Yet Another Project Started!

Dark_Lord_Prime

Yeah, yeah. I know we're rumored to be getting a 'real' one, but this has been in my head since I first brought Jazz home, so the project continues apace. :D

First, teh teaser:

dscf0366.jpg

And teh full shot:

dscf0358.jpg

I'll be adding black police deco in short order, with the same self-adhesive vinyl stuff I used for Jazz's stripes. After that, I'll make up some custom PD logos for the doors, and then all that'll be left is repainting the head of one of my extra Smokescreens. :thumb

I was thinking about doing a custom Silverstreak job. It'd be my first, but I've played around with models and majored in art at university, so I think I could handle it. The alt mode suits him better - the Mazda's front just looks too sporty for a cop car. Plus, the whole G1 thing is a big deal to me.

I'm holding off until I see what happens with this Acura rumour... But your custom is looking pretty nice, I must say.

If you need any inspiration, go to www.tfmaster.com

I think it's obligatory for every kitbasher to do an Alt Prowl (and Suntreaker). Personally I don't think I'd be able to do a good enough job so I'm waiting for the real thing. I only work with figures that can be fully (or nearly) taken apart witout damaging them

I think it's obligatory for every kitbasher to do an Alt Prowl (and Suntreaker). Personally I don't think I'd be able to do a good enough job so I'm waiting for the real thing. I only work with figures that can be fully (or nearly) taken apart witout damaging them

I actually had his foot entirely apart last night. Amzingly, all the parts I needed to take apart were held together with screws rather than pins!

Hopefully, the front end will be similar.

I actually had his foot entirely apart last night. Amzingly, all the parts I needed to take apart were held together with screws rather than pins!

Hopefully, the front end will be similar.

That's alright then. The only Alt alterations I plan to do thus far, are correct coloured racing stripes on Wheeljack

it looks great so far, cant wait to see the finished product

Me, too.

I was planning to use vinyl, like I did with Jazz's stripes, but that didn't work out too well (it's only really useful on completely flat surfaces, aparently), so I'm gonna pick up some gloss-black Fusion tonight on my way home.

Unfortunately, this means it's not gonna be finished near as soon as I'd hoped. :(

Owell.. better that than the crappy results I was getting with the vinyl. @hmmm@

Oh, and for those expecting it, my paintjob isn't going to be a copy of G1's. ;)

Cool!

Lookin good so far. You did take him apart to paint him, right? I avoid puttin my stuff back together for as long as possible, dunno why, just do.

Yeah. The other foot is apart and currently drying/setting.

I'm trying to avoid having the entire thing apart at the same time, for fear of losing any of him.

New update!

Still no update on the car, itself, 'cause I've had to strip the fraggin' thing back down and re-spray it twice. Either it was too cold in the room while the paint dried, or I was putting the paint on too thick--or a combination of the two--kept making the paint crack and wrinkle. :(

I think I've got it right this time, though. I'm just waiting for the passenger-side fender to dry and set.

In the meantime, I've started painting up Prowl's helmet! (the red paint looks rough 'cause it's only one coat. The funky, filmy bits are scotch tape, masking off the horns)

dscf0390.jpg

The color should even out once I put another coat or two on. I plan to repaint the teal bits on his thighs to the same color(red metal-flake).

that version of Prowl is pretty cool. I like what the guy did with it. I'm sure DLP's will be good also, he always does nice customes.

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update!

After multiple bouts of painting, stripping, and repainting, I've decided to just go with the finish it has. Later, when I can get another Meister, I'll pull the front end off of it and try again for the smooth, glossy finish it was SUPPOSED to have.

Until then...

dscf0408.jpgdscf0407.jpg

dscf0406.jpg

All that's left for the front-end of the car is the loud-speaker/light assembly on the front bumper, and the eventual Autobot and PD decals on the hood.

Right now, though, I'm working on his head and legs, and I need to give his right foot a touch-up.

Aside from the slightly farked-over paint-job on the front, I'm pretty happy with him so far. :)

DLP needs to switch lights to whatever that guy is using on the roof lol!

IMO when I think copcar I think red n blue :S

&

Whoa, neat work on the face! What did you do, sand it off or?...

DLP needs to switch lights to whatever that guy is using on the roof lol!

IMO when I think copcar I think red n blue :S

&

Whoa, neat work on the face! What did you do, sand it off or?...

As I've said, those lights came from a New York City Police Interceptor model, so they're police-accurate. ;)

That's just the front half of his helmet. The face comes out. @loll@

That hazy film-like appearance is Scotch Magic Tape (frosted), used to mask off the helmet from the horns.