My Green Shirt Pics

Mig

Just found these a few days ago and cracked a couple sets open. They are much better in person and I actually like the set a lot! Hasbro packed the set with a ton of weapons (good ones too), stands, and backpacks. Here are the pics:

1108285202896_DSCN0099.JPG

1109789572670_DSCN0100.JPG

1107648863524_DSCN0102.JPG

1109696540960_DSCN0103.JPG

1107938924091_DSCN0104.JPG

1106401727477_DSCN0105.JPG

1109336182650_DSCN0106.JPG

1109217157061_1109342571397_DSCN0107.JPG

If they didn't have beards or mustaches they would be great. But Hasbro always finds a way to screw it up. I guess I have to find a way to get rid of it. Either way I love those pics and will definitely get at least 5-6 sets.

I can't belive they retooled downtown's head to be a straight neck.

I wish they were clean shaven and had crew cuts. The facial hair and bowl cuts look funny to me. I can't put my finger on it, but something screams knock off every time I look at them. Maybe its the skin tone. They just don't look like Hasbro GIJoes to me.

Nice. I like The backpacks. I love these figures, Ill be picking up two packs. And i'll be shaving one pack with a razor. Do the 82 helmets fit? Id like to see what they look like with the original helmets.

Cool pics Eagle! One thing that strikes me is how crappy the Hiss Driver chest is on these. With the crappy folds in the cloth only on his sides. :(

Draven

Agreed! I actually did not notice the HISS chest at first but looking back it does look quite odd!

Still not sure if I want to get these or not, I have kind of awlays like the Joes just being original characters to feel in their ranks.

I felt the same way but maybe the GI Joe org is restructuring and realizing it needs to scale in order to meet the increasing need for defense of the BAT's, Infantry, Vipers, and CG's :)

Someone over at Joecustoms posted a fix to remove the facial hair. If you use "Deep Woods Off", if will remove the paint but not discolor the plastic!

I can't wait to find these.

Ahhh, that reminds me of the time when a friend, my brother, and myself were being attacked by misquitos while playing with our Joes. To remedy this we not only sprayed ourselves with some insect repelent but the Joes as well . . . let's just say Beach Head's arm melted off.

greenshirtduo0qq.png

Cool pics Eagle! One thing that strikes me is how crappy the Hiss Driver chest is on these. With the crappy folds in the cloth only on his sides. :(

Draven

Agreed! I actually did not notice the HISS chest at first but looking back it does look quite odd!

I guess I'm not looking at it like it's suppose to be part of his shirt. I'm looking at it, like it's SUPPOSE to be a chest plate, just like it is on the Hiss Driver figure, so it looks pretty cool to me.

These guys with the chest plate can be like Laser troopers or some specialty that requires the extra chest protection. Just because it's painted Green to match their uniforms, doesn't mean it's not a piece of extra armor...right?

1107648863524_DSCN0102.JPG

I like these guys even more and more, with every new pic post about them! ^_^ Maybe some custom versions in all White for artic troopers?

I like these guys even more and more, with every new pic post about them!  ^_^    Maybe some custom versions in all White for artic troopers?

Not a bad idea. Maybe they could re-release these in a white/light grey camo with white/off-white cloth jackets and platic slipon snowboots/shoes.

I'd very much like to see these guys wearing a BDU pattern and have the lime green webgear painted O.D. green or black.

- Trooper

If they didn't have beards or mustaches they would be great. But Hasbro always finds a way to screw it up. I guess I have to find a way to get rid of it. Either way I love those pics and will definitely get at least 5-6 sets.

Pissy fanboys always find some way to whine

:rolleyes: oh boy!

Are you out to attack Royal Marine personally, or trying to stir up trouble with the whole fanbase here? <_<

Nit and pick, rant and rave or give thumbs up or thumbs down to all the new stuff (as it shows up), is par for the course here fella. You're a little behind the times, as far as all this angst over somebody finding a particular fault (or dislike) in something.

Somehow, I'd be willing to bet that Hasbro could care less if RM likes the facial hair or not, especially since he just committed to buying "5-6" sets of them anyway.

Pissy Fanboy? Am I wrong for pointing out Hasbro's incompetence. They always find one way to screw up a good set.

For example: (This is what most gijoe fans complained about)

Infantry Pack- Problem: Weapons

Night Force- Problem: Action Man

Anti Venom Team- Problem: Sgt Lifeline

Urban Stike Team- Problem: Firefly and Storm Shadow

Ninja Pack- Problem: Two Vyraswhich should of been one and another black ninja

Desert Patrol- No comment here.

Two Crimson 6 packs- Problem: Crimson Firefly @grumpy@

Greenshirts- Problem: Beards and mustaches

Need I say more? Thanks VH!

Nice recap Royal!