Tru Cobra Infantry Released From Prison?

Forcehunter

Since we have heard that the characters from Comic Pack #9 will be coming out sometime, does this indicate that the Chinese have openned up the factory where the molds of the CIF are?

For those of you who have been living underneath a rock for the past few months, here's the scenerio:

At the 04 Joe Con, Hasbro informed us that the mold to the TRU Exclusive Cobra Infantry Forces was lost in a factory in China. It is beleieved that the factory owed the commies the protection fee and they couldn't pay up so Uncle Jang and the red-diaper dopper babies shut it down, and denied Hasbro access. It was believed that the molds for Comic Pack Scarlett and Breaker were in that same factory, thus leading to the sudden cancellation after the con. Now with the appearance of those characters on the lists again and pretty strong indication that the lists are legit, it would seemHasbro some how gained access to the factory.

I really hope that this is the case. Hasbro can milk that mold as much as it wants to with the Fire Fly and Stomie molds, but get more.

I would say its a possibilty. We should know at this con. However they also said they would not release them again in the same color scheme. So if they do have them back don't count on a straight release again. I would love a set with a lighter shade of blue(ala toon and brazil) and maybe a gray one like a Stinger driver or lastly a PP set.

Draven

I would love a PP2 Paint scheme on those babies! Or they could pack em in with vehicles too.

Itd be nice if they still had the original prototype for re-casting a mold.

Not like they couldnt come up with a bunch of other uses to offset the costs. Like the afore mentioned Stinger Drivers and updated Python Patrol colors. Excellent ideas right there. A troop builder 2-pack would sell well. Plus any colorscheme a future TRU 6-pack can dictate.

I still want one with a silver chest emblem packed with Barrel-Rolls glider as an homage to the original Viper Glider

A straight re-release of the Infantry set would be a good gesture. Add better weapons and youve got a donkey ride to Heaven.

Yep pack them with a vehicle and we can get the same paint scheme basically. Like the CG have been done.

Another good idea. give them some sort of insignia on their arm as some sort of vehicle corps grade. A three pack with a Cobra colored VAMP and Whirlwind perhaps? One can be grey like the Stinger Driver

Itd be nice if they still had the original prototype for re-casting a mold.

Not like they couldnt come up with a bunch of other uses to offset the costs. Like the afore mentioned Stinger Drivers and updated Python Patrol colors. Excellent ideas right there. A troop builder 2-pack would sell well. Plus any colorscheme a future TRU 6-pack can dictate.

I still want one with a silver chest emblem packed with Barrel-Rolls glider as an homage to the original Viper Glider

A straight re-release of the Infantry set would be a good gesture. Add better weapons and youve got a donkey ride to Heaven.

Yep pack them with a vehicle and we can get the same paint scheme basically. Like the CG have been done.

Another good idea. give them some sort of insignia on their arm as some sort of vehicle corps grade. A three pack with a Cobra colored VAMP and Whirlwind perhaps? One can be grey like the Stinger Driver

Sold me on that last idea there Doc! :)

Draven

Hasbro informed us that the mold to the TRU Exclusive Cobra Infantry Forces was lost in a factory in China. It is beleieved that the factory owed the commies the protection fee and they couldn't pay up so Uncle Jang and the red-diaper dopper babies shut it down, and denied Hasbro access.

China is probably 1 of the most corrupted countries in terms of everything. Every single F is money, They even ban Fifa 95 and Nike commercial just cus someguy didn't get enuf money out of it. ... hate those stupid un-ethical sh*t-heads. Most of my friends who invested in China are facing huge problems with those S-holes ... every single F need some kick-back. Tho it might sound racist ... my Grandad/Dad/Mom..etc are all chinese .. but I'm now a Martian ... somehow I got abducted and ended up with 3 dicks and a stoned brain ... :D

It's lucky I got a hold of a few cases of those Infantry Troopers ... else I'll nvr b able to do a mega-dio of Cobra HQ ... over here TRU don't even have them, all are sold thru toy dealers.... :)

Hasbro informed us that the mold to the TRU Exclusive Cobra Infantry Forces was lost in a factory in China. It is beleieved that the factory owed the commies the protection fee and they couldn't pay up so Uncle Jang and the red-diaper dopper babies shut it down, and denied Hasbro access.

China is probably 1 of the most corrupted countries in terms of everything. Every single F is money, They even ban Fifa 95 and Nike commercial just cus someguy didn't get enuf money out of it. ... hate those stupid un-ethical sh*t-heads. Most of my friends who invested in China are facing huge problems with those S-holes ... every single F need some kick-back. Tho it might sound racist ... my Grandad/Dad/Mom..etc are all chinese .. but I'm now a Martian ... somehow I got abducted and ended up with 3 dicks and a stoned brain ... :D

It's lucky I got a hold of a few cases of those Infantry Troopers ... else I'll nvr b able to do a mega-dio of Cobra HQ ... over here TRU don't even have them, all are sold thru toy dealers.... :)

Well, the place is known for bootlegs. I wouldn't call you a racist, but calling everyone in China a F(everyone who is there, regardless of color) because the policy there, is stereotyping. However, the nation needs to redo some of their lifestyle since the country seems corrupt and harsh on ther poor innocent ppl there.

@loll@ Heeelllooooo infidels! Glad to see more Michael Savage listeners here.

Back to the topic: I would love hasbro to do the Stinger Gray Trooeprs or maybe a Jungle Troopers set.

Royal, of course I listen to the modern John the Baptist.

Okay, back on track: Hasbro would be very stupid to not do a straight re-release of these boys. I think that this is the one mold nobody would get tired of. Sooo many paint schemes could work with it and there are so many vehicles you can pack it in. TRU saw how much of a success it was, they would be foolish to not take another Infantry set. I said earlier that they lasted only a few days and were completely gone in my town.

Well, the place is known for bootlegs. I wouldn't call you a racist, but calling everyone in China a F(everyone who is there, regardless of color) because the policy there, is stereotyping. However, the nation needs to redo some of their lifestyle since the country seems corrupt and harsh on ther poor innocent ppl there.

What are you going to do... China is the new USSR Soviet Union of our time. @hmmm@

I always had hopes that they would re-release the infantry pack in the same paint schem but in the next years theme packaging. So instead of seeing them in the same VvV package, they would be in the RR package (whatever that is going to look like). Of course it would be totally hot if they would include a gray version and the silver emblem as some have mentioned. I would totally jump on a Python Patrol set too... but maybe they could toss in one of the new Crimson Guards painted in PP colors... maybe even a Viper (RAH... not the new VvV :) ).

Won't be available in the same colors. yet we get re-releases of BJ's Dialtone, 2001 Leatherneck, and a near reissue of 2000 Pathfinder. Along with the previously released Duke and Heavy Duty figures being repackaged with a repainted cobra. And 3 reissued figures with a repaint Storm Shadow in the K-Mart Operation-Whatever set.

Figure out if that makes any sense.

That would be awesome... Of course, I'd like to see Stinger drivers, Officers with silver emblems, and maybe a cartoon version, which had white trim.

I SUPPOSE red versions would be alright too...

I'd like to see the Stinger go with Stinger drivers.............

No more red versions please. I like the original CG but Hasbro has over-milked the Crimson sub-line.

Won't be available in the same colors. yet we get re-releases of BJ's Dialtone, 2001 Leatherneck, and a near reissue of 2000 Pathfinder. Along with the previously released Duke and Heavy Duty figures being repackaged with a repainted cobra. And 3 reissued figures with a repaint Storm Shadow in the K-Mart Operation-Whatever set.

Figure out if that makes any sense.

And the VHS pack! @propeller@