Transformers G1 Reissues No More

Dark Gundam

What the hell? I just read over at animepunch that he got this response on February 4th. HERE

That's good news. It does seem stupid to cancel TF reissues just when they hype is starting to build up about the movie, and Takara's getting to good characters...

Remember guys, we STILL haven't seen anything official!

If true, not much of a shock. Prices were too high and sales were (seemingly) slow.

Sales were slow because prices were always high. They wanted $30 for a TF the size of a $10 TF with enough die-cast as found in one or two $1 Hot Wheels cars. It was ridiculous.

It's a shame that they'd rather cancel it than lower the prices to be more reasonable, and tells me a lot about Hasbro stupid side.

i think series 1 & 2 set a precident that unfortunately didnt pan out for hasbro. (and now us)

i still dont get why canada didnt get powermaster prime.

The same reason why Sideswipe was not released in the #US1#

I think they are experimenting to find out how many true fans are out there & how fare are they willing to go to collect all the Commemorative Reissues....Think about it. @hmmm@

problem is simple.

High prices. If im gonna pay that Ill get Takara. Do you realize for the same price I can have Japans version???? Thats just says TRU is charging to much.

Inside the box looks cheesy, no extras, or the extra mile.

They arent 100% exact. Jazz long missles, Steppers black gun, long seeker missles. I know why but still.

These things just sit no matter what.

problem is simple.

High prices. If im gonna pay that Ill get Takara. Do you realize for the same price I can have Japans version???? Thats just says TRU is charging to much.

Inside the box looks cheesy, no extras, or the extra mile.

They arent 100% exact. Jazz long missles, Steppers black gun, long seeker missles. I know why but still.

These things just sit no matter what.

AS for the toy changes themselves, that's Hasbro's doing. They shouldn't have done so, but you can thank soccor moms for that.

The higher prices is all TRUs fault. After the first wave, they jacked up the prices of all the reissues to sell at what profit THEY wanted. They could have been FINE if they sold Jazz, Bluestreak, or Tracks for $20, but they wanted that extra $10 for their own profit. THe wholesale price for a reissue is $12.

Exactly. At some point a company has to say, well we are draining our market, maybe we should ease up. Thats TRU for ya. Hasbro is not really to blame here as far as prices go, but maybe they shouldn't have sold it exclusively to TRU.

If not for Toys R Us being as greedy as they are, it might have worked out better. If reissues were in different stores, they might have been easier to find. GUess this is where we have to go Takara all the way.

You know, the TRU reissues were the only reason I wanted them to stay in business... Now I couldn't care less if they went under. It's a crap place to buy toys anyway.

I still want my Joe stuff, so they better stick around.

I heard they are going under, something about changing to only baby'r'us, getting rid of the older toys.... :o

I still prefer Wal-Mart or Target, but the cheapest place is Wal'mart @smoke@