My Green Shirt Pics

Mig

Pissy Fanboy? Am I wrong for pointing out Hasbro's incompetence. They always find one way to screw up a good set.

For example: (This is what most gijoe fans complained about)

Infantry Pack- Problem: Weapons

Night Force- Problem: Action Man

Anti Venom Team- Problem: Sgt Lifeline

Urban Stike Team- Problem: Firefly and Storm Shadow

Ninja Pack- Problem: Two Vyraswhich should of been one and another black ninja

Desert Patrol- No comment here.

Two Crimson 6 packs- Problem: Crimson Firefly @grumpy@

Greenshirts- Problem: Beards and mustaches

Need I say more? Thanks VH!

You say Hasbro "screws up" something everytime. But your complaint is that they have facial hair. Now if that's good or bad, it's really a personal preference. It sounds like you're just TRYING to find something to complain about. Constantly looking for the part of the glass that's empty instead of seeing how full the glass is, seems ridiculous.

And though I don't post a lot, I read a lot, and I certainly know rant, rave, nitpick, whatever is common. I'm not trying to make a personal attack, but does anybody think about that much?

Saying Hasbro always screws up I think is as much as personal attack against the people at Hasbro as anything I said.

And again, this "screw up" amounts to personal preference, and I find projecting such a minor personal taste as a fault on a whole company to be distasteful. It's not a problem with quality control or poor accessories used.

Urban Strike team, Firefly and Storm Shadow were a problem? Why? they weren't army builders? Well neither is Scrap Iron.

Ninja pack: 2 Vypras? Again YOUR personal taste, I like them.

CG packs both with Firefly, have we seen pics of them BESIDES the Amazon ones? From what I can see in those pics it's the same pictures, of 1 set used for both(and it might apply to the descriptions as well)

I'm not a Hasbro-shill, the Desert set was AWFUL enough that I didn't buy it. But maybe be a bit more reasonable about what's really a screw up and what's just not the personal choice you would have made? Hasbro is made up of people too. And I "typed" this to your "face", not behind the backs of the faceless people at Hasbro.

You say Hasbro "screws up" something everytime. But your complaint is that they have facial hair. Now if that's good or bad, it's really a personal preference. It sounds like you're just TRYING to find something to complain about. Constantly looking for the part of the glass that's empty instead of seeing how full the glass is, seems ridiculous.

Saying Hasbro always screws up I think is as much as personal attack against the people at Hasbro as anything I said.

Two things:

First of all, saying they "screw up" is not a personal attack, it's his opinion. If you think that Hasbro makes these sets perfectly, that's your personal opinion. It is his (and mine and many others) that they all have sloppy uneccessary flaws in them. I see three things wrong with this set: 1) the beards look awful, 2) the Hiss driver chest looks weird, and 3) the plastic of the lower arms does not match the upper arms. In my option, this set is screwed up. All they had to do was make 6 figures, all with the same chest, without facial hair, and plastic that matches.

Every set so far has some easy gripe that can be made about it. While Hasbro has been making some great efforts lately, they aren't doing anything 100% perfectly. While you can argue that it is my opinion that the beards look bad, you can't argue that it is my "opinion" that the lower and upper arm should match. They should match, plain and simple.

I really looked foward to the comic packs, but I found something wrong with each pack and have yet to pick any up. But after seeing the nearly flawless October Guard packs, I am rethinking my stance and thinking about picking them all up. However, it is not my "opinion" if I point out that some of the comic figures have tiny heads, chests that are too big, etc. I may be nitpicking by your standards, but those aren't opinions. And people on this board have a right to express that without hearing whining from people who love something. It's the same thing in reverse. People would think it's ridiculous to say that someone cannot praise a set, so don't be hypocritical by suggesting people can't criticize it.

I was going to pick up this greenshirt set until I saw these close-up pictures. The miscolored arms are too much for me to handle.

Louis

Here's a valid complaint:

1107648863524_DSCN0102.JPG

Hasbro really needs to do the elbows better; all that excess plastic. It's not really a big deal to shave it off with a razor blade, but having it show up in every other Joe product one buys gets annoying (TRU and comic 3-packs alike).

Every set so far has some easy gripe that can be made about it.

The most fustrating thing is that they blunder through some of these things. Alot of them are easy fixes, yet they go unremedied and show up in subsequent sets or every other one. These would include the sloppy paints apps, painted flesh, cheap plastic quality, questionable paint schemes and bad accessories.

Accessories seems to have improved. We'll see how the next Joe pack is accessorized (one with all unique characters).

As far as having too unique characters in the Cobra sets... if there are too many, it may be from an army builder's point of view. And that's valid.

However, keep in mind that set like the UST probably wasn't intended to be an army builder set, and unique characters were gonna be included no matter what.

Which ones, is also another matter. Having FF and SS show up in every pack is just as annoying as having Duke, Stalker, Tunnel Rat and SE do they same for the Joe side (unfortunately, this whole core character thing isn't limited to just JvC stuff). But looking at the rather small cast of Cobra characters, the alternative isn't all the much better. So instead of FF and SS, you'd probably see Scrap Iron (probably more acceptable given that he hasn't been released recently and as frequently as SS and FF) CC, Baroness, Major Bludd, Destro or the Twins instead. Maybe Copperhead will make a comeback one day (recast chest and head and scrape for the rest).

Am I wrong for pointing out Hasbro's incompetence. They always find one way to screw up a good set.

For example: (This is what most gijoe fans complained about)

Ninja Pack- Problem: Two Vyraswhich should of been one and another black ninja

Screwed up? Yea.

Having two Vypras which should of been one and another black ninja a problem? I guess.

As big a problem as having the Red Ninjas arm crumble to dust? No even close.

This past weekend, I finally removed the uber fragile [CotN] Red Ninjas from their plastic prison to join their comrades in my new wooden Joe box (formerly packaging for some wine).

BIG MISTAKE.

Unable to resist the urge to have my [sS v1] Red Ninja demonstrate their martial arts prowess on DPS Snake-Eyes, I proceed to pit them in a no-holds barred fight to the finish. Unfortunately, the only thing that was finished was one of my Red Ninja's arm... in all of 2 minutes of play.

Thankfully, the arm is still in place, with only the front part of the joint broken. Failed attempts at Krazy glueing it back together did not make my day any better.

It's just odd, and awfully cheap of Hasbro, to produce these ninjas figures with substandard material. Jinx from the CotN set also suffers from cheap plastic, luckily, no problems yet. For this era of Joe, Jinx also suffered from poor plastic back in the TF2 set.

This definitely needs to stop.

If they didn't have beards or mustaches they would be great. But Hasbro always finds a way to screw it up. I guess I have to find a way to get rid of it. Either way I love those pics and will definitely get at least 5-6 sets.

Pissy fanboys always find some way to whine

And pissy people always find a way to troll. :rolleyes:

Royal has a opinion and hs every right to!!!

Draven

That "glass is half full/empty" analogy never made sense to me, because it doesn't take into consideration the goal.

If you're goal is to finish your beer in order to start on another, then your glass being half EMPTY is a positive viewpoint, because that just means your even closer to your goal of finishing it. If it's half FULL, you've got a little ways to go! ^_^

And though I don't post a lot, I read a lot, and I certainly know rant, rave, nitpick, whatever is common. I'm not trying to make a personal attack, but does anybody think about that much?

And again, this "screw up" amounts to personal preference, and I find projecting such a minor personal taste as a fault on a whole company to be distasteful. It's not a problem with quality control or poor accessories used.

Urban Strike team, Firefly and Storm Shadow were a problem? Why? they weren't army builders? Well neither is Scrap Iron.

Ninja pack: 2 Vypras? Again YOUR personal taste, I like them.

CG packs both with Firefly, have we seen pics of them BESIDES the Amazon ones? From what I can see in those pics it's the same pictures, of 1 set used for both(and it might apply to the descriptions as well)

I'm not a Hasbro-shill, the Desert set was AWFUL enough that I didn't buy it. But maybe be a bit more reasonable about what's really a screw up and what's just not the personal choice you would have made? Hasbro is made up of people too. And I "typed" this to your "face", not behind the backs of the faceless people at Hasbro.

What makes the freaking difference? Do you need support or something? Does Hasbro need reaffirmation on this stuff, or is our money good enough?

You hurt Hasbro MORE by not buying those sets you mentioned. They could care less for your praise if you ain't even buying the stuff. These nit picks and complaints are common, and only part of the usaul discussion that goes on, seeing how we ALL have different expectations of what we'd like to see and HOW we'd like to see it.

Our imaginations are on overdrive, and Hasbro likely knows they won't satisfy those ideals 100 % of the time.

Why wage war, with the folks who share your hobby with you, over people you'll likely NEVER have anything to do with? If somebody stated YOU suck for buying these or for liking them, you'd have a case. Right now, you're just taking a personal preference of another member who would have liked his Greenshirts beardless....too personal.

Relax on the Hasbro, PR tool bit, just a little.