Kb Store Have No More Joes

xhairs

KBs around here never really carried Joes in force anyway....no big lose there....they were kinda crappy in that department to begin with, but KB.com is a totally different story. They usually carry more Joe product than the brick and mortar KBs I hit.

Anyway, all the KBs I used to hit are now no more, they just went out in that recent wave of closings (All THREE OF THEM!)

Grayghost

My local KB's didn't carry much in the way of Joes either, and what few they did, were extremely over-priced. OCS sets were all I've ever went ahead and purchased from them.

Don't know why they've been stingy on the Joe toys, and guess I don't really care. They're likely going under anyway.

Yeah it's the same around my way NOTHING! Only poor managed stores and it sounds like that all around, the way they carry their business they should be out of the game in the next couple of years. At least TRU changed their ways here and priced their joes at 6.95 and have started to get the new figures first like the others, good for them they see the threat of Target and Wal-Mart and are doing something about it.

the two things you have to understand with kb is that they aren't really a top priority, not that they ever were. with a good majority of their stores going or already have gone out of business, this definitely puts them further down the distribution ladder.

side story; leading up until christmas, my local kb had a big store clearance. i actually thought they may have been one of the michigan stores that were closing, but as it turns out, it was just a holiday special. before the holidays ended, i mentioned to one of my buddies that after they've been cleared out, they're going to dig through their stockroom and put all the crap they recently cleared out back on the shelf. well, a couple weeks after christmas after getting sick of looking at all of their empty space, what should i find on the pegs? 1992 kenner robocop figures, captain cash and pud face. exactly as expected, they received no new shipments and had to make due with what they had. not to mention, that kb has never seen a valor vs venom package. up until christmas, they still had a spy troops depthcharge and roadblock/dreadnok ripper on the pegs for $7.99. i'm going to repeat that, because it bares repeating; a spy troops depthcharge and roadblock/dreadnok ripper for $7.99 in 2004.

the second thing when it comes to kb toys...

the employees know less than walmart toy department employees. sure, i've had a few run into the back and grab me something but only after thoroughly explaining just what it was i was looking for. the majority of their workers are just dumb kids that needed a job during the summer or to help pay for college. granted, i can't expect everyone with an interest in collecting to break down the doors to apply at a toy store. in a perfect world...

I just went to the KB in Springfield, VA a few days ago and couldn't find any Joes. This store always had a Joe section in the past, so I looked around everywhere...but found nothing. So maybe KB has indeed dropped the line for some reason. The Springfield store never had any new items, just old Spy Troops stuff and 12" figures. They did have the OCS set a few months ago, though.

MY Kb's have the OCS, some old spytroop 2 packs and that is it.

Draven

Thats about what my local Kay Bee has as well. I think the most recent wave was the Sandviper/Beach-Head wave.

Yeah that was the last wave I saw at KB.

Draven

The only Joe stuff I've seen at KB recently is the OCS set, Patriot Grizz, and the Crimson chopper. No figures at all.

@bats@

Same here nothin but that stuff not even the ocs anymore either. Maybe they are goin to stop.

One of my KB's just got two cases of comic packs 6, 7, and 8 along with some mechs..........................

same here, but we may be talking about the same KB. I have 2 KB's in my area and both are stocked full of the new comic packs, VvV wave 4, the Mechs, Sting Raiders and Tiger Hawks.

so I doubt KB as a whole is not carrying them anymore as they seem to be getting new things in.

One of my KB's just got two cases of comic packs 6, 7, and 8 along with some mechs..........................

same here, but we may be talking about the same KB. I have 2 KB's in my area and both are stocked full of the new comic packs, VvV wave 4, the Mechs, Sting Raiders and Tiger Hawks.

so I doubt KB as a whole is not carrying them anymore as they seem to be getting new things in.

Do they have the newest comic packs? #6-#8?

@bats@

I went inside a KB toy store yesterday they had the new comic book packs 6, 7, and 8 but they didn't have any 2 packs.

@bats@

yup.

@bats@

yup.

Cool! I hadn't heard of them showing up at KB yet. Hopefully this gives everybody that hasn't found them a second chance!

@bats@

just like when people complain about their walmarts not getting anything, i think it's a matter of region. i was at one of my kb's yesterday and they had defense mechs, pulverizers, desert tigerhawks, sting raiders, ninja battles sets, comic packs 6, 7, and 8, and tons of crimson sabotage sets. and a few earlier vvv 2 packs as well.

Apparently, we've got too many pussies running the KB's on THIS side of the country!

The best we can do here, is complete the entire collection of Dora the Explorer toys! <_<