The Switchers Are At Work Again

Three Storms

But the seller's done his research, even contacted Hasbro. Blanka has not been in production since 1993!!!!!!!

He inspected the package for tampering and guarantees that it has not been opened.... besides, who would want to insert a 1993 GEM MINT figure of Blanka into the package? Surely not someone who wanted more cobra troopers and was trying hard to get rid of the leftovers!

@liar@

Blanka's not a bad figure, but I've heard stupider swaps. Funny how the rifle near Blanka's left leg has been replaced with a Firefly submachine, too. (Unless its sound attack, that was another odd swap).

But the seller's done his research, even contacted Hasbro. Blanka has not been in production since 1993!!!!!!!

He inspected the package for tampering and guarantees that it has not been opened.... besides, who would want to insert a 1993 GEM MINT figure of Blanka into the package? Surely not someone who wanted more cobra troopers and was trying hard to get rid of the leftovers!

@liar@

Gee, do you think that maybe, just maybe, the seller might be the one who created this little piece of history? Someone should ask to see closeups of the back of the package to see where the tape was replaced. I bet the seller won't provide those pics.

of course, the question arises how does the seller know the Blanka is gem mint unless he has held the figure? he might look in good shape but could be loose as Angelina Jolie. the only way to make such an assertion would be to have inspected Blanka personally...out of the package, which means the package had to have been opened and resealed.

of course, all of this is irrelevent for the simple fact that anytime a Blanka is in a new package it has obviously been swapped, so that is the only proof you need.

@liar@

Gee, do you think that maybe, just maybe, the seller might be the one who created this little piece of history? Someone should ask to see closeups of the back of the package to see where the tape was replaced. I bet the seller won't provide those pics.

Actually, he DID: http://www.cobraisland.com/index.php?showtopic=1749

Scroll about halfway through.

I am not entirely convinced that this comes from the seller themselves, and not from a return at Walmart or something.

Why am I not suprised that this is in Virginia, right down the street from me.  This is really bad in my area.

Thats just becaue of you man...lol.

:) You would think that the scalpers/switchers would leave the area once they found out a mega god like Zod was living there, but scalpers/switchers are fearless :). See if you guys voted for Zod for president instead of Bush or Kerry we wouldnt be having this problem.

first off, be glad he isnt returning it to the store, he bought it for 10 bucks and took the cobra soldier and he is selling the other 2 on ebay to get some money back, be happy he isnt returning it to the store with blanka in it.

Second, im sure the bidder knows that it doesnt originally come with blanka and that he is lying, but look at it, $.99 cents for 2 comic pack figures and a blanka, i would pay that much and im sure the bidder is thinking the same thing, thats a steal right there......i dont think the seller is doing anything wrong besides false advertising, but he shouldnt be accused of taking out the figure and returning it to a store and he isnt switching either, its the same thing as buying a comic pack and taking the soldier and selling the other 2 figures in the pack on ebay, but he is just selling them in the bubble with an extra figure, no harm there

EDIT: also he added that info at the end and he is either being honest about someone else doing it and he bought it at the store thinking it was rare, or he is doing that to cover up

of course, the question arises how does the seller know the Blanka is gem mint unless he has held the figure? he might look in good shape but could be loose as Angelina Jolie. the only way to make such an assertion would be to have inspected Blanka personally...out of the package, which means the package had to have been opened and resealed.

of course, all of this is irrelevent for the simple fact that anytime a Blanka is in a new package it has obviously been swapped, so that is the only proof you need.

He's mint on card! it's never been opened he's gonna be a mint figure. Geez, don't you read the item info!?

Eh, people swapping figures around is so sad. I honestly didn't even dream people did this until I saw this posted on the yojoe boards. At least whoever picks this up will have gotten some figures on the cheap.

oh, and that rare blanka is a steal at 99c!!!!!!!

That's slick. At least he replaced it with the same character.

We as a message board need to form an Ebay ID to bid on all of these craptastic autions. The best thing to do is bid like twelve hundred dollars so no one wins it. And we can just laugh at them when they try to collect money from us.

@propeller@ - Sam

now who wants to give their credit card to the boards :)