Well Guys I Think I'm Done With Joe Except Rah.

midnight doctor

Sorry to hear it. I think this year will be the best year for figs since the mid 80's.

Draven

People say that every year. People also say that each new wave is the bset since... ____ insert some prior wave here. I just find that amusing. :)

Anyway, I agree with the sentiment that I'm beyond caring what they do with Joe from here on out. I just don't buy them anymore. If it's not RAH on the shelves, I won't get it. I just get more "vintage" stuff or, more importantly, get things from the other toylines that I do have more than a passing interest in. No reason to pump money into something I don't enjoy just because it says G.I. Joe on the package.

I don't say that though. And most people that know would say that. I personally find wave 7 to be the best wave ever and I think this next year will continue to be better thus being better than any year in a long time imo.

Draven

Best wave ever? That's a bit of a stretch................Sure they're improving but they're doing it very slowly since JvC first launched almost 4 years ago.

If they can only back and re-do the charaters that had potential that they blew in the new-shoulder style then I might buy a few more.

Not in my eyes. The detail is better than ever, the porportions are fixed, the new shoulder design rocks and new and old updates are flowing great. And wave 7 is just the tip of that.

Draven

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My best advice is that if anybody is sick of seeing the "I'm leaving Joes" threads......DON'T CLICK ON A THREAD TITLED, "WELL GUYS I THINK I'M DONE WITH JOE EXCEPT RAH."

That's true.....but then I wouldn't be able to make fun of the people who would go to the trouble of posting such silly nonsense! ;)

f5172ff5.jpg

@loll@

Is that a certain feather-brained personality (he who's name shall not be spoken lest he appear and swing his imaginary piece of wood at us) trying to tap into your brain?

;)

You know me too well! @lol@

I like the picking and choosing going on here.  Whenever Ken posts or VH posts, I expect a nice arguement (which I find very entertaining).

And entertaining you folks is my ##1# priority! Hell, I thought the Dear John note a nice humorous way of making just a little mockery of the whole "leaving Joes for another.." type posts, but I guess I used too much of the material provided by Ken, and the sh@# hit the fan.....AGAIN! ^_^

nah, its not either or.. its only when BOTH post

@lol@ Only if we end up on opposing sides of the "debate", when a debate is even possible.

And I don't want to say anythign cause I am supposed to be good (stupid mod stuff), but one of them is almost always right, at the other's expense. (but I can't say which one)

awwww...MAN!! <_<

This: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/piranhaattackboat/

vs this

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/parasite/

Even some of the ARAH trash has been made respectable in the new era.

Compare

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/93/monsterblaster/

to

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/apctransport/

Not ALL of ARAH was "Classic". Much of it was neon trash (especially in the later years). Not ALL of JvC/VvV is bad, much of it is good.

Not ALL of ARAH was "Classic". Much of it was neon trash (especially in the later years). Not ALL of JvC/VvV is bad, much of it is good

True, but most people aren't counting the '90s stuff. Myself, when I refer to RAH, I'm only going up to '88... Even then, most of the stuff was getting weird.

Classic RAH, to me (and quite a few others), would be '82-'87. The movie really was the end for me, although quite a few figures in '88 were pretty cool. Never watched the show past then, though.

This: http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/piranhaattackboat/

vs this

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/92/parasite/

Compare

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/93/monsterblaster/

to

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/apctransport/

Not ALL of ARAH was "Classic". Much of it was neon trash (especially in the later years). Not ALL of JvC/VvV is bad, much of it is good.

How about a more accurate comparison then:

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/90/piranha/

vs

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/piranhaattackboat/

The VvV Piranha barely looks like it would float not to mention the ginormous (love that made up word) engine on the back of it.

Now here's a real winner!

You said something about neon trash?

Yeah, these sold well.

It's nice that you like the new stuff (more power to you) but the RAH line of vehicles FAR overshadows the new vehicles by a very wide margin.

How about a more accurate comparison then:

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/90/piranha/

vs

http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/04/piranhaattackboat/

The VvV Piranha barely looks like it would float not to mention the ginormous (love that made up word) engine on the back of it.

Thanks for proving my point. That ARAH Piranha is WAY top-heavy and is ORANGE and red, while the new Piranha is actually based on real Coast Guard harbor patrol boats (the engine had to be oversized to fit batteries/gears to make it work).

I'm not a JvC/VvV fanboy, I like both eras (and have over 50 ARAH vehicles in my garage, including a terrordrome, 3 hydrofoils and 2 WHALES), but I like them selectively. I enjoy realism and playability. Neither era has a monopoly on those.

The main reason I stopped posting on these boards was because I could not stand JvC and the new stuff. I still can't. I remember most of the posters being pro JvC. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm RAH all the way. However I do like vehicles The Sting Raider and a few here and there but the bad outweigh the good IMO. The Sting Raider looks like it belongs in the RAH line. I also love some the RAH molds of now also but the filecards and names of the characters continue to blow.

i'm pro GI JOE, i enjoy it, i love it. If i dont like something i'll say it, if i do like it, the i'll say that too. It's all gravy i hope u come back and join the discussions here. @smilepunch@

Thanx. Little by little I'm starting to post here and on yojoe again. The Crimson guard packs do interest me a lot. Thats about the only thing I really like about JvC and VvV. The potential to build the big Cobra armies for cheaper prices. But still too many of the new figures and vehicles just don't come out as good as RAH. And I'm talking pre neon RAH.

A lot older collectors like myself stopped collecting in the 90's once all that neon colored giant missle crap was released. Stuff like that killed the Joe line until 1997 which is when I got back into it. I'm seeing the same stuff with some of these new vehicles and their giant laser cannons and missles. Just a waste of plastic. And I also don't like the filecards, different hair colors for classic characters, and just new sculpts in general for these new figures. I will still get a little bit of each wave here and there. Whatever looks good to me, but no way can I be a completist with this new line.

The only drawback was the Parasites color. Detatch the catapult and give it some solid new colors and this the Parasite is an exceptional troop carrier.

The Guppy attack boat has little spring loaded gun gimmickss that bop back and forth. Woo, impressive. And its driver has a goatee.

For that line to be even remotely true. RAH would actually HAVE to be trash. But since it isnt and has RAH lasted twelve whole years you are once again incorrect. If RAH wasnt respectable you wouldnt have your precious substandard JvC today.

And you call the Sound-Attack molested Rattler, Snowcat and AWE Striker being made RESPECTABLE?

Its STILL a RAH mold, which makes it a lot better than the pregnant kiddie park rides that IMPERSONATE Joe vehicles today. And the Monster APC colors arent all that bad in person. I wouldnt own one if I didnt think the vehicle wasnt worthwhile. And Ive been with the line since day one.

Oh, and the TRU Rattler, AWE Striker and Snowcat made RAH molds resectable? I can see why YOU would think that

Not ALL of ARAH was "Classic".

Maybe not 100%, but its track record for quality overall still pulls ahead

Much of it was neon trash (especially in the later years).

Wrong and wrong again. The Neon took a good decade to arrive. The only fault the later years had were COLORS. The sculpts were still very good and Desert Strkier Flint and SUB-Viper proved that. And MANY RAH vehicles had some basis on real military vehicles. The only JvC that comes close is the Humvee.

As for the neon, it was popular at the time. And the first rule of buisness is you have to give the people what they want. Adapt or perish. Neon was Hasbros attempt to give the clientel what had been proven popular at the moment. Thats solid buisness logic. One cannot blame Hasbro for simply wanting to keep the line afloat by appealing to current pop culture.

And if you thinkJvC never had any bad colors, well, you need your eyes examined.

Not ALL of JvC/VvV is bad, much of it is good.

Not all JvC IS bad, granted. Some of the weapons are decent, and the costume designs are okay, But not a whole lot is good. At least RAH had the sense to keep the spring loaded moves and the morefar out concepts out of the main line. Within just a couple years JvC is ALREADY doing what it took RAH almost a decade to do.

I'm not a JvC/VvV fanboy, I like both eras

The way you were calling RAH Mostly trash, you sure could have fooled me.

Maybe every week, we should have a thread putting up a figure and a vehicle from the ARAH era, and have everybody critique it, like we do all the new stuff now.

These message boards didn't exist back when all the ARAH stuff was out, but I bet if it had, the likes and dislikes of the various stuff, would be just as up and down as it is with the new stuff.

I know I certainly didn't like EVERYTHING that came out in the 80's-90's, and like everybody has mentioned, a lot of the neon era crap, ruined some potentially excellent molds on both the vehicles AND figures from those days.

Hasbro wasn't perfect and flawless with the ARAH stuff then nor are they with the new stuff NOW! However, what we deem "perfect" or not, is up to each of our individual preferences.

With so many different ideals on this, this is why I like MORE variety and MORE characters, rather than the hard focus on the main ones over and over and over again. Mix it up a little more, and they're bound to hit a little something for everyone that's ever been into'em.

Right now, I picture Snake Eyes, standing in his underwear, in front of his HUGE wardrobe closet, trying to decide WHICH of his many uniforms to throw on, for the days events, and since he has quite the variety in dress choices, he's scratching his head. ^_^

That would actually make a pretty funny cartoon drawing! @hmmm@ hmmm?

Hasbro wasn't perfect and flawless with the ARAH stuff then nor are they with the new stuff NOW! However, what we deem "perfect" or not, is up to each of our individual preferences.

That needs to be imprinted on every joe fan. I'm getting tired of fandom getting bent-out-of-shape anything something comes along that they don't personally approve of.

Maybe every week, we should have a thread putting up a figure and a vehicle from the ARAH era, and have everybody critique it, like we do all the new stuff now.

These message boards didn't exist back when all the ARAH stuff was out, but I bet if it had, the likes and dislikes of the various stuff, would be just as up and down as it is with the new stuff.

I know I certainly didn't like EVERYTHING that came out in the 80's-90's, and like everybody has mentioned, a lot of the neon era crap, ruined some potentially excellent molds on both the vehicles AND figures from those days.

With so many different ideals on this, this is why I like MORE variety and MORE characters, rather than the hard focus on the main ones over and over and over again. Mix it up a little more, and they're bound to hit a little something for everyone that's ever been into'em.

Right now, I picture Snake Eyes, standing in his underwear, in front of his HUGE wardrobe closet, trying to decide WHICH of his many uniforms to throw on, for the days events, and since he has quite the variety in dress choices, he's scratching his head. ^_^

That would actually make a pretty funny cartoon drawing! @hmmm@ hmmm?

great idea, start putting it up everyweek.

While i'm not going to be getting any more rah figs for my collection, rah vehicles own.

I'm not a JvC/VvV fanboy, I like both eras

The way you were calling RAH Mostly trash, you sure could have fooled me.

I didn't say MOST, I said MUCH. You're putting words in my mouth. I agree with many of your points and think you've gone off the deep end categorizing me as anti-RAh. I'm not. I love both. I just disagree with your statement, "

Nothing will ever beat a classic". The new wave 7 SE beats the "Classic" V2 SE. That's pretty obvious. Not all of RAH was "Classic", either. Some was just dumb. (yes, some of JvC was dumb, too).

Hey, now that we have GI Joe: Bionic 6 or whatever it's called now, this puts a whole new spin on the whole "I'm done with GI Joe except RAH (reissues)"...

Because guess what? I'm with him now, and I know a lot of you out there would agree after hearing the Fantastic 6 news...

Hey guys.I've been having this feeling for quite awhile.The JvsC line just doesn't do it for me anymore.I've found wave 6 twice and passed em up both times.I feel about the same way about the pics i've seen for wave 7.The JvsC figures just don't make me excited.One thing that really has turned me off is the vehicles.Who designs these things?Tonka???I've just come to the conclusion that this is it.Unless the Bat theme for this year rocks I have bought my last JvsC figures.

Now the RAH stuff on the otherhand still excites me.Be it the 6 packs or comic 3 packs I still plan on getting these and any vehicle reissues.

Check the trade forums in the next few weeks because I will start dumping stuff there.

I'll still float by for Joe info and can be found in other forums as well.

Peace.

well man it looks like you got out at the right time.

Yeah, I'm offering up my FACE if anyone wants to punch it, or take a squirt on my head WHATEVER, for having jumped all over midnight doctor (and others) for posting his leaving the Joes topic!

fbac9a20.jpg

Punch'er GOOD, so maybe I can feel it, because I'm feeling like a real schmuck for defending against the nay-sayers in all this, and now right on the same damn page with'em! :(

*whew*

Had a few takers already!

Man that ARROW hits hard!

f51292bb.jpg

*whew*

Had a few takers already!

Man that ARROW hits hard!

f51292bb.jpg

You're such a pansy, VH! :)

A real Joe-fan would have defend himself, and beat some arse!

The way I see it kids, if anything, just sit back and watch the 8-inch line soar due to it's kiddy-look, and TV-show. If they cancel 3 3/4"-joes, it'll mean I have more money for the cons each year. :)

-Kevin