazz are being singled out and stereotyped for bein a minority! It isn't fair that we don't get any other music lovers! @loll@

I don't think that any female TFs really do the TF universe any favours, because they're all just stereotypical females - they have high heels and lipstick for flip's sake!

The mechs have big muscles and armour!!! They gots bigger guns! wahh!!! They are so stereotypical!

The few female TFs that do exist only serve to reinforce the notion that the TF crowd is a load of geeky fanboys who can't get a real girl so they have to look at robot ones.  Think of the recent statue of Arcee posing with one knee up and looking demure and girly, in comparison to all the other statues with the characters looking a bit cool.

No, they exist only to reinforce a little diversity in the show. Maybe in an ideal world, diversity wouldn't exist because we'd all be the same...robots. Nice try jhs8swd, or should I call you, HITLER??? @loll@

Meh.

And knowing is half the battle! @smilepunch@

But all the girls in TF's seem reallllly stereotypical...  I hate it!  Why must they be girly??  I want them to be important to a story or something!  Like the boys get to be.. :(  it tisn't fair..  lol

How so? By being attractive? How offensive! I'm offended that the guys in TFormers act all mocho! It's stereotypical! How dare they make it look like all men are meanmeany people!

Seriously. Don't try and pull the "tHey R teh myn0r17y! tey r m15treated!" card. Seriously. Is it a crime to want characters to be attractive? I'd rather date a girl that looks like a girl, not a man.

BlackArachnia, AirRazor, Arcee were big characters. Who cares if they fought in a war, were ass kicking machines, and were valued warriors? Right? I mean they looked like girls!!! How dare they! That is a stereotype! Come on, how the hell can you say they weren't important to the story? They were plenty important. Thus why they were main characters and not secondary.

Hell, if you're looking for a chick(OH NO! I CALLED A WOMAN A CHICK!) that isn't stereotypical in character AND in LOOKS, then there's Strika from Beast Machines. There you go. A regular feminazi who doesn't like wearing bras or shaving her armpits. Nice.

What about Elita-1 and the underground group of fems? They took on Shockwaves troops and stood hidden for millions of years without getting killed. That's something, wouldn't you say?

Hell, let's go even further and say that Jazz was a stereotype because he likes jazz and music, which is favored more among a minority! Uhoh! Now people like Blaster and Jazz are being singled out and stereotyped for bein a minority! It isn't fair that we don't get any other music lovers! @loll@

I don't think she was referring to the way the characters were portrayed and not saying that them being there was a bad thing. She and I both enjoyed the female characters of all the TF series.

I don't think she was referring to the way the characters were portrayed and not saying that them being there was a bad thing. She and I both enjoyed the female characters of all the TF series.

Then what was she referring to?

She was referring to the characters personalities being so girly that they didn't get that great of a role. Arcee for example became very motherly like to Daniel when throughout Season 3 she was one tough bot. While I personally really liked the fembots in "The Search for Alpha Trion", Erica pointed out to me that they were merely female versions of their boyfriends rather than having their own personalities.

She was referring to the characters personalities being so girly that they didn't get that great of a role. Arcee for example became very motherly like to Daniel when throughout Season 3 she was one tough bot. While I personally really liked the fembots in "The Search for Alpha Trion", Erica pointed out to me that they were merely female versions of their boyfriends rather than having their own personalities.

Well "Opposites attract" doesnt HAVE to apply to every single relationship out there. Couples CAN share strong common traits. It happens in real life all the time.

Again the similarities could stem from how they were designed. Both Firestar and Inferno have the same job, that of firefighters. Chromia and Ironhide are warriors, and apparently made in the same era. Elita-1 and Optimus are leaders.

Cybertronians have almost always been at war. Its not a time to sit around and think up totally individual personalities. Perhaps theres a basic "Leader" personality format, that can evolve on its own yet still posses certain traits for a TF to do its job. Maybe a fighter is SUPPOSED to have a more rough and tumble personality. Or a leader be cool and collected. So Chromia and Ironhide both being onery could be considered fairly logical, that may well rest in how they were programmed.

Similarities are no reason to invalidate anything. The presence of females is no less silly than everything else we have to suspend disbelief for in TF when you look at the big picture.

i also like the fembot characters i mean some already mentioned such as blackarachacnia and arcee dont entirely fit the whole girly i mean there were a number of times when BA kicked plenty of maximal butt. and to answer your question about how is it possible would have been answered if you watched this mornings energon.

i also like the fembot characters i mean some already mentioned such as blackarachacnia and arcee dont entirely fit the whole girly i mean there were a number of times when BA kicked plenty of maximal butt. and to answer your question about how is it possible would have been answered if you watched this mornings energon.

Which one was it? If its the one that introduces Arcee I've already seen it. I see what you mean Doc Evil that they didn't really think about their personalities too in depth. But that kind of goes with all the TFs personalities. There are so many of them that there kind of needs to be somewhat stereotypical personalities. This being the case, male or female, it doesn't matter. I think what really matters is that more female characters NEED to be in TRansformers series.

Oh yes. More female TFs is definately good. ONE new character on each side per line will be anough for me.

I STILL want a Paradron Medic version of E-Arcee, damn it. Universe. Con exclusive. Fan Club premium. Anything. Just throw me a fricken bone here. What can I say? I like teal.

oh god... that's definitely NOT why i want more female characters.. :P but it'd be cool to have more of them for diversity. Having one's that aren't so ... girly, i know i know, dont get mad for me saying it. I like Black Arachnia for that reason. She's tough and smart and cool... XD Not so much like how the girls were in G1... I was talkin' about even the human girls, too, tho. They were so annoying!!!

They should make an entire series about Fembots or something... Call it Transformers: Amazon. Get more girls into it and I knooooow the guys (Transfans and others) would LOVE IT... hehehe @loll@

lol... obviously they'd have, like, Optimus Prima and Megatronia or something equally dumb!! :P But if it had a good premise, the toys might not sell GREAT, but the show might b cool... heheh @loll@