Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul Discussion

mynameisash

SPOILERS BEWARE!

So most of us know or think that Liam Neeson is the Real Ra's Al Ghul when indeed his screen name is Henri Ducard

So, Ducard is a real character in the comics. hmmmmm, throw off?

OK, so what is Goyer trying to say?

Is Ra's Al Ghul a title? It means Demon's Head. Does that mean that Wantanabe's Ra's name is a title that is passed down to Neeson's character? or, is Neeson Ra's in disguise for the whole time and Wanatanabe is a decoy?. The review that was jsut posted at Aintitcoolnews.com says that Neeson is Ra's and that he and Batman will have a huge climatic swordfight in the end.

when Bruce meets Ducard they are in a jail cell together. Ducard takes Bruce under his wing and they flee to the western world to study the samarai arts under Wantanabe's Ra's Al Ghul. of course from the trailers, Neeson seem to be more poetic and of easy nature. Im curious how much different he is than the comic character. Is there a Lazarus pit? How old is he?

I find this character to be the most interesting and awesome Batman villan to date. I like his cartoon and comic appearances as well as his hott daughter that Batman has a kid with in the books. I find that he is quite amazing and to have Neeson play this character is hitting the nail on the head.

OK, now let's just say that Wantanabe is the real Ra's and Ducard is not. I will hate this movie and piss all over it. (sorry) I am expecting a real winner after reading the supposed review and seeing what I've seen from the pictures and trailers. If anyone disagrees with my attitude towards the film please speak, other wise add your 2 cents to the Ra's gandering.

Yea I noticed the same comment in the reveiw myself and it got me wondering so.

Spoilers Beware!

To give an answer to things.

After re-reading the script, yea Ducard is the real Ra's Al Ghul. Watanabe plays the decoy Ra's Al Ghul. This was something that I actually missed on the first read through the script.

in think in the comics that Ras has made it clear that "ras al ghul" is just a name he is known by, and "body of the demon" if you will is his vast and far spread agencies of controll. having a decoy seems totally in character.

i didnt know ducard was in the comics, but figured that since it sounded like 'alucard" ("dracula" backwards, which has been used in lots of dracula movies), that batman would realize that "dracud" meant "demon" or something and put it all together.

I like his cartoon and comic appearances as well as his hott daughter that Batman has a kid with in the books.

when did that happen?!!?!!?

I think it was called Son of the Demon, I forget. I've heard the baby is somewhat written out of continuity. But this baby might grow up to be Ibn al Xu’ffasch, aka "Son of the Bat" in Kingdom Come.

And yeah, in the movie, Wantanbe is the decoy. And apparently, Ducard is a real character in the comics according to Wizard. Though I've never heard of him until the new Batman movie.