Well Guys I Think I'm Done With Joe Except Rah.

midnight doctor

Hey guys.I've been having this feeling for quite awhile.The JvsC line just doesn't do it for me anymore.I've found wave 6 twice and passed em up both times.I feel about the same way about the pics i've seen for wave 7.The JvsC figures just don't make me excited.One thing that really has turned me off is the vehicles.Who designs these things?Tonka???I've just come to the conclusion that this is it.Unless the Bat theme for this year rocks I have bought my last JvsC figures.

Now the RAH stuff on the otherhand still excites me.Be it the 6 packs or comic 3 packs I still plan on getting these and any vehicle reissues.

Check the trade forums in the next few weeks because I will start dumping stuff there.

I'll still float by for Joe info and can be found in other forums as well.

Peace.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

confused-smiley-013.gifwhat can we say?

I personally have a really good feeling youll be BACK TO JOE TOTALLY---

I WAS EXCITED LAST YEAR AT THIS TIME----------

but right not i am 'REALLY' EXCITED ABOUT JOE----------

I have a feeling that they are just going to blow us all away with

stuff soon!!!!

i really think the VEICHLES WILL RETURN TO ---A BETTER FORM!!!!

NOTHING LIKE 1985----BUT CLOSE-------I have "NO" insider info

or anything

IM JUST AN OPTOMIST!!!!!!

I REALLY THINK IN THE NEXT 12-24 MONTHS WE'RE ALL GOING TO SEE

G.I. JOE IN A WAY THAT WE ALL REMEMBER-------

MY PREDICTIONS INCLUDE

--BUT NOT LIMITED TO---

1. A CARTOON----ATLEAST WEEKLY

2. A LIVE ACTION MOVIE

3. VECHILES---BETTER THAN WHAT WEVE BEEN GETTING ALTHOUGH

IM HAPPY WITH "MOST "OF THEM

4. A LARGE G I JOE BASE

5. A LARGE--BETTER COBRA BASE OR BAT FACTORY

6. ALOT MORE RELEASES-----RAH STYLE

COMIC PACKS AND VECHILES

7. A FEW MORE MAIL INS--MAYBE EVEN A CATALOG

I THINK WELL SEE A LOT OF THIS AT THE CON!!!!

DOC

I have to mirror midnight doctor, but for different reasons, except that I'm not planning on my ANYMORE Joes in any major way.

GIJOE just doesn't have the "oomph" that used to have for me.

Last thing I bought that had any wow factor was the Jungle Strike, last thing I SAW that gave me any spark of wow was the Sting Raider, and I will still buy that when I see it.

But........

The figures themselves are bleh.............bland, uninteresting to me. Part of it is the constant re-use of gear, the constant re-issues of the figures themselves. the comics packs, the army builder packs--they do absolute zilch for me. No interest at all.

Part of it too, is having seen what's on the "other side of the fence" so to speak.

I'm taken by the recent Microman stuff--same scale--at least double the articulation--and i'm a articulation junkie.

Those and my now-main collecting thrust of the Marvel Legends. Superheroes always have been my first collecting love, and that interest shows no sign of abating.

I lost interest in the Joes before, and I'm sure that if they do something novel or 'interesting" with the line in the future ( like this rumoured "new scale" side line I'm hearing about) then I'll be back to them.

Right now, they have waned for me.

The JvsC line just doesn't do it for me anymore.I've found wave 6 twice and passed em up both times.I feel about the same way about the pics i've seen for wave 7.The JvsC figures just don't make me excited.

Nothing wrong with that. I made the same determination last year. I was letting my lingering interest in the new stuff ruin my enjoyment of ARAH stuff, too. Once I bade farewell to the new sculpts, I've found a lot of the old enjoyment I used to get out of Joes a few years back.

It's not that the new figures are bad. Quite the contrary. However, they are not the toys I played with as a child and that connection has always been what's driven my collection. Thus, the ARAH stuff still holds my interest. In fact, I've found that I enjoy it more now that I don't have the pressures of keeping up with each and every new figure wave. It's much more relaxing. :)

i was like that in the late 90s but then in 2001 i got back on the bandwagon .and im getting very happy with what im seeing come out this year and i bet IT WILL BE GETTIING BETTER! i just have a great feeling .but you have to do what you feel you need to .sorry to see ya go. but keep in touch on the boards.

Sorry to hear it. I think this year will be the best year for figs since the mid 80's.

Draven

I do have to AGREE with u there DRAVEN-----

I think this year will make ALL THE BAD STUFF that HASBRO given us

ALMOST go away!!!!!

and i also think that this is the YEAR for the PUSH TO THE 3 3/4 JOES 25th ANNI!!!!!

ITS COMING ---and i think its gonna be HUGE!!!!!

DOC

Er, no need to be so dramatic.

The ONLY things I'm buying are vintage RAH loose figures, Comic 3-packs, and a FEW select new items of interest (some TRU 6-packs, Wave 6 Snow Wolf, Wave 7 Snake Eyes, etc). So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, except I still consider myself a Joe fan.

You don't have to buy EVERYTHING to be into GI Joe... sheesh!

This thread is quickly becoming nauseating! :rolleyes:

It's like reading Dear John breakup letters or something!

"DEAR G.I.JOE FANS...

I'M LEAVING YOU FOR ANOTHER TOYLINE!

I'VE LOST INTEREST MONTHS AGO, AND JUST CAN'T PUT ON THE FALSE AFFECTION FOR YOU ANYMORE!

I'VE GROWN MORE FOND OF ANOTHER...MORE ARTICULATE TOY TO PLAY WITH, AND I JUST DON'T SEE MYSELF COMING AROUND ANYMORE, UNLESS YOU GROW BIGGER BOOBS TO LOOK AT AND GET SOME EXTRA MOVING PARTS, TO CATCH MY INTEREST!

@cry@ IT'S BEEN FUN!

Sorry to hear it. I think this year will be the best year for figs since the mid 80's.

Draven

I agree, I mean these pics just say it all (from GeneralsJoes AWESOME review site :) )

http://www.generalsjoes.com/images/reviews...snakeeyes-2.jpg

http://www.generalsjoes.com/images/reviews...207/viper-4.jpg

RAH can't hold a candle to that :)

The JvsC line just doesn't do it for me anymore.I've found wave 6 twice and passed em up both times.I feel about the same way about the pics i've seen for wave 7.The JvsC figures just don't make me excited.

Nothing wrong with that. I made the same determination last year. I was letting my lingering interest in the new stuff ruin my enjoyment of ARAH stuff, too. Once I bade farewell to the new sculpts, I've found a lot of the old enjoyment I used to get out of Joes a few years back.

It's not that the new figures are bad. Quite the contrary. However, they are not the toys I played with as a child and that connection has always been what's driven my collection. Thus, the ARAH stuff still holds my interest. In fact, I've found that I enjoy it more now that I don't have the pressures of keeping up with each and every new figure wave. It's much more relaxing. :)

Well said, Mike! I feel the same way you do. The new "Joes" just don't do anything for me. I do like a few vehicles here and there (Sting Raider, Mechs, Jungle Strike) but the comic packs are what really keep me into Joe. The TRU sets too, but not to the same degree.

@bats@

ITS COMING ---and i think its gonna be HUGE!!!!!

One could say the same when taking a dump.

In fact, both this action AND GI Joe could result in similar results... A huge turd.

:: Looks over at HISS IV Re-deco and paint jobs on Vipers ::

Hsbro IS reticent to correct past errors. Dont say its impossible for history to repeat itself.

RAH can't hold a candle to that

When you look at tiny melon heads, huge ginormous dhoulders, parts that cant swap with each other universally, soft plastic, non-individualized gear, non-exclusive unarmed drivers with half-assed decos, RAH doesnt merely hold a candle to JvC. It holds a BONFIRE.

At least RAH kept the weirder stuff and cheaper gimmicks confined to sub-lines. JvC makes them the primary FOCUS of the line. The biggest mistakes many claim RAH made took many years to accomplish. JvC started making them within only a couple.

When you look at tiny melon heads, huge ginormous dhoulders, parts that cant swap with each other universally, soft plastic, non-individualized gear, non-exclusive unarmed drivers with half-assed decos, RAH doesnt merely hold a candle to JvC. It holds a BONFIRE.

At least RAH kept the weirder stuff and cheaper gimmicks confined to sub-lines. JvC makes them the primary FOCUS of the line. The biggest mistakes many claim RAH made took many years to accomplish. JvC started making them within only a couple.

Well said!

Though I like that new Snake Eyes, the new Viper re-deco doesn't really do it for me... Don't really know what all the fuss is about.

This thread is quickly becoming nauseating! :rolleyes:

"DEAR G.I.JOE FANS...

I'VE LOST INTEREST MONTHS AGO, AND JUST CAN'T PUT ON THE FALSE AFFECTION FOR YOU ANYMORE!

I'VE GROWN MORE FOND OF ANOTHER...MORE ARTICULATE TOY TO PLAY WITH, AND I JUST DON'T SEE MYSELF COMING AROUND ANYMORE, UNLESS YOU GROW BIGGER BOOBS TO LOOK AT AND GET SOME EXTRA MOVING PARTS, TO CATCH MY INTEREST!

@cry@ IT'S BEEN FUN!

It figures you'd try to spin this into something else.

Isn't it enough that you can still enjoy the stuff??

These complaints are nothing new!

Are some of you people just a little slow or what? The time to jump ship was WAAAAAY BACK around wave 2 of JVC, and if you stuck it out through SPY POOPS, you weathered the worst, and should consider yourself a real trooper!

I'm thinking things are on the UP swing and looking better. At least the variety and regular offerings of ARAH figures and vehicles are much larger now, than ever before.

Besides all that, even the new figures are even looking much better than they ever have.

I think it's the fandom that most people are burnt out on! Get off the damn computers, and go about doing some OTHER things to occupy your time, and stop letting PEOPLE ruin your hobbies!

This thread is quickly becoming nauseating!  :rolleyes:

"DEAR G.I.JOE FANS...

@cry@  IT'S BEEN FUN!

@hmmm@ oh please Ken.....do tell what that might be? I'd be very interested in hearing the deeper motives behind my comments on THIS one?

You're one paranoid little bugger anymore..ain't cha?

This thread is quickly becoming nauseating!   :rolleyes:

"DEAR G.I.JOE FANS...

@cry@  IT'S BEEN FUN!

@hmmm@ oh please Ken.....do tell what that might be? I'd be very interested in hearing the deeper motives behind my comments on THIS one?

You're one paranoid little bugger anymore..ain't cha?

No.

Why the comments?

I mean.....................why is what you posted even NECESSARY?

You tell me what your motives are--i haven't a clue.

You cited points I made in my post specifically, no-one else in the thread has mentioned them, and you've been antagonistic to me before and haven't learned to be otherwise, so...........

What merited the comments?

Is it your "frustration" that other collectors don't like what you like?

Why should you give a #$## about what I, or anyone else like--and why is it necessary to try to ridicule or even make light of other reasons for collecting??

No paranoia, just outright puzzlement about how you can be so bloody petty and small-minded.

I'm waiting ( and would be DELIGHTED) to see you behave like a bigger man than this--but I've learned simply not to expect it.

*singing* SO LONG FAREWELL, SEE U IN HELL, GOOD DAY GOOD BYE I'LL TRY NOT TO CRY, CAUSE U"RE LEAVING JOE MY FRIEND*singing*

Serious I hate to see anyone leave but I feel you on alot of things. Ive said it time and again that I would leave but my love of Joe is just to strong. I do admit I get frustrated several times when I look at figures that could have been outstanding but because of simple overlooked things they become crap. One thing Hasbro needs to realize is that Joe is a military themed line. They seem to stray way to far away from that. Its fine for Cobra cause they are crazy as is but the joes need to stay military focused. HAsbro needs to get personal weapons as well. Like for BombStrike they gave here a walkie talkie...granted she cant hold it but still she has one. Maybe they could have given her a small foldable satellite as well. She would have been a perfect candidate for a ghile suit as well. I think thats how u spell it. Anyway Hasbro just needs to really focus or more people will leave. Oh and they need to stop leaving out stuff and have better communication with the fans. If the figure isnt complete then just push it back and explain whats going on.

No.

Why the comments?

Why is ANYTHING we post necessary?

Some comments were made I felt inspired to respond to, and seeing another of those "farewell to Joe" posts, just made me feel like sharing.

You've made multiple posts on where your head is at with the 3 3/4" Joes, and your new fondness of the Marvel stuff, so I guess you could say, I was politely asking you to SPARE US yet another.

Well now wait-a-minute captain schleprock, you already stated I was "spinning this into something else" so that would indicate you had a destination already in mind. Now you're playing dumb on me?

You cited points I made in my post specifically, no-one else in the thread has mentioned them, and you've been antagonistic  to me before and haven't learned to be otherwise, so...........

Guess I got ahead of myself....

I'll repeat, You've made multiple posts on where your head is at with the 3 3/4" Joes, and your new fondness of the Marvel stuff, so I guess you could say, I was politely asking you to SPARE US yet another.

^_^ yeah, I've been around a little longer than that! I wouldn't say my reputation around here, would back your accusation, as I've hardly given people a hard time for NOT liking the new Joes, especially when I've had my OWN numerous gripes about them.

I'm all about expressing our opinions on the new stuff, and what we like or dislike about it, but what I'm getting tired of, are these posts to declare "I"M LEAVING JOES FOR GOOD!" crap. You're even more ridiculous, becuase you feel the need to tell us all who your leaving us for......"MARVEL LEGENDS!"

:rolleyes: whoopty friggin doo!!

Why should you give a #$## about what I, or anyone else like--and why is it necessary to try to ridicule or even make light of other reasons for collecting??

No paranoia, just outright puzzlement about how you can be so bloody petty and small-minded.

You're one to talk! We'll leave all the lecturing to YOU I guess..ay Ken?

I'm waiting ( and would be DELIGHTED) to see you behave like a bigger man than this--but I've learned simply not to expect it.

Well, you've forgotten the most important lessen Ken, and that's You get what ya give!

No.

Why the comments?

Why is ANYTHING we post necessary?

Some comments were made I felt inspired to respond to, and seeing another of those "farewell to Joe" posts, just made me feel like sharing.

You've made multiple posts on where your head is at with the 3 3/4" Joes, and your new fondness of the Marvel stuff, so I guess you could say, I was politely asking you to SPARE US yet another.

Well now wait-a-minute captain schleprock, you already stated I was "spinning this into something else" so that would indicate you had a destination already in mind. Now you're playing dumb on me?

You cited points I made in my post specifically, no-one else in the thread has mentioned them, and you've been antagonistic  to me before and haven't learned to be otherwise, so...........

Guess I got ahead of myself....

I'll repeat, You've made multiple posts on where your head is at with the 3 3/4" Joes, and your new fondness of the Marvel stuff, so I guess you could say, I was politely asking you to SPARE US yet another.

^_^ yeah, I've been around a little longer than that! I wouldn't say my reputation around here, would back your accusation, as I've hardly given people a hard time for NOT liking the new Joes, especially when I've had my OWN numerous gripes about them.

I'm all about expressing our opinions on the new stuff, and what we like or dislike about it, but what I'm getting tired of, are these posts to declare "I"M LEAVING JOES FOR GOOD!" crap. You're even more ridiculous, becuase you feel the need to tell us all who your leaving us for......"MARVEL LEGENDS!"

:rolleyes: whoopty friggin doo!!

You're one to talk! We'll leave all the lecturing to YOU I guess..ay Ken?

Well, you've forgotten the most important lessen Ken, and that's You get what ya give!

GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS! can't we all just get along? @smilepunch@

anyways... I'm more maturer than both of you *runs away