New Alex Ross Figures And Jla Giftpack!

Supreme Convoy

Edit: More hi-res images are up.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=10&itemid=6092

Alex Ross Figures

JLA-figs.jpg

JLA Giftpack

JLA-FigureGiftSet.jpg

I think I might get the Alex Ross Batman since I just got War on Crime (and might as well get Rosss' Superman figure). And a classic looking Aquaman! I gotta get that and Flash.

And it's cool DC Direct are making more Bat figures.

These look AWESOME!!! I'm loving that JLA set - finally the hook Aquaman, a decent WW and a modern John Stewart!

With the exception of Black Manta's neck & Batman boots, the Ross figures look great too - the Black Canary is hot! @loll@

the jla box set kinda makes me sad

I only want two figures from that set.

Is it fair? not to the ones who have collecting for awhile. I've wanted a MA John Stewart for awhile. and Hook Aquaman is nice. The other 3 are figures I already own, and there our multiple versions of them which I'm sure every dcd fan ahs atleast one. They could of put better figures in this box set like a Martian Manhunter (popular and rare) Superman Blue, Black Oval Batman, or Superman with the Long hair to reflect the different JLA eras from the current title.

:(

They could of sold the aquaman and john stewart just as well single carded imo.

I think I might get the Alex Ross Batman since I just got War on Crime (and might as well get Rosss' Superman figure). And a classic looking Aquaman! I gotta get that and Flash.

And it's cool DC Direct are making more Bat figures.

I'm definately getting the Ross Parasite and Batman. And I don't want to buy the whole damn giftpack for that regular Batman. :angry:

There's no doubt that DCDirect coulda sold GL John Stewart & "hook" Aquaman single carded & made a ton of $$! Being as I already have the big 3, I'll have to pass on this as much as I wanted Mr Stewart. I will however be getting everyone in AR wave 2 except maybe Parasite. I gotta see more of him at Toyfair next week to be sure.

They all look beautiful! With the exception of Black Manta I'm gonna pass on Ross' villains, until they make Bt-Villains of course! The set is awesome and I'm definitely going to end up with two of them becasue anymore that seems to be how I buy all my ?Batman figures. One is never enough!!!! We're also getting an Identity Crisis wave!

Can't wait for October solicits to see the rest of the Long Halloween line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not a big DCD collector, but I wouldn't mind buying that box set, but damn why does Batman's head look so lame....

classic Aquaman looks really cool as well and so I might get him as well.

My thoughts:

The JLA set...

I like the set, don't get me wrong, but this could have been a sigle carded set - Batman, Aquaman, John Stewart could have made Wave 3 of the JLA series IMO. I'll end up buying the set anyway, but I wish that DCD could have made a JSA Box set instead - we need MA figures for the JSA more than we need JLA figures....

The Alex Ross sets:

Now those are sweet :) Aquaman and Batman are must-haves, along with Superman and Flash in Series 1. I may buy both Ross sets after seeing them all

Overall, the figures are nice - but I really hope DCD listens and puts out some MA JSA figures PLEEEASE....

Not an Alex Ross fan, but Bats and Canary look great. Might have to ponder the thought of buying these.

The JLA set is friggin' awesome - finally... Aquaman ain't queer, we get a JLA Batman and WW doesn't look like a pale super heroine with an eating disorder. JS GL looks great, but seems like Supes lost some articulation

I can't wait for that JLA set, although I do agree that Supes/Bats/WW should have been replaced with other characters like MM, Steel (JLA), and Connor Hawke (Although a GA DCD wave would be sweeter). Good idea on the long hair Supes/yellow oval Bats (with shoulder "horns")....basically a Howard Porter JLA set.

ARGH! Why have a giftset!!! nooOoooo

I like the rest of 'em.

Here are my thoughts:

Alex Ross JLA Series 2:

Batman: Looks awesome. I still prefer the yellow oval Bat symbol though.

Black Canary: Looks really great, but I don’t really like her very much .

Aquaman: Well it trumps the Super Friends box set version, and I honestly thought that would be the best version of regular Aquaman we’d get. Fantastic.

Parasite: He’s actually a pretty cool villain, I’m not sure if I like this figure though. I would have preferred a leech head version, of course that would not be how Ross draws him. He’s also horribly preposed. Still I love villain figures, especially ones that never had a figure before.

Black Manta: For some reason I hate the look of Black Manta with red eyes. It just looks wrong, and destroys the ensemble. They should also make the head bigger, so the neck doesn’t look so weird. Super Friends box set version was better.

I think I’m going to have to buy all the Alex Ross JLA figures now, since I’m a completeist and some of these figures are just too good to pass on.

JLA Box Set:

Batman: Wow, already a repaint of Alex Ross Batman, though I think the box set version is supposed to come out first. Anyway the replacement head sculpt pretty much ruins the figure. I’ve got four main problems with it. First, why is Batman smiling? Batman hardly ever smiles, like once in a blue moon. Batman should not be smiling. Second, why are there so many wrinkles above Batman’s eyes? Is he a Neanderthal caveman? No of course not. Batman’s cowl is made from a think enough material that it would not wrinkle no matter what expression Batman had on his face. Granted the Alex Ross Batman also has wrinkles on his cowl, but there’re on his forehead, not on his eyebrows, and that’s how Alex Ross draws him, the regular figure has no excuse however. Three, why are Batman’s lips so pink? Did he just eat a cherry popsicle? It needs to be fixed. Fourth, since when does Batman have giant white circles for eye? Why doesn’t he have his stretched out loop sided triangle eyes? [Obviously I’m not very good at geometry.] He needs a new head sculpt.

Superman: His lips are also way too pink. I’d say it’s hard to judge the head sculpt at this angle, but it looks like the lower half of his face might be too skinny.

Aquaman: I’m not sure, but I think I like Hook Hand Aquaman better than regular Aquaman. I guess because it gives him a couple of extra powers, using the hook as a grappling hook or a harpoon, stabbing people, and so on and so forth. Needless to say I’m pretty excited about this figure. I was pretty mad when they originally cancelled the figure, in favor of the more current holographic hand version. Now they’ve finally righted that wrong, and the figure looks superb too. It’s also great to have another Total Justice figure remade and totally surpassed. Now if DC Direct could just make a Despero and a way taller Darkseid I’d be all set.

Green Lantern: Need a new John Stewart. The old one’s look is a tad dated. I have to say this new one’s head looks a bit too cartoony though.

Wonder Woman: I really liked this figure the first time it was released, but a third time? Is that really necessary? Also I can't see the difference between this head sculpt and the old one.

Still this is a major improvement over the other two repaint box sets. I’ll buy it, mainly for the Aquaman and Green Lantern figures.

Batman: Wow, already a repaint of Alex Ross Batman, though I think the box set version is supposed to come out first. Anyway the replacement head sculpt pretty much ruins the figure. I’ve got four main problems with it. First, why is Batman smiling? Batman hardly ever smiles, like once in a blue moon. Batman should not be smiling. Second, why are there so many wrinkles above Batman’s eyes? Is he a Neanderthal caveman? No of course not. Batman’s cowl is made from a think enough material that it would not wrinkle no matter what expression Batman had on his face. Granted the Alex Ross Batman also has wrinkles on his cowl, but there’re on his forehead, not on his eyebrows, and that’s how Alex Ross draws him, the regular figure has no excuse however. Three, why are Batman’s lips so pink? Did he just eat a cherry popsicle? It needs to be fixed. Fourth, since when does Batman have giant white circles for eye? Why doesn’t he have his stretched out loop sided triangle eyes? [Obviously I’m not very good at geometry.] He needs a new head sculpt.

i totally agree and FIFTH

Why is he using the same torso as HUSH Bats!!???

Does anyone else notice that?

It's not the Hush torso. I've got the figure right here, and comparing it to the picture, it's just not the same. Similar, sure, but that's because they're sculpted by the same guy. It's the Silver Age box set Batman torso, arms, and legs. They've just replaced the belt, reworked the symbol, and given him a new head. (Neither the belt nor the symbol is the same as the Hush figure either)

and WW doesn't look like a pale super heroine with an eating disorder

While her skin does seem to be darker than the pale original, it's the same body, so if you thought she had an eating disorder then, she's still got it now.

The only change besides the head and skin tone that I can see is that they've replaced the gold with yellow.